Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

30pin "L" shaped connector?

Tip us?

Neogrin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question 30pin "L" shaped connector?

I will be using my GT 7.7 allot in the car and likely in the landscape orientation. This puts the 30pin connector and cable sticking straight out the side.

Is there any 90 degree ("L" shaped) 30pin connectors available? (similar to a "L" shaped SATA connectors -see picture-)

If there is, this would point the cable towards the dashboard and and make the cable routing less messy looking.

I searched but didn't come up with anything.

Note: I know I could use the Samsung OEM car dock (which, I think, has the power cable connector in the back/bottom) but was looking for a lower cost option.

Thank

fandangosaurus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any luck with finding one of these cables?

Jade Eyed Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neogrin View Post
I will be using my GT 7.7 allot in the car and likely in the landscape orientation. This puts the 30pin connector and cable sticking straight out the side.

Is there any 90 degree ("L" shaped) 30pin connectors available? (similar to a "L" shaped SATA connectors -see picture-)

If there is, this would point the cable towards the dashboard and and make the cable routing less messy looking.

I searched but didn't come up with anything.

Note: I know I could use the Samsung OEM car dock (which, I think, has the power cable connector in the back/bottom) but was looking for a lower cost option.

Thank
Have you had a look at my cheap solution for car a car dock and cable management yet?

rEVOLVE
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I know this was posted awhile ago, but if you or anyone else is interested, the original samsung galaxy tab HDMI dock uses the same connector and works w/ the 7.7 (I know because i have a couple). You can get these on amazon for $15 right now. I believe this is the same dock for all the tabs and they just change the plastic piece that holds your tablet to accomodate the model (i have the original galaxy tab, the 7 Plus, and the 7.7 and they ALL work).

If you take it apart, the tablet connector looks exactly like what you are looking for - an L shaped 30-pin. The profile when plugged in is very thin and looks less like when you have the actual car charger cable plugged directly into the tablet.

I've attached a picture of what the cable end looks like. The nice thing is if you keep all the electronics intact, there is an area in the back that the car charger cable connects to pass power to this cable as well as a 3.5 jack for your auxiliary audio connector. Once you lop off the plastic tablet holder part, you have a bare ribbon cable that you can cover in black electrical tape and you just have to mount the pod onto the back of a hard tablet mount and plug your power and auxiliary audio cable into it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-17 21.45.36.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	1016289   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-17 21.40.17.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	1016290   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-17 21.45.55.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	1016291  

Engineer_M
Old
(Last edited by Engineer_M; 14th May 2012 at 09:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Dear rEVOLVE

i liked your idea the most and i already ordered the dock, but i have a question, my ordered dock has HDMI output as well, so can i do some electronic modification Like this DIY USB OTG cable to connect USB hub to it in the same time as well, so finally i got i charging 30pin port, auxiliary 3.5 audio port, HDMI port, and USB port???

thank you

carlo67
Old
Thanks Meter 6
hi
I need some of help with power plug for galaxy tab
look at this http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...7&p=-1&#bottom

anybody got any ideas?