FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] alternative kernels for cm9?

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By 911nimo, Member on 30th June 2012, 12:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
is there any alternative kernels for cm9... I can't find any in the development section.... I am on PA 0.4a and cant get cifs to work I tried everything... (it must be the kernel because it works perfectly with speedmod kernel on touchwiz roms but it cant be used for cm9 based roms)
 
 
30th June 2012, 08:32 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Medan
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nimo

is there any alternative kernels for cm9... I can't find any in the development section.... I am on PA 0.4a and cant get cifs to work I tried everything... (it must be the kernel because it works perfectly with speedmod kernel on touchwiz roms but it cant be used for cm9 based roms)

Cm9 itself is a custom kernel, you can't put any other kernel on top of it.
30th June 2012, 07:42 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I don't know about that .... but i found many alternative cm9 kernels for other devices like SGSII
30th June 2012, 10:46 PM |#4  
SpyderTracks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582
 
More
Afaik you can use the kernel who's name we shall not speak... pm me if you need details.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to SpyderTracks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2012, 01:33 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Medan
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nimo

I don't know about that .... but i found many alternative cm9 kernels for other devices like SGSII

look like you are right but i can't find any for our note.
1st July 2012, 04:34 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
On cm9 can i oc gpu? I play n.o.v.a 3 and use gpu at 400 mhz and this game run so fast and smooth, more bette when use 267 mhz, or can i change gpu on 2d from 160 to 267? Because note is smoother on samsung roms when use 267 on 2d. Or maybe cm9 dont need oc gpu on 2d because is still smooth?
1st July 2012, 04:42 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nimo

is there any alternative kernels for cm9... I can't find any in the development section.... I am on PA 0.4a and cant get cifs to work I tried everything... (it must be the kernel because it works perfectly with speedmod kernel on touchwiz roms but it cant be used for cm9 based roms)

Cifs works fine with CifsManager on PA 0.4 for me.
3rd July 2012, 02:44 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboesboes

Cifs works fine with CifsManager on PA 0.4 for me.

what settings are you using?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes