Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V8.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery + MORE [ATT]

Tip us?

Uss_Defiant
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I've got a bell SGS3, does this increment the flash counter?

ratatouille
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uss_Defiant View Post
I've got a bell SGS3, does this increment the flash counter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by appdroid View Post
Does this trigger flash counter?
YES

wbounds
Old
(Last edited by wbounds; 3rd July 2012 at 03:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Tripped bianary counter. But made a nandroid to sd card and pc easy. Please can anyone out there help with the reset of the counter. It really bugs me! Thanks.....AT&T

Uss_Defiant
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
YES
No need to caps, there's a method to flash/root without increasing the counter. It would be cool if this implemented that method.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

ak789
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
No need to caps, there's a method to flash/root without increasing the counter. It would be cool if this implemented that method.

Agreed....but keep up the good work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13634

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by appdroid View Post
Does this trigger flash counter?
For a Recognised Contributor you should know better than to ask a question that was answered just 2 posts above yours lol. Tut Tut

Mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13634

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Actually there is a need for the caps when you are the 3rd person to ask exactly the same question withing the space of 5 posts..

The method of rooting without increasing the flash counter involves flashing a complete Rom that has root injected into it. That may be fine if you have a brand new phone and havent set it up yet but not much good if you have set up your apps/screens and then decide you want to root. I may decide to add this method into the root options in the future but not right now.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ratatouille
Old
(Last edited by ratatouille; 3rd July 2012 at 11:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Thank ou for understanding the caps, I did not want to be rude by the way, but as you stated, reading a little will never do any wrong. I intented rooting my Roger's S3, but my baseband is I747MVLLE8. I know some other members succeeded in rooting, but which "insecure kernel" is safe to choose. I tried to ask in the thread yesterday, but so far no one answered.

Sorry for repeati g and using some thread space.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13634

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
Thank ou for understanding the caps, I did not want to be rude by the way, but as you stated, reading a little will never do any wrong. I intented rooting my Roger's S3, but my baseband is I747MVLLE8. I know some other members succeeded in rooting, but which "insecure kernel" is safe to choose. I tried to ask in the thread yesterday, but so far no one answered.

Sorry for repeati g and using some thread space.
What is your model number in the settings, About device screen?

From what I understand the Canadian models are exactly the same as the Tmobile models so that is the option you should choose. As soon as I can get a boot image from the Canadian models I can add support to the ToolKit.

If you wanted to help then you could root using option 4 in the rooting section which will flash cwm recovery and install superuser via recovery. Then you could do a nand backup and send me the untouched boot image which is included with a nand backup. This method will definitely work for rooting as the compiled CWM Recovery from Team Epic has proven to work on all Snapdragon variants

Totally upto you though.

Mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ratatouille
Old
(Last edited by ratatouille; 3rd July 2012 at 01:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Will do so as soon as I am back from work. I747M is my model number. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

I was wondering if it was normal. I finally rooted. Option 4 as you said. I now get a white spot everywhere i touch the screen an com.gapps forces closes every minute.

http://db.tt/cyvGAlWB

Here is my boot.img
Would be awesome if you could fix the white dots

By the way, I thought it was rooted but after following all steps, I found out that SU was not installed...

Hopefully it isn't f****d up. (No offense with the language please)