FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Has anyone gotten wifi tether to work on the leaked Droid 4 ICS builds?

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 46
 
By jy3ng4, Senior Member on 25th May 2012, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th July 2012, 08:54 PM |#11  
zPacKRat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 295
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddeath

Hey i know this thread is probably dead, but i'm using the .213 leak and i can't get and of the hot spot apps to work.
Thank You in advance

Using the sql lite editor process worked fine for me.
 
 
4th July 2012, 09:21 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Try Foxfi. Posting this from a tethered device on my D4.
5th July 2012, 02:57 AM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by podspi

Try Foxfi. Posting this from a tethered device on my D4.

Tried foxfi already and it didn't work. Also tried open garden and versions 3.1-12/13/14, 3.2-1 of the wifi tether app. I'm afraid of any side affects that might come from using the Verizon hot spot app. /:

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddeath

Tried foxfi already and it didn't work. Also tried open garden and versions 3.1-12/13/14, 3.2-1 of the wifi tether app. I'm afraid of any side affects that might come from using the Verizon hot spot app. /:

Got foxfi to work by restarting. Lol
Thanks again
5th July 2012, 02:25 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Glad it worked! I wonder what Foxfi does (without root, even) that Wifi tether doesn't...
5th July 2012, 08:07 PM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Wired and BT tether work flawlessly.
Wifi is blocked by verizon because i don't pay for it.
8th July 2012, 09:35 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anybody know whereI can find an ICS download that's still online? They're all gone!
9th July 2012, 03:36 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra2

Anybody know whereI can find an ICS download that's still online? They're all gone!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1701313
10th July 2012, 04:26 PM |#18  
jwagman1's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddeath

Hey i know this thread is probably dead, but i'm using the .213 leak and i can't get and of the hot spot apps to work.
Thank You in advance

are you rooted?

did you try foxfi?
11th July 2012, 08:59 PM |#19  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I was able to change entitlement_check and now mobile hotspot can be activated, and other devices can connect to the Droid 4, but internet is not shared to this devices. On the previous phones I have to change APN type to "default,dun,supl" in order to enable internet sharing, but I was not able to do this for Droid 4. Any ideas how to fix that?
11th July 2012, 09:26 PM |#20  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 241
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdvo

I was able to change entitlement_check and now mobile hotspot can be activated, and other devices can connect to the Droid 4, but internet is not shared to this devices. On the previous phones I have to change APN type to "default,dun,supl" in order to enable internet sharing, but I was not able to do this for Droid 4. Any ideas how to fix that?

You can't add dun anymore to the profiles on the ICS leak, please view my thread in order to navigate through SQLite Editor to add a dun entry to a new APN:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...69&postcount=2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danifunker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 08:44 AM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Works great! Thank you!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes