Originally Posted by tthaz777
Go to settings > wireless and network > mobile networks
See whether "use packet data" has been checked
Open "access point names". There should be T-Mobile US APN. If not, menu > reset to default
Thanks for the advice. I tried all of that (use packet data already on and APN was T-Mobile US) and still had the same issue.
I called T-Mobile support and they eventually ended up changing my data plan to get it to work. I think the old one was only good for WINMO/RIM devices. They switched me over to the same data plan my wife has (same price but specifically for Android) and about 20 minutes later it started working.
My wife and I both upgraded our phones yesterday to the Blaze. While I was going from an HD2, she was going from the MyTouch 3G so hers was fine right off the bat.
I would've probably noticed the issue much earlier in the day but I knew I would be downloading a crapload of stuff so I've had my phone on wifi the whole time. It wasn't until I got everything setup and switched to data that I noticed the problem.