MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Windows Phone battery life

OP dmnmsc

16th June 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Hi everyone. The question is easy:

What's your battery life with 3G/data connection ON?

(I've installed WP Miro's ROM on my Toshiba TG01 and my battery life is about 7-8 hours without so much use and I would like know if this is normal!)

Thanks for your answer!
21st June 2012, 11:46 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 3
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
I donīt use my TG01 because of that!
The Following User Says Thank You to gaiolo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2012, 10:37 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 3
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Hi,

Last weekend I decide to upgrade my battery.
The candidate: one battery from a Samsung I780.
Some soldering and she works.
Yesterday I have a full working day with no battery problem!

But, better than battery autonomy, was the reliabity: no hangs, no crash, it looks like a "new" phone.
4th July 2012, 01:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiolo

Hi,

Last weekend I decide to upgrade my battery.
The candidate: one battery from a Samsung I780.
Some soldering and she works.
Yesterday I have a full working day with no battery problem!

But, better than battery autonomy, was the reliabity: no hangs, no crash, it looks like a "new" phone.

Hey! Samsung I780 battery works on TG01? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's 1480mAh, isn't it? I've Mugen Power 1300mAh and my battery life is about 8-10 hours, no more. With 1480 it works all day?

And... what do you mean with "some soldering"?

Thank you so much!!
4th July 2012, 02:03 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 3
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnmsc

Hey! Samsung I780 battery works on TG01? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's 1480mAh, isn't it? I've Mugen Power 1300mAh and my battery life is about 8-10 hours, no more. With 1480 it works all day?

And... what do you mean with "some soldering"?

Thank you so much!!

Hi!

First I donīt use 3G.

I donīt know the capacity of the original I780 battery.

But with "original", and other ebay battery for the TG01 (i think cameron ***** with 1100mAh), the autonomy of the TG01, was a no go for me (car bluethoot; some calls, and emails).

I try soldering the original and the cameron, work for some time, but when the batterys was near 30%, the TG01 donīt work well (sometimes she freezes, only soft reset with power on button).

I reach the conclusion that the cameron, was the problem.

So I try with I780.

Like I reported yesterday, I had on Monday 4:25 of use with 50%.
Tuesday I had 4H35 with 30% (but I made more calls).
Today with 1h00 of use the battery is a 90%.
(I use a cab for that, the name is uptime.cab (if you want to search and install).

4 Emails accounts, with refresh every 1 hour.

With original the battery was dead about 2h00 ....

What you need, for use a I780 battery:
I780 battery; some wire (in my case I use form a old network cable) and a Rubber case (the original case obviously will not fit), and soldering.....

If you want, reply here in some hours, and when I reach home I can share some photos (to remind me).
4th July 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiolo

Hi!

First I donīt use 3G.

I donīt know the capacity of the original I780 battery.

But with "original", and other ebay battery for the TG01 (i think cameron ***** with 1100mAh), the autonomy of the TG01, was a no go for me (car bluethoot; some calls, and emails).

I try soldering the original and the cameron, work for some time, but when the batterys was near 30%, the TG01 donīt work well (sometimes she freezes, only soft reset with power on button).

I reach the conclusion that the cameron, was the problem.

So I try with I780.

Like I reported yesterday, I had on Monday 4:25 of use with 50%.
Tuesday I had 4H35 with 30% (but I made more calls).
Today with 1h00 of use the battery is a 90%.
(I use a cab for that, the name is uptime.c
ab (if you want to search and install).

4 Emails accounts, with refresh every 1 hour.

With original the battery was dead about 2h00 ....

What you need, for use a I780 battery:
I780 battery; some wire (in my case I use form a old network cable) and a Rubber case (the original case obviously will not fit), and soldering.....

If you want, reply here in some hours, and when I reach home I can share some photos (to remind me).

It would be nice to see some pictures. I'll be waiting!
5th July 2012, 10:54 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 3
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Hi,

Here come some photos (sorry about quality)






6th July 2012, 11:42 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiolo

Hi,

Here come some photos (sorry about quality)

Hi!

Thank you for the pictures. This is like Mugen Power 2600mAh Extended Replacement Battery but cheaper

If someday I try it, I will tell you!
6th July 2012, 12:40 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 3
 
130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnmsc

Hi!

Thank you for the pictures. This is like Mugen Power 2600mAh Extended Replacement Battery but cheaper

If someday I try it, I will tell you!

Ok!

Some tip, (sorry about "language problem"); use a flexible wire, and not "hard" like I did.

This weekend, I try the autonomy with 3G and share it next Monday.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes