Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,383 Members 51,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A Little Explanation and Clarification for CM9

Tip us?

Travisdroidx2
Old
(Last edited by Travisdroidx2; 4th July 2012 at 05:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserChicken View Post
HEY!!! I see what you're trying to do! Quit trying to kang our dev for the Dinc2 community!!!

Language warning! Don't open in front of boss or kids!

http://i.imgur.com/dWZMF.jpg
Lol trying to give the kind man something he deserves a open device that works also the device will get official ics for sure. I think he deserves that ! I am on gnex now so no gain to me and the dinc2 has some awesome devs putting out great work.
I have read his post before about how he is in class trying to figure out how to make the crappy x2 work. I feel he deserves something that works really well and let him focus on other things like school and family.
Love the pic also

Ihatepullups
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Dzk I love you man, you're the best Dev I know, the fact that you take the time to explain not just what's going on, but the various problems in detail is great. Communication from devs is what makes them human, rather than being gods on a pedestal. Thanks. Btw what college do you go to, because if you go to U of I I wanna buy you a beer.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

tallyforeman
Old
Thanks Meter 763
I can't thank you enough for your time and efforts spent with the X2. We really appreciate everything!!!

Mikeyfitz14
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for all the hard work, I've been using CM9 as my daily driver since you released alpha 4. Any of the small glitches are easy to overlook because ICS is sooo sweet. Between this and CM7 you have made my DX2 experience actually enjoyable (not knocking any other devs though). Keep up the good work and don't kill yourself just for us.

Viva La DROID!

flanker1743
Old
Thanks Meter 1
DKZ, you're awesome. Do what you gotta do to stay afloat.

Drunkula
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Though I no longer have my DX2 I will say thank you very much for your contributions. CM7 made life on that device enjoyable.
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Droid RAZR xt912, stock [retired}

754boy
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Well thanks DZK for all that you have done for this community. Seeing as how busy you are with real life, its a miracle that you even have time for us.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom: SlimKat 4.4.2

Kev13131
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Thanks

I gotta say man as a relative newbie to the whole flashing concept, you work has been very much appreciated in making my phone useful again. I've run eclipse 2.2.1 and CM7, and I prefer CM7 simply because of its speed. I don't understand why everyone has so many problems flashing ROMS, you spell it out for us and all we need to do is follow directions lol. And as a Mech Eng student myself, I know exactly what kind of course load you have and I'm amazed you have the time for this kind of serious coding. I have a friend going for his master's in Aero, and he worked on programming and debugging the onboard computer for some kind of Harrier Jet; really cool ****. Should you decide to go that route your android coding skills may be very useful, and I guarantee you'll be making bank haha. Keep it up bro and thanks again.

morphius2036
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I just have one request.....can you make it make coffee? Just saying that would be the most awesome ICS build in the world.

So how soon and none of that Decaf **** either.

Good luck in school and this is the shiznit even with the FC's and reboots

Sent from my DX2 P.O.S using xda premium

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 425
DZK, even though I no longer have an X2 that is on the VZW network, I still pop in to see what updates you have. As I have felt, the X2 hardware has definitely limited what we as a user community can get and what you as part of the dev community can do. In any case, it would be interesting to know if the limitations you are running into could be solved with an unlocked bootloader or if it truly is a hardware/architecture issue of the phone itself?

In any case, I commend you on your commitment to this phone. I myself have moved on to a RAZR (even though I vowed NEVER to purchase another Moto product, this was too good to pass up - free) and I've been pretty darned pleased with it, both on GB and ICS.

Keep up the great work! We all appreciate it, even those of us who no longer use our X2s.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast