TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]NFC App's

OP RossMacgill

25th June 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #41  
Flag Deep River
Thanks Meter: 10

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oski24

I like how all payments could be made through your phone in the future, but how about a driver's license? If I was able to store that on the phone then I really wouldn't need to carry around a wallet.

I've been thinking the same thing... payments would be nice, but I would REALLY be happy if it could also store my drivers' license, boating card, fishing license, health card... might be able to slim down the wallet to only cash and have the added piece of mind that the originals are safe at home in case the phone falls in the river.
I usually carry my phone but HATE carrying a wallet especially in winter when I don't wear a jacket 'cause it doesn't fit in a shirt pocket and it's way heavier.
28th June 2012, 01:32 PM   |  #42  
Flag Landgraaf
Thanks Meter: 69

191 posts
More
There are 2 apps in the market that chipmanufacturer NXP has made: TagInfo and TagWriter

TagInfo can read your tags, but Writer can also write something to your contactless card, if it is not secured. I tried it with the card from my school, it has an NFC tag "for future use" but it was unwritten and not secured, so I could write my contact data to it, and now, whenever I hold my school card against an NFC Android device, it automatically can add my phone number and e-mail etc into that phone
29th June 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #43  
Flag hama
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
its awsome apps on orange
1st July 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
thanks for the info
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread