Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

T-Mobile Galaxy S2 T989 Hybrid case - $8! GREAT!! (Review and pics inside)

OP synenergy52

17th May 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
For anyone that may have both how does the protection compare to the aegis. I have the Aegis and like it but it is definitely bulky
23rd May 2012, 11:27 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 19

64 posts
fectsul wrap
I ordered both the Trident and Ballistic. I prefered the Ballistic because of the beefier corners. Better protection if dropped. About the same size as the Trident. No experience witht the case of OP. But, I think you usually get what you pay for.
24th May 2012, 03:17 AM   |  #13  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 22

89 posts
More
Thx for sharing this.
Just bought one myself recently, it's a case that I actually like.
however, the only gripe I have is that the silicone half doesn't fit as tight around the phone as I would like. but other than that I love it.
11th June 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #14  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
More
Bump!

Thanks Synenergy52, I went ahead and bought one. I want to especially thank you for the nice detailed (nice resolution and angled) pictures; it's very helpful when you can see an actual image--not some 'stock' photograph on the buyer's page.

Anyway, I actually purchased it from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Samsung-...ht_2241wt_1396 In case the sale is done, I paid $6.49 USD.

Interestingly, that seller has several color variants. Too bad I'm not very original, although I was tempted with their neon green and black case, hence why I went for the black one (also because that's the one I could see an actual image of, thanks to your review).
The Following User Says Thank You to shalom24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2012, 04:27 PM   |  #15  
Mississauga, ON
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
I was sold more on this thread, than I was when I looked at the product on the purchase page.

Very content with this case.

Thanks.
19th June 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 11

217 posts
Had mine a couple months, like it alot. Bought a slimmer s/hard gel type skin which I like more becuse of slimline but it added the echo to my conversations, even with the card trick. So am back to this one.
1st July 2012, 07:19 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 14

260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyR

Just bought one myself recently, it's a case that I actually like.
however, the only gripe I have is that the silicone half doesn't fit as tight around the phone as I would like. but other than that I love it.

Exactly my opinion as well. I feel like the silicone material needs to be a tad bit harder so it doesn't flex so much. Which I would gladly pay much more for.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
1st July 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #18  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,985

13,384 posts
More
Amazon doesn't have the all white one. Looking for another alternate case.
1st July 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #19  
Flag Miami,Fl
Thanks Meter: 4

58 posts
More
anyone else feel the silicon is to lose around the screen edge.
2nd July 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #20  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 12

70 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by synenergy52

I wanted to post a review for you guys. This is the best case I've ever used on the T989 or for any phone for that matter. Fits extremely well and has excellent fit and finish (I'm extremely picky) and most importantly the buttons on the side (lock button and volume rockers) are very clicky and have a great feel--unlike a lot of silicone cases where the buttons feel like mush and unresponsive. EXCELLENT BUY. The phone now feels solid and grippy all without getting stuck in your pocket. The back is smooth. Very good balance. Without it, the phone feels flimsy and slippy.

Here's where I found it, Amazon:

Amazon.com - Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile T989 Accessories - Hybrid Case $8

Shipping was FAST! HIGHLY satisfied

Sorry for the hair on my phone... I wish I had seen it before taking the pics! YUCK!

I know of an even better case and its 7.77 on ebay!!!!!!! Plus it has a built in kickstand and multiple colors!! here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-MOBILE-SAM...item3372450e3c

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amazon, case, hybrid, review, silicone
Previous Thread Next Thread