{PRO} Model Number Re-branding for MK16a

Search This thread

ameer1234567890

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2012
Thulhaadhoo
ameer.io
Most custom ROMs for Xperia Pro are done based on the MK16i variant. To be true, there isn't any difference or any issues in that, only some of us (like myself, who are interested in the minute details) owning an MK16a would like the branding to be so, in custom ROMs as well. Here is a flashable zip which will basically mod build.prop file to change all instances of MK16i to MK16a. Thus, your MK16a device will say so even after flashing a custom ROM.

Installation Instructions
1. Download and copy zip file to SD card
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Choose install zip from SD card, select zip and flash .
4. Reboot!

Attachments

• build.prop_modder.zip
    187.6 KB · Views: 645
Reactions: rnatos and battora

nosedive

Most custom ROMs for Xperia Pro are done based on the MK16i variant. To be true, there isn't any difference or any issues in that, only some of us (like myself, who are interested in the minute details) owning an MK16a would like the branding to be so, in custom ROMs as well. Here is a flashable zip which will basically mod build.prop file to change all instances of MK16i to MK16a. Thus, your MK16a device will say so even after flashing a custom ROM.

2. Reboot into recovery
4. Reboot!

very nice one
definitly a must for MK16a owners
thank you

A

apsanchezs

ameer1234567890

I have installed the app but I do not see any change: settings>about phone>status>model number>xperia pro. I thought that instead of xperia pro was going to say "xperia pro MK16a.

Regards,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. Reboot into recovery
    4. Reboot!