Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What features would you like to see in the next XDark ICS update?
New themes 31 30.69%
More xperia S features 69 68.32%
More sony apps and widgets 36 35.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

[Rom] XDark ICS v2 Final {GSM} (4.0.3 ICS)

OP xdarkmario

6th July 2012, 03:25 PM   |  #281  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 185

504 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario

Yea works great with a little overclock

Beamed from my R800x using Xda Premium

Well they can't really release a update expecting every customer to overclock his/her phone

Also aren't like half of the games from the Xperia Play catalog force closing in ICS?

That's why we have custom roms. Everyone that would attempt and OC would also install a custom rom, so in the end, nothing is lost

Keep up the good work, cheers!

EDIT: Also, Kieran good luck with the CM9 patch/fix!
The Following User Says Thank You to igor_anta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #282  
Thanks Meter: 90

513 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiranFTW

Sony canceled ICS not just because of touch pad compatibility but because of small RAM which made games stutter badly and there would be legal issues too.
Edit: I'd also like to say today I am working on hacking CM9 framework and injecting Sony input touch pad method.

you know that is a load of BS right? There is no legal issues. That's like saying I can sue when my PC no longer plays newer games at higher fps.

Our fps issues would be no different than what arc, ray currently have. Don't see any lawsuits there.

It was 100% a game pad issue, lazy bad devs on their part, end of story. Or a desire to kill the xplay.

At this point you should clearly see there is no longer a defense for them.

I'm not Sony bashing but it is what it is
Last edited by swebosdev; 6th July 2012 at 04:03 PM.
6th July 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #283  
Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 2,728

2,639 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebosdev

you know that is a load of BS right? There is no legal issues. That's like saying I can sue when my PC no longer plays newer games at higher fps.

Our fps issues would be no different than what arc, ray currently have. Don't see any lawsuits there.

It was 100% a game pad issue, lazy bad devs on their part, end of story. Or a desire to kill the xplay.

At this point you should clearly see there is no longer a defense for them.

I'm not Sony bashing but it is what it is

If they released ICS for the play, as an official update, they would get shot down for the issues on it.
Lazy devs? They updated 13 devices
The Following User Says Thank You to KeiranFTW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2012, 04:27 PM   |  #284  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 313

1,134 posts
More
well Sony had big plans for the play but it did not sell as much as they plan so now they are trying to ERASE IT by trying to EOL it but they can't due to it being unfair to those who already brought it. So that why there is still games with Xperia play support seeing that's its the only dedicated gaming phone.
Well this is all just a theory anyway

6th July 2012, 04:27 PM   |  #285  
Thanks Meter: 90

513 posts
granted.

But here is the problem.

I using this unofficial rom and kernel and I dont have a single issue with it. Every single thing works, its smooth, fast and I get high fps like in gb with no oc.

With that being said, with 1 guy maybe spending a few days making it, his 0.1 release is better than anything the sony devs could produce in the 8 months they claimed that they worked on it.

Honestly, what does that tell you?
6th July 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #286  
Flag CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
Thanks Meter: 178

850 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebosdev

granted.

But here is the problem.

I using this unofficial rom and kernel and I dont have a single issue with it. Every single thing works, its smooth, fast and I get high fps like in gb with no oc.

With that being said, with 1 guy maybe spending a few days making it, his 0.1 release is better than anything the sony devs could produce in the 8 months they claimed that they worked on it.

Honestly, what does that tell you?

that sony should not sell cell phones especially when they all look/do the same sh!t. you know something you devs should also take their(sony) wives and finish the job with them aswell! lmfao
6th July 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #287  
Thanks Meter: 10

46 posts
More
Amazing Rom, but could you add the Sound>Sound FX setting into Settings?? As I am sure many people would like to use equalizer apps. I think this is what is causing the crashing issue with the walkman player's equaliser as well.
7th July 2012, 12:12 AM   |  #288  
Thanks Meter: 212

530 posts
More
I'm surprised that this thread is not pined since this rom got EVERYTHING working ! really there's still some other members trying other roms and complaining about them (or am I overestimating this rom? no video-playback/wifi/data problems ?)
7th July 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #289  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 234

461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkmario

Hey people!

This is my first Sony Ericsson ice cream sandwich rom. And the purpose of this rom was because I was tired of downloading hundreds of roms for my xperia play and all of them having some kind of pros and cons, like one would look really nice and fast but not have any touchpad support and vice versa.

So far i have tested mostly everything and found no errors, My phone is a R800x and therefore I can't test 3G/service so test it for me and tell me how it goes!

Here's a small list of key features i can think of off the top of my head

*Features*
-AROMA INSTALLER!
-fast
-WORKING WIFI! (tested with DooMKernel ICS BETA v03)
-FULL TOUCHPAD SUPPORT!
-based off stock Sony ICS/GB launcher
-xLOUD included
-MIUI music player
-new Sony wigets and live wallpapers
-Fully rooted
-removed blotware
-Screen Snapshot (hold power+Vol down)
-link2SD
-and much more!!

Download for My rom!
http://www.4shared.com/get/R2AMMyYY/...eria-Play.html
OR
http://www.mediafire.com/?tdkxfnhkgogslf0

You can grab DoomLords DooMKernel ICS BETA from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1573184

Wlakman+Sony music widget provided by wolfy1664
http://www.mediafire.com/?w8ex6htqjchc2fi

UPDATE ON THE WAY! (XDark ICS v0.2)!

I have heard the request of most of you guys, And i will try my best to add them. I am working on the rom now. As soon as I get my hands on another laptop I'll release the update. thank you all for your support and feedback!

hey pall look at the bold ,this is mine ,not wolfy1664 ,that's my files and my mod and it's on my mediafire account
7th July 2012, 03:48 AM   |  #290  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 313

1,134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4lkm4n

hey pall look at the bold ,this is mine ,not wolfy1664 ,that's my files and my mod and it's on my mediafire account

Oh OK sorry for improper credit. He just sent me the link

The Following User Says Thank You to xdarkmario For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread