XYBoard Official FastBoot Files

Search This thread

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Okay Guys Here we have some official Fastboot Files for the Droid Xyboard 8.2 MZ609 & DROID XYBOARD 10.1 MZ617
Links
Droid Xyboard 8.2 MZ609
12.7.279.MZ609.Verizon.en.US
MD5 sum: 630f87dea69a41e9dc8c477f3346f140

DROID XYBOARD 10.1 MZ617
11.7.279.M​Z617.Verizon.en.US
MD5 sum: 542f911d641c559c22b22060401652b7

download and extract This to the same folder as the fastboot files for an easy one-click flash for windows PCs

Password for zipper are
mod2xtreme.com

also thanks to wes_s for grabing the 10.1 files before the 404 happened, and sharing them with me!
These files were originally from mod2xtreme.com
i am hosting them simply because their site is returning a 404 when trying to download the MZ617

Last edited:

yosterwp

May 29, 2012
/mnt/sdcard
It's nice to see this! It may be worth noting that it isn't necessary to put the fastboot files in the fastboot directory if a person already has fastboot in their environment path.

Great work keeping the files available!

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
It's nice to see this! It may be worth noting that it isn't necessary to put the fastboot files in the fastboot directory if a person already has fastboot in their environment path.

Great work keeping the files available!

True, however if one has the knowledge to place fastboot in their path, then they probably don't need a one-click method

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yosterwp

May 29, 2012
/mnt/sdcard
True, however if one has the knowledge to place fastboot in their path, then they probably don't need a one-click method

I was just looking out for the people who knew how to place fastboot in their path and still needed a one-click method :silly:

Anyways, didn't notice the one click part. Great work for that too!

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
I was just looking out for the people who knew how to place fastboot in their path and still needed a one-click method :silly:

Anyways, didn't notice the one click part. Great work for that too!

Thanks, that's my first official windows .bat.
I've made a plethora of Linux scripts...but first .bat

jarondbrown

Jul 8, 2012
These files are password protected and I cannot extract them. Could you please post password. Thanks.

jarondbrown

Jul 8, 2012
Thanks a bunch:) I really needed this.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Sorry I forgot about that, OP updated
And its
mod2xtreme.com

Could you please post instructions on how to flash this using rsd lite. My xyboard is bricked and I'm trying to flash it via fastboot mode. When I try to decompress and flash the file I get this error message:

Error!!!!!
Failed to create allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
Please check if the file path is too long to create or if there is enough free disk space.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Thanks a bunch:) I really needed this.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Could you please post instructions on how to flash this using rsd lite. My xyboard is bricked and I'm trying to flash it via fastboot mode. When I try to decompress and flash the file I get this error message:

Error!!!!!
Failed to create allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
Please check if the file path is too long to create or if there is enough free disk space.

Sounds like a bad download if you get that error when trying to decompress.
Check md5,
For RDS connect tablet to USB , have tablet if fastboot mode, (see my one click .bat file download from OP for info on how to boot into fast boot protocol )
Open RDS lite ensure RDS sees device, click the "..." point to the location of the zip for fastboot files, click decompress and flash.
If all goes without error device is reboot a few times the will be greeted with the startup screen

jarondbrown

Jul 8, 2012
Sounds like a bad download if you get that error when trying to decompress.
Check md5,
For RDS connect tablet to USB , have tablet if fastboot mode, (see my one click .bat file download from OP for info on how to boot into fast boot protocol )
Open RDS lite ensure RDS sees device, click the "..." point to the location of the zip for fastboot files, click decompress and flash.
If all goes without error device is reboot a few times the will be greeted with the startup screen

Update...

I got it.:D I just had to extract the files to a different folder. Thanks again for all of the help:)

mikeymike75

Jul 18, 2012
Nothing is working

Glad to hear it!

Ok. I have the xyboard running 3.2.2, MZ617. I have tried all methods mentioned prior. I used the one click method with no errors as well as the RSD flash method with no errors. Only problem is that I still do not have ICS! After using RSD, my system was wiped clean, root access was even gone, and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Update...I sat back and logically thought about the process. I am new to this so I came to the assumption that the fastboot files would help the update load. I ran the update again, and it went. ICS is now up and running.

Last edited:

mikeymike75

Jul 18, 2012
Can't gain root again!!!

Ok. I have the xyboard running 3.2.2, MZ617. I have tried all methods mentioned prior. I used the one click method with no errors as well as the RSD flash method with no errors. Only problem is that I still do not have ICS! After using RSD, my system was wiped clean, root access was even gone, and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Update...I sat back and logically thought about the process. I am new to this so I came to the assumption that the fastboot files would help the update load. I ran the update again, and it went. ICS is now up and running.

