TEAM WIN RECOVERY PROJECT
v2.X for our Transformers
It is already avaiable for many devices, but not for ours, so I ported it.
In addition, I am the responsable developer and maintainer for this recovery, so if any errors occur, please post them in this thread and I will see what I can do.
WHY did I port this ?
- We do now have a fully functional file manager in the recovery system
- The GooManager app lets you now install .zips directly through the open-recovery scripting system
- You can queue .zips for flashing in recovery, makes installing new roms MUCH easier !
WHICH features do we have after-all ?
- Key Features:
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Default partitions to back up
- Default zip folder location
- Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
- Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps)
- Zip Signature Verification
- Zip md5 Verification (looks for file with zipname.zip.md5)
- Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
- Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
- Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
- Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D's stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
- Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
- Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
- Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
- Home - Main Menu
- Menu - Advanced Menu
- Back - Up a Menu Level
- Search - Select Current Selection
- Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)
- Fully working terminal emulator (with exclusive fixes by me)
- The file manager
- Using internal and external storage mounts
- Backup & restore
- Zip file installing
- Mounting devices
- Everything else ?
WHAT doesn't ?
- OpenRecovery scripting
- You tell me !
A FEW NOTES
- OpenRecovery scripting for GooManager and others does currently *NOT* work, this is because the init.rc is missing a recovery boot flag, because of this the GooManager app fails to pass the correct recovery command to our device. This will be fixed very soon !
- THEMERS, please take a look here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=67
- ??? --- Profit.