Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[SKN] Customizing the Windows Taskbar [UPDATE-26/10/2008]

OP FInixNOver

27th October 2008, 05:49 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 0

191 posts
Can someone do me a favor... I love different icons coming from 2 chefs...
I have problem signing and unsigning files...

please help me to replace the window icons
Thanks a million!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Darklords_new.zip - [Click for QR Code] (350.5 KB, 490 views)
27th October 2008, 07:15 PM   |  #52  

170 posts
To all and FInixNOver.

I think I need to give a warning. I strongly advise NOT to touch the notify.dll and notify.dll.0409.mui which FInixNOver stated is responsible for the bell/notify icon. I believe it is windows native icon. I tried to change it to a more colorful one and ended up crashing the phone VERY BADLY. So bad that it attempted to boot up itself and failed for like 10 times and finally it gave up and told me (yes, there's a black screen with words) that I have done something wrong and it had to erase the ROM and reinstall everything again. It didn't manage to reinstall "everything". TF3D was gone and it just gave me the Today screen with virtually nothing (no program, can't go to settings, can't sync, no network detectable even with sim card in). VERY LUCKILY, it didn't attempt to erase the internal harddrive and I happened to have a cooked ROM .nbh file there. So, I had no choice but to flash the phone from the internal harddrive. If I hadn't the .nbh file on the phone, my phone would be something close to a brick.

Yes, yes, I know I should be prepared for such kind of disaster. I just write this down to remind myself :) as I believe I almost bricked the phone.
Last edited by bbju; 28th October 2008 at 04:29 AM.
29th October 2008, 10:48 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 26

240 posts
More
I've installed your files, but the only icon which doesn't change is the bluetooth icon. Why ?

Also I made a cab file of your files. See attachement. Don't know it it works, because I haven't tested it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord69

Finally... after a few hours playing with those dll files, I have done with some minor changes to those icons. Attached please find teh latest screen shots of my task bar

I did some changes with the Activesync icon in which it with swirl like as the one on your desktop when you connect your device to your pc. I have done some changes to the battery metre in which looks nicer with gradient colors. I prefer the original outlook since it looks more like a metre to me

Also please find the dlls that I'm using and hope you people like them

P.S. my start icon is also attached since many of you have been asking for it... Cheers!

Last edited by MRE-net; 1st October 2010 at 01:44 PM.
29th October 2008, 12:12 PM   |  #54  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 3

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRE-net

I've installed your files, but the only icon which doesn't change is the bluetooth icon. Why ?

Also I made a cab file of your files. See attachement. Don't know it it works, because I haven't tested it myself.

Hi MRE-net, that's because the BT related icons can't changed in those dll files. They're not .ico files but bmp files inside your /windows folder of your device.

To change them, simple copy the BMP files you got to your /windows folder to replace the old ones will do. I have attahced my BT related bmp files for anyone who are interested to try

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BT related BMPs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.9 KB, 590 views)
29th October 2008, 01:03 PM   |  #55  

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evimerca

Hi M@ssi, wonderful taskbar compliments....Is possible to have it for an italian rom?
Thankyou

Thanks.

Here they are.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Colored Top Bar ITA Call.cab - [Click for QR Code] (848.3 KB, 1565 views)
File Type: cab Colored Top Bar ITA ST.cab - [Click for QR Code] (840.2 KB, 1706 views)
29th October 2008, 04:12 PM   |  #56  
Flag Pinhal Novo
Thanks Meter: 10

244 posts
More
i finally manage to solve the signing issue so, here is the file for the Portuguese Rom for TMN with the lastest massi959 icons (thanks for the work).
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCVolumeControl.zip - [Click for QR Code] (30.6 KB, 123 views)
29th October 2008, 04:56 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 26

240 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGenius

WOW can you tell me how to do that to my taskbar?

there is so much stuff on this thread i dont know where to start!!

that looks amazing! thanks for your advice and well dont on that customization, it looks perfect!!!

Ok I've created a cab which includes the 4 .dll files and the 4 .bmp files for the bluetooth icons. Can you install this and tell me whether it works or not ?

See attachment. Credits to darklord69

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!! I WON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY !!!!
Last edited by MRE-net; 1st October 2010 at 01:44 PM.
29th October 2008, 05:12 PM   |  #58  
Flag Korolev
Thanks Meter: 430

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi! Has painted icons of the big top bar. Unfortunately it was possible to paint only available icons, instead of to replace
On insertions for Russia it is checked up, all works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	post-200304-1225233877_thumb.png
Views:	1027
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	125735   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-200304-1225233883_thumb.png
Views:	728
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	125736   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-200304-1225233888_thumb.png
Views:	700
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	125737  
Attached Files
File Type: cab orkorolev_LargeTitleBar.cab - [Click for QR Code] (52.5 KB, 419 views)
File Type: zip LargeTitleBar.dll.0419.zip - [Click for QR Code] (46.6 KB, 236 views)
Last edited by orkorolev; 29th October 2008 at 06:36 PM.
29th October 2008, 10:10 PM   |  #59  

107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orkorolev

Hi! Has painted icons of the big top bar. Unfortunately it was possible to paint only available icons, instead of to replace
On insertions for Russia it is checked up, all works.

Great work.

I've only translate your file in my language, italian, editing with Reshacker the String Table n. 1.

This is the result.

Attached Files
File Type: zip LargeTitleBar.dll.0410.zip - [Click for QR Code] (46.6 KB, 155 views)
30th October 2008, 05:21 AM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 1

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus

Which did you use?

Here are my HTCVolumeControl.dll & phcanoverbmp.dll.

This is my current Taskbar.

Attached Files
File Type: zip HTCVolumeControl.zip - [Click for QR Code] (30.9 KB, 433 views)
File Type: zip Battery Icon.zip - [Click for QR Code] (121.1 KB, 692 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
icon, taskbar
Previous Thread Next Thread