5,604,050 Members 48,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I want Gingerbread ROM what should i do??

Tip us?

Mehaboobmunna
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Camera [Q] I want Gingerbread ROM what should i do??

I just installed xrecovery on my X10 mini using a .apk given by a member from this site.....

i'd subscribed to the forum from the xda app on my mobile but somehow i cant find post now...

i want to use Gingerbread ROM on my mobile.. what should i do???? what's the procedure.. i'd like the camera to work the same way its working now, (The main reason why i bought this little ninja)

ajay1602
Old
Thanks Meter 14
1. ROOT YOUR PHONE
2.UNLOCK BOOTLOADER from here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1254225
3.FLASH NaA KERNEL from here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1256739
4.FLASH ROM, mini cm7 by naA-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1068553 OR any other gingerbread rom from development section you can look there
The Following User Says Thank You to ajay1602 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SmG67
Old
Thanks Meter 820
If you want stock like camera i suppose ArcMini would be a better choice, it's still based on MiniCM7/GB2.3.7, but with Sony Ercsson apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to SmG67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mehaboobmunna
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay1602 View Post
1. ROOT YOUR PHONE
2.UNLOCK BOOTLOADER from here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1254225
Thank you for those quick replies. After posting this question i've read some other posts. And I came across a post where its mentioned that Unlocking bootloader may Hard brick the phone. ( That'd be murder in my words.)
That post was for x10mini pro. Is it applicable for x10 mini too?

Sent from my E10i using xda app-developers app

SmG67
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehaboobmunna View Post
Thank you for those quick replies. After posting this question i've read some other posts. And I came across a post where its mentioned that Unlocking bootloader may Hard brick the phone. ( That'd be murder in my words.)

Yes, although it's very rare to actually hard-brick it.
If your phone is built before 11w29 (take off the back-cover and read the sticker), actually hard-bricking it is unlikely.
The only thing you have to worry about then is the simlock-certificate, if S1Tool says it's unrecognised it's going to be difficult, if it's SEMC simlock certificate, you should be ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmG67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajay1602
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:

Its not that difficult... and hard brick chances are rare,if you follow instructions carefully.i'm also noob but i follow all the instructions and i'm successful in unlocking it...

Sent from my E10i using xda premium

Mehaboobmunna
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It says 11W06 on the sticker of my cell phone. Does that mean there are no chances of bricking?

SmG67
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
It says 11W06 on the sticker of my cell phone. Does that mean there are no chances of bricking?

You can still brick it, but in the vast majority of cases, restoring to stock rom and relocking the bootloader will get you going again, which are things you can do yourself
The Following User Says Thank You to SmG67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mehaboobmunna
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I can use SIM provided by any network. My phone doesn't have any restriction. So that should prevent certificate issue right?

Can't stop loving X10mini

SmG67
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
I can use SIM provided by any network. My phone doesn't have any restriction. So that should prevent certificate issue right?

Can't stop loving X10mini
Yes, you should be ok. just make sure you check if you still have network-access after unlocking the bootloader, by booting up before doing anything else. If you get a signal, you can do whatever you please

Tags
gingerbread rom on x10 mini, update x10 mini, x10 mini gingerbread procedure