So I screwed around with the build.prop file and get stuck in a bootloop. I used the fastboot files to restore system. Now I cannot get a root program to succeed. I have tried four different root programs and they all give me an error that the data/data cannot be found. I started exploring with ADB and I actually pulled the new build.prop to see if I could edit something that would open it. I can push it back to the sdcard, but that is it. I get 'permission denied' if I try to do anything within the shell. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
So I screwed around with the build.prop file and get stuck in a bootloop. I used the fastboot files to restore system. Now I cannot get a root program to succeed. I have tried four different root programs and they all give me an error that the data/data cannot be found. I started exploring with ADB and I actually pulled the new build.prop to see if I could edit something that would open it. I can push it back to the sdcard, but that is it. I get 'permission denied' if I try to do anything within the shell. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Wipe cache, and re attempt the root method for honeycomb

mikeymike75

Jul 18, 2012
Wipe cache, and re attempt the root method for honeycomb

Thanks for the fast reply. I did that through recovery and still no go. I get an error 'cannot copy to data/xyz permission denied'. I am using the XYZ root method which worked before on this tablet. It is like everything is on lockdown. When I first ran the fastboot files to upgrade to ICS, I never lost root permissions.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Thanks for the fast reply. I did that through recovery and still no go. I get an error 'cannot copy to data/xyz permission denied'. I am using the XYZ root method which worked before on this tablet. It is like everything is on lockdown. When I first ran the fastboot files to upgrade to ICS, I never lost root permissions.

Are you on ICS or hc?

mikeymike75

Jul 18, 2012
I am back on hc. I was on ICS until I had to recover with fast boot.

Sent from my XT862 using xda app-developers app

mikeymike75

Jul 18, 2012
Any thoughts on how to get around this? I have tried many things to gain access with no luck. My next idea is to see if I can trick the system into thinking it has an external storage. If I can do this I will try to apply update through recovery. Any thoughts?

Sent from my MZ617 using xda app-developers app

rdtshaw

Jan 24, 2011
Monterey, CA
Edit: I booted to recovery and wiped cache and data. Booted up!! Thanks again!

First off, thanks so much for posting these files!

I'm having an issue getting it to load for me though. I bought a 8.2 4G off ebay with the ICS leak already installed. It was having some major issues with going to sleep, partial wakelocks etc and so I wanted to fastboot it back to HC and verify the hardware. I put all the files in a directory in the root of c and ran the bat, but I get some errors about file not found. so I then just manually ran the following fastboot commands without error:

fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash mbmloader mbmloader.bin
fastboot flash mbm mbm.bin
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img

After that a reboot goes to the android screen with the turning gears and a progress bar. that goes off and reboots to boot animation and gets stuck there. Does it look like I'm missing anything? Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

WorldOfJohnboy

Mar 23, 2011
Syracuse
Thanks, this saved me! I (like others had mentioned) had to go into recovery and do a wipe of data/cache, but it worked like a charm for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay Guys Here we have some official Fastboot Files for the Droid Xyboard 8.2 MZ609 & DROID XYBOARD 10.1 MZ617
    Links
    Droid Xyboard 8.2 MZ609
    12.7.279.MZ609.Verizon.en.US
    MD5 sum: 630f87dea69a41e9dc8c477f3346f140

DROID XYBOARD 10.1 MZ617
    11.7.279.M​Z617.Verizon.en.US
    MD5 sum: 542f911d641c559c22b22060401652b7

download and extract This to the same folder as the fastboot files for an easy one-click flash for windows PCs

Password for zipper are
    mod2xtreme.com

also thanks to wes_s for grabing the 10.1 files before the 404 happened, and sharing them with me!
    These files were originally from mod2xtreme.com
    i am hosting them simply because their site is returning a 404 when trying to download the MZ617
    Hi I download the above file from OP for MZ617 I was on ICS OTA update and I was trying to unlock my boot loader for some reason now i am stuck in the boot logo it show Big Red M and say Dual Core I can go to Fastboot I can go to Recovery mode also. I did Factory Reset but still I am stuck on same logo I really need help Thank you

wiping cache has fixed some peoples boot loops after restoring their device

I have tried and tried to get this genius one click system to work. i think it is not working because my battery is too low but is not charging enough to reattempt. Obviously it will charge much slower because the screen will not go off but four hours with factory charger should have it up enough to run the fastboot. Do i need the programmers cable from motorola to get rid of the brick? If not, how do i get it to say ok to program in the fastboot mode?

Well there is the problem, depending on how "bricked" it is the following apply.

Really bricked. Stuck at M Your going to need to pull the battery and charge it out side of the tablet.

Kind of bricked. Os boots but loops at animation. Turn off tablet and plug in charger.

The OS is needed to charge the tablet. All be it the whole is dose not need to load. So if it's looping while attempting to do the final boot sequence then it should still charge.
    From a power off state only the minimal core stuff needs to run for the charging modules to load. That said from a power off state the entire OS does not typical load.
    FANTASTIC!!Thank you for your help. In the future...is it uncool to pm? I feel like I should be more patient and stick to the forum. I panicked and bothered you. Btw,you seem to be the foremost authority on Motorola tablets and are very well respected on the net. Great work...be proud.

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

Your fine man.
    Imo the best rule of thumb is to ask your question in the thread it would best pertain to.
    The reason for that is your situation may help others in the future.
    They may have a similar issue and the answer for their problem would be here in the thread.

I'm watch these threads fairly well but if I ever miss a question posted then feel free to pm me and just send me the link to the question then I can help as best as I can for you and any others.

Also be patient, and it never hurts to ask the question before you start experimenting with the unknown and potentially save yourself from the headache you currently are going through.
    Just for other to know,

i tried it for the XYBOARD 10.1 MZ617 and everything went perfectly, no problems whatsoever, wiped in recovery right after, don't know if it was necessary or not, did it anyway. Got some errors at the beggining when it ran the script, but doesn't affect anything.

Also for those who don't know, bootloader is ok to be locked when flashing this.

Thanks runandhide05!!!!!