Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM]InsertCoin 6.0.0 Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 EPIC ROM | 3.33.401.6

OP baadnewz

4th July 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #6511  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
I just upgrade to Insertcoin 6.0.0, and i can find some immidiate changes from my old version "InsertCoin_ICS_STABLE_5.2.0" i had installed

First its like the stock version feel, its doesnt have the tweaks that it had for example the percentage tag on the battery bar that used to tell me my battery was 38% now its just a little block of green.

another thing i found is i have the visual graphics back before i had set it to basic to just load the pages now it merges back into it when entering passcode and closing pages.

also i get this anoying red line around the screen all the time. when i load pages or go through settings it freezes a bit and has a thick red line going around not sure what its about, will try rebooting again to see if it removes.

Is there a way to get tweaks programs back to get it back to the way it was.

Also wifi button is missing from settings i have to go to another page to set up wifi to connect to my router, that i will find a nuisance since i use it alot all the other buttons are there but no wifi button.
4th July 2012, 11:25 PM   |  #6512  
Thanks Meter: 17

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbb1

I just upgrade to Insertcoin 6.0.0, and i can find some immidiate changes from my old version "InsertCoin_ICS_STABLE_5.2.0" i had installed

First its like the stock version feel, its doesnt have the tweaks that it had for example the percentage tag on the battery bar that used to tell me my battery was 38% now its just a little block of green.

another thing i found is i have the visual graphics back before i had set it to basic to just load the pages now it merges back into it when entering passcode and closing pages.

also i get this anoying red line around the screen all the time. when i load pages or go through settings it freezes a bit and has a thick red line going around not sure what its about, will try rebooting again to see if it removes.

Also wifi button is missing from settings i have to go to another page to set up wifi to connect to my router, that i will find a nuisance since i use it alot all the other buttons are there but no wifi button.

In other words this version sucks. I said the same thing in the previous page and was quickly flamed by the dev saying I was "demanding" things.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
4th July 2012, 11:52 PM   |  #6513  
Thanks Meter: 99

928 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosslabs

In other words this version sucks. I said the same thing in the previous page and was quickly flamed by the dev saying I was "demanding" things.

I don't think you should be rude anyways, won't help. Like many others... Just use another rom! I did as well. This Dev has the One X and is mainly over there now, no point in using a barely supported rom
5th July 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #6514  
Thanks Meter: 6

27 posts
What everyone seems to fail to understand is that for the past year, baad has provided nearly daily ROM updates for 4 different versions to keep our old phones on the cutting edge of Android. My count could be wrong, but I have over 160 roms on my computer from baad that I have installed.

He is like family as far as I'm concerned.

I had a few problems with nearly every update but if you look back through the thread I doubt you can find one negative thing I said to him.

Baad, I appreciate everything you have done for my phone and myself.

I wish all the haters would just GTFO. Go by a new phone, switch roms, start deving your own ****. Simply die.

I wish I could get a one X, I just won't until development stops for the sensation, or it breaks. Till then I'll keep sporting my insert con.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to retro1010 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #6515  
Forum Moderator
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 8,273

8,122 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

1. dont dissrespect devs
2. baad no longer has a sensation so please tell me how on earth he is supposed to test things, this is, I assume, why this is an optimized stock version without stuff ported.
3. no doubt you will reply to number 2 by saying he could send files to users to test - well here is my answer to that, end users are extremely bad at providing detailed bug reports, usually rom devs just get crap like "this is broke, u fix this now". we dont often get logcats, even though it is often the best way to debug problems and I have seen every major rom developer ask users for logcats at least once and guess what happens, we dont get them. Its hard enough to debug stuff when the dev cant emulate the problem on his/her own phone but its even worse when you dont even have the phone anymore.
4. baad has been with the sensation community for a long time, but everyone gets a new phone eventually and most just stop devving for the old phone straight away, has baad done that? no, so its extremely ungratefull and rude to post that the rom is sh*t and other troll posts, you got a problem, use a different rom, simple.

On behalf of the insertcoin users who want a nice clean thread, I think i will be reporting any more flaming posts to the moderators who will hopefully bring a fire extinguisher along because I forgot mine
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #6516  
Flag Istanbul City
Thanks Meter: 140

129 posts
Donate to Me
More
Baad youre the best developer at sensation forum. We all saw your roms success. So don't give a **** this idiots. Haters gonna hate
The Following User Says Thank You to gokberks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #6517  
Thanks Meter: 16

82 posts
More
Anyone try Google Now on an Insert Coin ROM?
5th July 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #6518  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 3

113 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro1010

What everyone seems to fail to understand is that for the past year, baad has provided nearly daily ROM updates for 4 different versions to keep our old phones on the cutting edge of Android. My count could be wrong, but I have over 160 roms on my computer from baad that I have installed.

He is like family as far as I'm concerned.

I had a few problems with nearly every update but if you look back through the thread I doubt you can find one negative thing I said to him.

Baad, I appreciate everything you have done for my phone and myself.

I wish all the haters would just GTFO. Go by a new phone, switch roms, start deving your own ****. Simply die.

I wish I could get a one X, I just won't until development stops for the sensation, or it breaks. Till then I'll keep sporting my insert con.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app

Ditto over and over!!!
5th July 2012, 06:47 AM   |  #6519  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 49

345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbb1

Quote:

Read read read, insertcoin 6.0.0 comes without any visual change!

all those tweaks and wifi icon in quick settings tabs came from EQS mod/leedroid tweak and other mod, and it's not updated to new 3.33 base. If you want it so badly, port it by urself!

Can you imagine baad should port all those mods without a phone?

Even he can, then you guys will be whining about the bug that he can't re-create because once again, he did not have the phone....

Holy cr*p....
Please think before you complain or posting here...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theooo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2012, 09:59 AM   |  #6520  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag In a Dark Basement.HELP!
Thanks Meter: 27,509

10,056 posts
Donate to Me
More
well it seems that are to sides

side 1 people who blame and bitch:
for this side i can only tell this. I have provided changelog and specified there that this rom will NOT have APM / EQS / Tweaks app and the rest. if you ddn't read that or didn't understood is not my problem.
so by no reason i made unfounded claims about this rom
Also for those demanding. I am under no obligation to fulfill your wishes. You don't like what i offer go ahead and change rom, or even better make your own rom. prove us how good and talented you are.

side 2.
people who take my side. I appreciate this a lot, believe me, but please don't send side 1 to death, worst case scenario you would be the one getting infractions, i wouldn't want you to suffer because of me. Just ignore them or tell them nicely
and again. thank you for your support.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to baadnewz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.3, android 4.0.3, best ice cream sandwich rom, can't believe it's not butter, ic > arhd, ice cream sandwich 4.0, insertcoin, insertcoin.. what else, most valuable rom, sensation best rom, sense 3.6
Previous Thread Next Thread