i think my girl found a massive tango bug and for those people without changeable battery its VERY anoying, so beware to reproduce this with your device if you dont have a changeable battery!
The problem is, the complete UI hang up...you cant do anything after you follow these steps:
- open internet explorer
- go to settings and set it to desktopversion
- browse to www.bild.de (a very popular "news" site/paper in germany)
- scroll a bit over the site
now there are 2 possibilities
- all pictures start to show
- scroll around
- when it hangs, just wait a bit and it will hang completly up
- some picture do not show up
- go to "news" section and open one news (you have to wait, it does not react instantly)
- just let the news load a bit and go back through "back" button of your device to www.bild.de
- let it load and scroll a bit around and the ie will hung up...
If you are fast enough you can "rescue" your device by fast clicking the windows button, the ie crashes and your device is still on the run and you can rerun the ie...all is fine (if you dont browse to this site again, whats not the worst idea but maybe some other sites are affected, too)
Interestingly not the whole system crashes because its still booked in the mobile network, wifi (you can call the number and it will ring on your side, but the hanging system shows or do nothing on incoming call, you can ping the device and so on) and the "display timeouts" work probably...
First i thought the lumia 800 of my girl is just defective but i can reproduce this on my omnia 7, both are on tango (7.10.8773.98) and both had never this problem under any mango release. I found no way instead of using "mobile" site to prevent this problem.
Anyone aware of this bug or can confirm this?
Lumias with build in battery (lumia 800/900) can be resettet by pressing volume, power und camera buttons for ~10 secs, thanks surur for this hint
samsung and htc devices just need 10 sek press on the power button
wpcentral reproduced the crash with the focus 2