Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrading and New Phone One Stop Shop and discussion

Tip us?
 
BubZX
Old
#931  
BubZX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 745
Join Date: Jul 2011
Just picked a 16gig GS3 at Wal-Mart for $148. Wow this thing is super fast and smooth!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
 
jbadboy2007
Old
#932  
jbadboy2007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 248
Posts: 1,884
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lansing MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubZX View Post
Just picked a 16gig GS3 at Wal-Mart for $148. Wow this thing is super fast and smooth!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Ain't it. I love this thing. It's a really nice device with a lot of refinements and the radio is pretty good to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
 
BubZX
Old
#933  
BubZX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 745
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbadboy2007 View Post
Ain't it. I love this thing. It's a really nice device with a lot of refinements and the radio is pretty good to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Here's a screening of a speed test. My epic never got even close at the same spot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341678814071.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1183065  
 
stir fry a lot
Old
#934  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 158
Posts: 1,214
Join Date: Feb 2009
Is the call signal stronger than it was on the Epic?



 
dohturdima
Old
#935  
dohturdima's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 676
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
Is the call signal stronger than it was on the Epic?
Read reports that radio is indeed improved on the S3
 
xjayman
Old
(Last edited by xjayman; 8th July 2012 at 03:10 AM.) Reason: spelling
#936  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 276
Join Date: Sep 2010
Sprint is offering 100 american express card with phones for new line of service. Tried to get it on an upgrade but no dice. I did find it funny that sprint sells almost all versions of iphones with a preowned option, thats allot of iphone assholes jumping ship it would appear.
 
hayzooos
Old
#937  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 490
Posts: 1,979
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbadboy2007 View Post
Because the we are accessing internal storage on these phones there is no USB mass storage mode so there is mtp its the way windows mounts the storage to transfer files as a portable device. It's really not that bad just new.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Thanked . So I'm assuming it's still pretty easy to transfer files from a PC to your phone through a USB cable? I don't care if it's different, I just hope I can still plug my phone into my laptop and move files!
 
KennyG123
Old
#938  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25925
Posts: 27,831
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Right behind you!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohturdima View Post
Read reports that radio is indeed improved on the S3
It is! I know longer need my Airave in my house! It is definitely a bar or two better for me!

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
 
jbadboy2007
Old
#939  
jbadboy2007's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 248
Posts: 1,884
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lansing MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayzooos View Post
Thanked . So I'm assuming it's still pretty easy to transfer files from a PC to your phone through a USB cable? I don't care if it's different, I just hope I can still plug my phone into my laptop and move files!
Yes it's easy. I had to install kies first for the driver then you can uninstall it evolte is the same way as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to jbadboy2007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hayzooos
Old
#940  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 490
Posts: 1,979
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbadboy2007 View Post
Yes it's easy. I had to install kies first for the driver then you can uninstall it evolte is the same way as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
Sweet, my phone should be here Tuesday!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes