Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Not receiving 2.3.6 OTA update on 100% stock

OP triplexkush

3rd July 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag St. Louis, USA
Thanks Meter: 32

49 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello all. I checked and no one has posted this yet so here it is. I am 100% stock on 2.3.5. I installed it through KIES so I am sure it's full stock. And it's been quite a while and I am not receiving the 2.3.6 update OTA. I don't know why. Do I have to download something? I don't know. Please help me out and thanks very much!
3rd July 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 124

1,207 posts
what did you install through kies ? do you mean Odin ? if so what tar file did you use ? did you use sammobile.com tar ? what ROM you were on previously ? did you wipe throughly before flashing stock?
3rd July 2012, 06:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag Garapan
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
More
Mine as well. I've received my Skyrocket already in 2.3.5 but somehow, I want to update it to 2.3.6 but whenever I check the Software update, is says that my current software is up to date. Any help please?
3rd July 2012, 01:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 58

392 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastelicious

Mine as well. I've received my Skyrocket already in 2.3.5 but somehow, I want to update it to 2.3.6 but whenever I check the Software update, is says that my current software is up to date. Any help please?

What happens is that samsung clntinues to pull the updates. It has beem the third time it happens. When i had my phone 100% stock i updated mine from 2.3.5
to 2.3.6 and I went online to a forum to see what had changed. Many people were complaining about it especially me. Believe me they took away stuff rather then fixing it, for example wallpaper scroll. In conclusion 2 days later people were posting" I can't get the update" "what update" it is mainly because Samsung and att pull them out. Your phones are good don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexkush

Hello all. I checked and no one has posted this yet so here it is. I am 100% stock on 2.3.5. I installed it through KIES so I am sure it's full stock. And it's been quite a while and I am not receiving the 2.3.6 update OTA. I don't know why. Do I have to download something? I don't know. Please help me out and thanks very much!

Samsung Galaxy s2 Nuclear Rocket - Embryo 3.2 [UCLE2 BASE]
iPhone 4S - Gave it away, not cool enough
iPhone 3GS - Went for a Swim

Dog - Custom Rom [Golden Retriever] [BEAR2 BASE]
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionMax09 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2012, 02:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag St. Louis, USA
Thanks Meter: 32

49 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahanddeem

what did you install through kies ? do you mean Odin ? if so what tar file did you use ? did you use sammobile.com tar ? what ROM you were on previously ? did you wipe throughly before flashing stock?

If you use the firmware upgrade and initialization option, KIES downloads and flashes stock firmware to your device.
3rd July 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 124

1,207 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexkush

If you use the firmware upgrade and initialization option, KIES downloads and flashes stock firmware to your device.

I don't trust kies a penny...if you wanna go back to stock just download the stoch tar from sammobile.com and flash it with Odin
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread