7. reboot
  8. let phone sit for approximately 10 minutes
  9. reboot
  10. enjoy!
downloads-4.png

You can find the latest release here

Flash gapps

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Roman
Donate to Jonathan Grigg
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.

Last edited:

Whitehawkx

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
Milestone 6 Hercules Specific Changes
- Shows up to 4 signal bars now (Thanks to David Ferguson)
- Noise suppression option in phone settings (enable for better in-call quality)
- Enabled Samsung STK for sending MMS (I have no issues sending mms over wifi)
- OC up to 1.8ghz (adjust in RC > performance settings; check apply at boot)
- Probably more... will update as I remember :p
Updated 0709
- Fixed lag
- Added NFC files back
- Enabled Skia font rendering (nicer)
- Under-the-hood stuff that most won't understand
Updated 0714
- Fix for notifications resetting headphone music volume to 0
- Updated RC icons by kwes1020
- Under-the-hood stuff
Updated 0715
- Updated kernel based off latest I717 source
- OC/UV removed for now
- HDMI should be working
- Updated camera libs
- hopefully volume bug fixed for real
- added stupid data tweaks to shut everyone up
- Burst mode array flipped to be inline with other options
- Swagpapers from original M6 added back (two additional wallpapers)

STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW AND THINK ABOUT

1. This rom does not have wifi-calling and never will! If you want wifi-calling, go enjoy a touchwiz rom (notice my ambivalence? :D )

2. The SGS2 is NOT in any way, shape or form a tablet. So stop trying to make it one or you will suffer random FCs and other issues.
Translation - DONT CHANGE YOUR DPI TO SOMETHING RIDICULOUS LIKE 160.

3. Flashing roms is not rocket science. Rule of thumb is wipe cache,dalvik-cache,system and flash. If you don't have issues awesome, if you do then you NEED TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL. This has been the rule since the beginning of time and creation. It will apply to EVERY PHONE YOU OWN FROM HERE UNTIL ETERNITY SO GET USE TO IT.

4. Why am I typing in caps? CAUSE I'M YELLING AT EVERYONE THIS APPLIES TO! <3 <3 <3

Last edited:

snguyen0730

Nov 29, 2010
Hopefully this thread wont have the how do I flash? I have echo because I dirty flash, and should I wipe posts.

Thanks for all that you do

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SIV

dayzesrs

Jan 22, 2011
Will the dark side venom kernel work with this?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

YoungJediCote

Sep 2, 2010
I have an odd issue every once in awhile where the touchscreen becomes unusable and I have to hard reboot the phone. All of the hardware buttons work though. Has anyone else had this issue. I'm new to using AOKP. :confused:

bikrame

Jun 10, 2010
New York City
I have an odd issue every once in awhile where the touchscreen becomes unusable and I have to hard reboot the phone. All of the hardware buttons work though. Has anyone else had this issue. I'm new to using AOKP. :confused:

It was old bug. Should be fixed on new version. Which version are you on ?Did you install clean?

YoungJediCote

Sep 2, 2010
It has that problem
Download 703 from here
http://goo.im/devs/Whitehawkx/hercules
Make sure you do clean install. Means wipe everything before you put new one.

Alright, sweet. Thanks man. So, I guess I should continue to use this link for future updates as well. And does it have to be a clean wipe every upgrade or can it be flashed over top after I do this 1 clean wipe?

new ion?

Jan 2, 2012
Victoria, BC
Alright, sweet. Thanks man. So, I guess I should continue to use this link for future updates as well. And does it have to be a clean wipe every upgrade or can it be flashed over top after I do this 1 clean wipe?

A clean wipe is recommended... however, you can try to just install over and wipe caches and see what happens.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

snguyen0730

Nov 29, 2010

Up to you, but if you don't wipe don't complain about bugs

Sent from Samsung Galaxy SIV

YoungJediCote

Sep 2, 2010

It has that problem
Download 703 from here
http://goo.im/devs/Whitehawkx/hercules
Make sure you do clean install. Means wipe everything before you put new one.

Also, does this build have gapps or should I still flash 'gapps-ics-20120429-signed'

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Anyone find any bugs yet?

Nice job.

Only bug I found on the 0703 Build was with regards to viewing videos in the gallery or the camera app. If the video was recorded while using AOKP it played back without issue. I had trouble playing back older videos from previous ROMs. The video would start to load and would keep loading, if I tapped the screen while loading it would start to play, if you don't tap it, it would say video can't play.

It was working kinda funky monkey :laugh:

Other than that no real issues, heard that charging while screen is off was quirky as well, but I just left my phone on and charged. No reboots, no FC, clean, smooth otherwise.

YoungJediCote

Sep 2, 2010
Nooo dont do that and come back complaining this and that. Do full wipe and clean install.

Ill do a full wipe, no worries about that. I was asking when new updates come out If we can just flash over top of the existing install of if we need to do a clean install every time after I do the initial flash.

sbell7105

Jan 16, 2011
Denver
So been running build 40 going to flash the latest build today I notice it says to use latest CWM I have been using TWRP with no problems. Should I switch back to flash 0703 or will TWRP be sufficient?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. flash Darkside Superwipe
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. flash Darkside Cachewipe
    7. reboot
    8. let phone sit for approximately 10 minutes
    9. reboot
    10. enjoy!
    downloads-4.png

You can find the latest release here

Flash gapps

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Milestone 6 Hercules Specific Changes
    - Shows up to 4 signal bars now (Thanks to David Ferguson)
    - Noise suppression option in phone settings (enable for better in-call quality)
    - Enabled Samsung STK for sending MMS (I have no issues sending mms over wifi)
    - OC up to 1.8ghz (adjust in RC > performance settings; check apply at boot)
    - Probably more... will update as I remember :p
    Updated 0709
    - Fixed lag
    - Added NFC files back
    - Enabled Skia font rendering (nicer)
    - Under-the-hood stuff that most won't understand
    Updated 0714
    - Fix for notifications resetting headphone music volume to 0
    - Updated RC icons by kwes1020
    - Under-the-hood stuff
    Updated 0715
    - Updated kernel based off latest I717 source
    - OC/UV removed for now
    - HDMI should be working
    - Updated camera libs
    - hopefully volume bug fixed for real
    - added stupid data tweaks to shut everyone up
    - Burst mode array flipped to be inline with other options
    - Swagpapers from original M6 added back (two additional wallpapers)

STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW AND THINK ABOUT

1. This rom does not have wifi-calling and never will! If you want wifi-calling, go enjoy a touchwiz rom (notice my ambivalence? :D )

2. The SGS2 is NOT in any way, shape or form a tablet. So stop trying to make it one or you will suffer random FCs and other issues.
    Translation - DONT CHANGE YOUR DPI TO SOMETHING RIDICULOUS LIKE 160.

3. Flashing roms is not rocket science. Rule of thumb is wipe cache,dalvik-cache,system and flash. If you don't have issues awesome, if you do then you NEED TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL. This has been the rule since the beginning of time and creation. It will apply to EVERY PHONE YOU OWN FROM HERE UNTIL ETERNITY SO GET USE TO IT.

4. Why am I typing in caps? CAUSE I'M YELLING AT EVERYONE THIS APPLIES TO! <3 <3 <3
    I'm gonna do a new build a little later. Shouldn't require a full wipe if you're coming from the 0705 build. Has a new option in the phone for "noise reduction" which should be checked by default. I just want you guys to play around with it checked and not checked to get an idea of how it works. I believe when it's checked everything is going to be the same as it is now, unchecked might have call echo. Honestly I'm not sure so that's what you guys are going to tell me. ^^

EDIT: Will be a couple hours probably till it's up. I have so much freakin homework to do so trying to wrap most of it up before jumping on android.

Wait till tomorrow and check it your dam self :silly: it should be there tomorrow!

Here is the deal guys, I sent Whitehawkx my SII and had one of my employees pick me up a new one at the t-mobile store using an upgrade. So it was like $250 then we got a $50 mail in rebate.
    So no I did not send him the new one, I sent him my slightly abused one.
    1 scratch, and a few cracks around the plastic edges from the dam unicorn trying to fly :eek: But it works great and has the latest build on it already, so he is rooted and ready to go!

I did this because I know AOKP has kept my guys happy with vibrants and a few sII's, so they bug me less about upgrading. Because of that, AOKP has saved me money and now I'm giving some of it back.

No need to send me anything! But Hitting the Thanks Button is always appreciated
    It would be great if you sent the phone donation offers to AOKP but that's up to you guys!

Here's looking forward to Jellybean!!
    Thank you Whitehawkx, Team Kang, and all at AOKP for all your time effort and hard work! It's appreciated more than you realize!
    And pink Unicorns :silly:
    1Z151W2F4453900333
    should start tracking later today:eek:

Thanks so much Jangst! I'll let you know when I receive it. Since roman more or less handles the Gnex this phone will be priority #1 for me when JB source drops. That's a promise.
    Gonna upload the build I did yesterday. Doesn't seem to be any lag (I did notice a little before, honestly I have no idea why :( ). No MAJOR changes. I added burst back to the cam since it works good on hercules. I also added some under-the-hood stuff to the frameworks that deals with how thumbnails are generated. Seems to be running really nice for me. Oh, and some other minor optimizations - for instance text should render much prettier on this build.

Also, I did notice some lag on games like GTA3. Jangst said that formatting his sdcard fixed the issue for him. I formatted my internal and re-installed GTA3 and had no lag at all. I drove around smashing into thugs, hookers and cops for about 15 minutes without any lag.

Anywho... uploading...

Oh and one last thing. JELLYBEAN SOURCE IS GETTING PUSHED TO AOSP!!! But before you all go slapping your kids and women from excitement, be forewarned it's GOING TO TAKE SOME TIME. Good things come to those who wait. Remember that. <3