Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The "all-in-one-location" XDA Skyrocket General Info/Root Method/Kernel/ROM Thread!

Tip us?

moises1204
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default my sgs2 skyrokect keeps on goig to download mode

can anyone help please? my sgs2 skyrokect when i try to reboot it goes to download mode, i try installing different roms but it keeps on doing the same thing, i have try GB stock rom, ics roms and no luck, an other thing too is that none of my computers recognize the phone ether, it would charge but it will not mount the sdcard?

r3dp0is0n2012
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Odin [how to] from k0nane needs to be updated with the official tar files from Sammobile. As the ones currently posted in his op will trigger flash counter!
Please if you are concerned about your flash counter being trigger do not use the files he provides, go to sammobile website register and search for i727 download the files for skyrocket and the tar.md5 file flash it with Odin that is the only proven way to not trigger counter.
Hope k0nane will update this some day......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

r3dp0is0n2012
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moises1204 View Post
can anyone help please? my sgs2 skyrokect when i try to reboot it goes to download mode, i try installing different roms but it keeps on doing the same thing, i have try GB stock rom, ics roms and no luck, an other thing too is that none of my computers recognize the phone ether, it would charge but it will not mount the sdcard?
What happened before this happening? Was the device working fine? What did you do to cause this?
More detail please.

Zonen
Old
Thanks Meter 17
So I have read the entire forum and feel mixed review on if this is.safe for someone who just got a sky rocket. My android version is 2.3.6 i727ucla3. Is this a safe method?

Snow02
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hmm. This is definitely incrementing the counter as noted. Also, I didn't check auto-reboot and the flash completed successfully, but the phone would only reboot into the boatloader claiming there was a firmware update error. Should letting it reboot automatically make a difference?

I'm no stranger to Odin. Just found this odd and didn't see a similar error reported in the thread. I reflashed twice already.

mikerowes69
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I learned the hard way what Odin will do. I hard bricked my phone. No lights, nothing after using Odin to go back to 2.3.5 stock. I used pit section and PDA. Should had only used PDA however I never seen any instructions on sammobile. During the Odin restore I noticed the progress was not moving after 20 mins so I pulled the plug and battery. Life was gone from phone. It had been 3 months since I used Odin for the skyrocket so I thought I would use my memory. Nope I was wrong. Find the do's and don'ts for Odin flashing skyrocket. However got a replacement next day. So now I stick to DD commands unless it is for recovery so I can flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerowes69 View Post
I learned the hard way what Odin will do. I hard bricked my phone. No lights, nothing after using Odin to go back to 2.3.5 stock. I used pit section and PDA. Should had only used PDA however I never seen any instructions on sammobile. During the Odin restore I noticed the progress was not moving after 20 mins so I pulled the plug and battery. Life was gone from phone. It had been 3 months since I used Odin for the skyrocket so I thought I would use my memory. Nope I was wrong. Find the do's and don'ts for Odin flashing skyrocket. However got a replacement next day. So now I stick to DD commands unless it is for recovery so I can flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Using the sammobile tar is the same as any odin tar. Place tar in pda, make sure only reboot is checked, phone is recognized in the com port, press start.

toothpick5
Old
(Last edited by toothpick5; 28th June 2012 at 04:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
WOW this thread needs to be updated!!! Or un-sticky! The information is WAY old! Any newer collections of ROMS/Kernels out there?

EDIT: NEVERMIND! Here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1573218

But still... mods should unstick this thread IMO... the other one has all the current info. PPL could brick their phones using this ancient info!

CZ Eddie
Old
Thanks Meter 888

DONATE TO ME
Original poster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSaiyanone View Post
Last edited by InSaiyanone; 5th February 2012 at 01:00 PM.
This is why some people should never have their threads stickied.
They never stick around and update their fancy threads.

One of the most important threads in this forum subsection and it hasn't been updated in over five months.
TMO Galaxy Note 3 on ATT unlimited data plan

• bri315317's Dynamic Kat 4.4.2 ROM
  • imoseyon's LeanKernel

• Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire

**** Check out my how-to DIY kickstand case!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52585717
**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth Audio working in AOSP ROM's!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440

super-6-1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hey, i flashed this kernal on my phone and now it does nothing at all, wont come on, wont even say its charging or anything... anyone know a fix?
R.I.P Nexus 4. May the phone gods show you a new way.

Phone: Nexus 5
Rom:Paranoid Android
Kernel: Franco Kernel
Case:Tech 21 Flip cover

Android enthusiastic

Tags
i727, kernel, rom, root, skyrocket