Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows Mobile 6.5 BT pairing passcode

Tip us?

Mr.Beak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Windows Mobile 6.5 BT pairing passcode

Hi,
not sure if this is the best place for this question, if not please redirect me.

MS have recently introduced the requirement of a passcode when pairing BT devices. Can this be disabled in any way.

Thanks
Jake

Snugglehog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try 2003 or 0000

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 238
The pairing code is requested by the other device, so look in the manual of this. A usual simple code is 0000 for many devices.
Android: Samsung S4 mini (4.4.2. towelroot-ed, KNOX intact), Galaxy Tab 2 7" (GT-P3110 8GB, JB 4.1.2 rooted - KK Blackhawk Next kernel), Xperia Ray 4.0.4 (rooted, CTCaer v2.8 kernel)
Windows Mobile: Tornado <- LG KS20 <- Benq E72 <- Hurricane <- Amadeus
Legacy: Siemens ME45 <- S35i
If above post was helpful to you, press the "Thanks" button below

Mr.Beak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hi thanks for your replies.
I've perhaps been a tad vague, let me add some more info.

PREVIOUSLY....
when adding a Zebra QL220plus via bluetooth to a Motorola Symbol MC5590 with Windows Mobile 6.* the requirement to enter a PASSCODE never occurred...ever

Now when using
Zebra QL 220plus (as above) via BT to a MC55A0 with Windows Mobile 6.5 the requirment to enter a PASSCODE keeps coming up. Even though authentication on the Zebra printer is disabled

I just cannot figure out whether it's the OS or the mobile unit.

This problem has been passed down to me to resolve even though I was not previously responsible for the setup. So if I come across as inept at any point you now know why

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 238
There could be an option on the device like "require secure connection" or alike - remove that. You find it when setting up the outgoing serial link (or probably other service) towards a certain device. Usually the passcode for pairing indicates such a secure connection afaik. It is then still a matter of the device if such non secure connections would mutually be allowed. Good luck...
Android: Samsung S4 mini (4.4.2. towelroot-ed, KNOX intact), Galaxy Tab 2 7" (GT-P3110 8GB, JB 4.1.2 rooted - KK Blackhawk Next kernel), Xperia Ray 4.0.4 (rooted, CTCaer v2.8 kernel)

Mr.Beak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbbie View Post
There could be an option on the device like "require secure connection" or alike - remove that. You find it when setting up the outgoing serial link (or probably other service) towards a certain device. Usually the passcode for pairing indicates such a secure connection afaik. It is then still a matter of the device if such non secure connections would mutually be allowed. Good luck...
Hi Tobbbie,
I'm guessing when you refer to 'device' you are talking about the printer. I can confirm that the Bluetooth settings on the printer are as:
Authentication = off
Encryption = off
there are no other options available from the printers main display that would have anything to do with security.

As to the MC55A Handheld I cannot find anything to disable with regards to authentication/encryption/passcodes etc. I did come across something about registry editing but I would really like to avoid that option if at all possible; although if that turns out to be my ONLY option.....

Thanks
Jake

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 238
No, with device I meant the handheld. So it seems you have no choice but to contact the handheld vendor. Mind that the handheld has to support the printer profile (BPP, I think) to succesfully connect to the printer via BT.
I cannot give any further advice here, sorry + good luck :)