Q. Why isent this ROM themed?
A. I am not a themer and dont plan on becoming on for a while. Themes are for the theme section. I make ROMS. Sorry everyone.
Q. Can I flash this on Verizon/ATT/TMobile ect...?
A. This is a Sprint only ROM. We will begin supporting other devices soon when we get more developers.
Q. Can I buy you a beer?
A. Yes. Yes you can. Click donate to me on the right of this post
<------ <------ <----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. How do I use the WiFi Tether app?
A. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Wifi Tether App
2. Press Menu
3. Press Settings
4. Choose "Change Device-Profile"
5. Choose "Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE)"
6. Press Back twice to return to inital app screen
7. Press the huge WiFi Signal icon
8. Allow Superuser Permissions
9. Start Tethering
Q. Is there 4G LTE on this ROM? (Yes people ask that)
A. Yes there is 4G LTE on this ROM. It is based off of STOCK Sprint LG8 file.
Q. Where can I find the removed apps?
A. No apps were removed. Read the thread again. It says "REMOVABLE" which means some apps were moved to /data so that when you see them in the app manager, they have the "uninstall" button next to them.
Q. How do I change the carrier label?
A. Like this:
There are four entries/references to the brand name in the file. FreeGS3 is what you are looking for (to edit).
I recommend root explorer or similar if you are doing on your phone. Or a good text editor if on pc (Notepad plus, etc)
1. Go to root folder data/eri.xml long press on it and, if using root explorer, click on edit.
2. When file opens up, move towards the bottom of the file, there are FOUR references to FreeGS3, and one of them has exclamation points too.
3. Find and edit these reference points as you see fit.
4. Exit and save the xml file. Or overwrite it if you used a fancy computer....
5. Reboot, check your work.
I would like to introduce Aroma Installer for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3. FreeGS3 is the first ROM to implement it.
This is a unique installer that runs right out of CMW.
Original forum for Aroma Installer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1461712
**Please do not copy/use/borrow my work on the Aroma Installer without my permission. It literally took me a complete day to create. Im writing this FAQ while 30 hours awake as well haha**
Now to the fun stuff:
1. Download the ROM like normal (Size is 870+ MB. This is normal due to the nature of the Aroma Installer)
2. Flash ROM using favorite Recovery (Compatible with both CMW and TWRP (CONFIRMED))
3. Aroma Installer begins. When the installer starts it has built in touch wether your recovery supports it or not.
4. Welcome screen is showed and lists the version and date of build. Click next.
5. You are supplied with 1 installation option:
-Custom Install: This option allows you to change your kernel, change your modem, select a different launcher, disable/enable MODS, and select the applications you want preinstalled with the ROM.
6. The last screen before installing is the changelog screen. You can see what was changed directly from the installer
Once you choose your install procedure just follow the onscreen steps.
The features that i implemented into the installer are the following:
-Change your Modem on the Go. If you dont want to flash a modem simply dont choose a modem and hit next.
-LF9, LG2, LEN, LG8.
-Disable enable MODS such as:
-Toggle Am/PM in status bar clock (Will remove AM/PM from status bar)
-Disbale Enable home button lag hack (To enable and disable double tap for Svoice as well)
-Camera Shutter sound (Choose whether you want the camera shutter sound on or off)
-Awesome Beats V3 (Choose wether you want to install Awesome Beats or not)
-Flash a custom kernel (At the moment we dont have any custom kernels but when we do they will be added to the installer.
I am adding features to the installer all the time and dont plan on stopping. Expect future updates to contain: camera mods, bootanimations, themes(Yes Themes), keyboards ect.
This will revolutionize how you flash a ROM and how the user Customizes the ROM.
- Clicking back to go to the kernel menu will cause the installer to freeze so chose what u want first or you have to pull battery and start the installer again haha.
If you have any problems with this ROM and this Aroma Install please reply in THIS thread. This isent perfect yet. There are still bugs and there are still features to be added. As always, this is just the beggining.
Aroma Installer features:
~Use Volume Keys for Camera Shutter
~Home button lag hack
~Camera shutter sound
~Change Input Notification
~TouchWiz MOD 5x6
~TouchWiz MOD ENABLED WALLPAPER SCROLLING LAUNCHER
-GOOGLE OPEN SIGNAL MAPS
~ADOBE FLASH PLAYER
I present UpdateMe.
This application is similar to the Aroma installer but it runs in the ROM.
The application has a bunch of core features. Here are some pulled right out of the original thread:
What makes this application?
Check for new rom available (works)
Show list of kernel which can be downloaded, download it and reboot to recovery (works)
Show list of plugin which can be downloaded, download it and reboot to recovery (works)
Show list of themes which can be downloaded, download it and reboot to recovery (works)
Check md5 for download file (works)
Check new rom on startup (works)
check new rom every hours (works)
Create your custom tab with name and icon
HOW TO ALLOW UPDATEME TO FLASH .ZIP AUTOMATICALLY FROM RECOVERY:
Ok. As the first post says you should have TWRP installed.
Step 1: Open UpdateMe application
Step 2: Hit Settings
Step 3: Scroll down until you see "Reboot type" under "Recovery"
Step 4: Hit "Reboot type"
Step 5: Choose OpenRecoveryScript
Now you should be able to choose "Reboot and Install" after a file is downloaded and it will reboot to TWRP recovery and install for you
I have made this a two man leverage. Aroma installer handles installing kernels, Apps, Launchers, and MODS (For Now).
UpdateMe handles installing Bootanimations, Themes, Battery Icons, Sounds, ECT.
So in the end, this helps lower the size of the ROM zip, give the user easy access to change the Interface (Without having to completely reinstall the ROM to open Aroma Installer), and make my job eisier