Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Horrible battery life after 2.3.6

Tip us?

dmnall
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgadets View Post
what are the chances this problem will still exist in the offical ics release? i've been holding off in rooting and rom-ing. just wondering if i'm wasting my time waiting for the official ics release.
I would recommend just get it done and over with and Root/Flash a custom Firmware, trust me you are better off than waiting for ics. Plus a Touchwiz ics = crap..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdm View Post
I'm sure there is going to be a lot of problems with the official release, as always. It's gonna be a mess.
As for ATT's updates yes I will agree and even looking at some of the leaks were horrible as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbunn View Post
SHOstock2!!!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Shostock2 is a good rom, however, Touchwiz sucks! I prefer stock android, my vote is AOKP! I get better battery life with aokp than I did with SHOStock2 *2.1 was the last version*. Plus see my opinion about TW..

Cheers,
Charlie

ricktat
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Grave Digger!!!!

Zombiethread!!!!!

DIE DIE DIE!!!!

Can I use ROM Manager on my SG2?

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2046
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktat View Post
Grave Digger!!!!

Zombiethread!!!!!

DIE DIE DIE!!!!

Can I use ROM Manager on my SG2?
Lol I wanna mention the only reason I'm responding to this is because I lol'd at the unnecessary 3 DIES.
Yes u can use Rom Manager with your sgs2. But ONLY if yer on cm9 or AOKP roms. Anything else, no.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]

Skv012a
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I'm on 2.3.4 stock w/ stock CWMed 2.6.35.7 kernel and its THE best battery life I've gotten compared to ALL custom roms and kernels, period.

I use my sammy as a tablet, so occasional half hour of a game or checking some online apps, wifi being off in between, and so far I've 27:50:xx up time w/ 39% battery left. It loses if 1% overnight in pretty much standby w/ everything power-draining off.
Oh, what's this? A blog? Wanna click? Click it! Do it!!
Nokia E6 to do WERK, Galaxy S2 to fool around.

randybarrett
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bad ICS battery life, worse than GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymong View Post
Ok, I installed 2.3.6 from AT&T and my bettery life has tanked.

Batter Usage shows the Android OS at 93%!!!

Not using my phone, it is dead in about 7 hours.

Kernel Version

Build Number
GINGERBREAD.UCKK6

I am not rooted and dont want to root.

HELP!
I just upgraded the firmware on my i777 and the battery life is a bunch worse. I used to get through to at least to lunch with only using twenty to twenty five percent, now I just let it sit for a couple of hours and it just magically drains. If given a choice, don't upgrade.

Eternalty
Old
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybarrett View Post
I just upgraded the firmware on my i777 and the battery life is a bunch worse. I used to get through to at least to lunch with only using twenty to twenty five percent, now I just let it sit for a couple of hours and it just magically drains. If given a choice, don't upgrade.
Way to necro this thread that's 2 months old...dude we've known this for months and you would have known that if u searched

Sent from my SGH-i777 using XDA

DIXZ06
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Never an issue with 2.3.6! Maybe I am doing something wrong.

va540area
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeon962 View Post
I read a possible solution on another forum and tried it with my SGS2 today and am amazed at the difference today in my battery life.

Worth a shot as it does not require anything more than charging your phone and pulling the battery.

Charge your phone to 100% with the phone off (hold the power button for 3 seconds or so until the menu comes up and select power off). When you reach 100%, unplug the charger and remove your battery (some said keep the battery removed for 90 seconds while others said 3-5 minutes). I left my battery out for 5 minutes or so. Put the battery back in and power on.

That was it. My Android OS went back to normal and the battery life today has been great if not better then with 2.3.6 than before I updated.

Screen grab of my current battery use after trying this method this morning is attached.
did this continue to work for you? or was it more of a one time thing? i have tryed a lot of diffrent things and i dont see how this simple action would fix the problem for good. im still on 2.3.6, thinking about rooting to JELLYBEAN 4, i have read so many reviews were people coming off gingerbread get DOUBLE battery life with jelly bean!

Miami_Son
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by va540area View Post
did this continue to work for you? or was it more of a one time thing? i have tryed a lot of diffrent things and i dont see how this simple action would fix the problem for good. im still on 2.3.6, thinking about rooting to JELLYBEAN 4, i have read so many reviews were people coming off gingerbread get DOUBLE battery life with jelly bean!
Not likely to get an answer from a 7+ month old thread you've raised from the dead.
Google Nexus 7 32gb Wifi
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy SII (sold)
Samsung Captivate (traded in)
HTC Tilt 2 (on bedroom duty)
LG Incite (long gone)
RAZR V3 (my 1st net-enabled phone)
"Well miami has a point..." - Leezrd
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miami_Son For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ramizs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone I suggest using Shostock3 v2.5.1 with Jeboo Kernal 2.1

I suggest using Shostock3 v2.5.1 with Jeboo Kernal 2.1
With this combo you can use an app called "2nd Core" to shut off second cpu core and work on one, which saves a lot of battery. Really happy with battery life by doing this and you don't feel much performance lacking, unless you play heavy graphics games