Windows Mobile 6.5 BT pairing passcode

OP Mr.Beak

29th June 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hi,
not sure if this is the best place for this question, if not please redirect me.

MS have recently introduced the requirement of a passcode when pairing BT devices. Can this be disabled in any way.

Thanks
Jake
29th June 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #2  

7 posts
Try 2003 or 0000
1st July 2012, 12:40 PM   |  #3  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 240

1,408 posts
More
The pairing code is requested by the other device, so look in the manual of this. A usual simple code is 0000 for many devices.
2nd July 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
hi thanks for your replies.
I've perhaps been a tad vague, let me add some more info.

PREVIOUSLY....
when adding a Zebra QL220plus via bluetooth to a Motorola Symbol MC5590 with Windows Mobile 6.* the requirement to enter a PASSCODE never occurred...ever

Now when using
Zebra QL 220plus (as above) via BT to a MC55A0 with Windows Mobile 6.5 the requirment to enter a PASSCODE keeps coming up. Even though authentication on the Zebra printer is disabled

I just cannot figure out whether it's the OS or the mobile unit.

This problem has been passed down to me to resolve even though I was not previously responsible for the setup. So if I come across as inept at any point you now know why
2nd July 2012, 04:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Stuttgart

1,408 posts
More
There could be an option on the device like "require secure connection" or alike - remove that. You find it when setting up the outgoing serial link (or probably other service) towards a certain device. Usually the passcode for pairing indicates such a secure connection afaik. It is then still a matter of the device if such non secure connections would mutually be allowed. Good luck...
3rd July 2012, 10:56 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbbie

There could be an option on the device like "require secure connection" or alike - remove that. You find it when setting up the outgoing serial link (or probably other service) towards a certain device. Usually the passcode for pairing indicates such a secure connection afaik. It is then still a matter of the device if such non secure connections would mutually be allowed. Good luck...

Hi Tobbbie,
I'm guessing when you refer to 'device' you are talking about the printer. I can confirm that the Bluetooth settings on the printer are as:
Authentication = off
Encryption = off
there are no other options available from the printers main display that would have anything to do with security.

As to the MC55A Handheld I cannot find anything to disable with regards to authentication/encryption/passcodes etc. I did come across something about registry editing but I would really like to avoid that option if at all possible; although if that turns out to be my ONLY option.....

Thanks
Jake
3rd July 2012, 11:12 AM   |  #7  
Flag Stuttgart

1,408 posts
More
No, with device I meant the handheld. So it seems you have no choice but to contact the handheld vendor. Mind that the handheld has to support the printer profile (BPP, I think) to succesfully connect to the printer via BT.
I cannot give any further advice here, sorry + good luck :)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread