Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Display on phone Sleep of Death

Tip us?

wafflebroski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The screen never turned on.. it just went into download mode and i was able to see from ODIN that it was recognized. So i ODIN'd back to stock rom, i heard the phone reboot, but still no display.

Like before the phone's screen is 100% responsive, i can unlock the phone, hear the usb plugging in noise, just no display. It just blows my mind because the screen works but its not on.. I am very confused

FaultException
Old
(Last edited by FaultException; 7th July 2012 at 11:30 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2000

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflebroski View Post
The screen never turned on.. it just went into download mode and i was able to see from ODIN that it was recognized. So i ODIN'd back to stock rom, i heard the phone reboot, but still no display.

Like before the phone's screen is 100% responsive, i can unlock the phone, hear the usb plugging in noise, just no display. It just blows my mind because the screen works but its not on.. I am very confused
That's not good. Your phone might be done for then. I once repartitioned with no partition files and still download mode worked on a fresh battery pull.

Maybe try leaving the battery out for a while and see if it fixes itself, since it seems to be an electronics problem, maybe something needs time to reset or something.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
CyanogenMod for the Vibrant:
Google+ | Issue Tracker (Nightly) | Issue Tracker (Stable) | 911 Info
Want to contribute to CM? Upload to Gerrit

My devices:
Google Galaxy Nexus, Stock 4.2.2, CWM6 Touch
Samsung Vibrant, CyanogenMod 10
HP TouchPad, CyanogenMod 10
LG Optimus T (retired), CyanogenMod 7

wafflebroski
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yea I've had the battery out for over 30 mins and nothing. I even opened up my phone last night to check all the ribbon wires and connections, everything looked fine and i removed the motherboard & replugged everything in.. still no luck

it's a good thing my contract is up I think I am going to get the samsung galaxy s 3..

RIP vibrant best phone i ever had, I'm surprised it lasted this long with all the mods I had done to it haha