Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 42,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

google play store movie download directory

Tip us?
 
bluh5d
Old
#1  
bluh5d's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 62
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: !Cloud Hack!
Default google play store movie download directory

When you download a google play movie. What directory are they downloaded in. I want to try to put it on sd card after that point for more space when offline. Although I know its probably not possible. That is fine. But does anyone know where its downloaded and what format ? Oh yah I know internal phone memory but where.



THanks,
 
bluh5d
Old
#2  
bluh5d's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 62
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: !Cloud Hack!
Ok does anyone at least know the file extension will be ? If you could tell me that I could find the directory . I know it will be at root level
 
bluh5d
Old
#3  
bluh5d's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 62
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: !Cloud Hack!
Ok I finally figured out where it is stored. So I temp unrooted my phone made purchase and then selected download for offline viewing. So in the directory there is a file

application_4jSa8szMNjs.wvm

so i brought my root back to get into that directory then where i was stumped i figured it would be wmv mp4 3gp or whatever with drm protection but no its wvm I have never heard of wvm. so anyways I moved the wvm file to a different directly. Temporarily unrooted my phone . Then went into the google play movie app and it said that the download was missing. so i know I have the proper file. Now my question is does anyone here know anything about a .wvm file ?
The Following User Says Thank You to bluh5d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mistermentality
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 245
Posts: 1,408
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pontypridd
Wvm is a file format used by a program called wave to store engine data. Shouldn't be possible to have it as a video file but you can open the file on a pc using vlc media player and use its view codec menu option to see what codecs are used.

It could be just named .wvm so people can't guess its codec by the file extension but vlc would tell you.

Dave

( http://www.google.com/producer/editi...bigfatuniverse )

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk
 
EBRJR
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 12
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluh5d View Post
Ok I finally figured out where it is stored. So I temp unrooted my phone made purchase and then selected download for offline viewing. So in the directory there is a file

application_4jSa8szMNjs.wvm

so i brought my root back to get into that directory then where i was stumped i figured it would be wmv mp4 3gp or whatever with drm protection but no its wvm I have never heard of wvm. so anyways I moved the wvm file to a different directly. Temporarily unrooted my phone . Then went into the google play movie app and it said that the download was missing. so i know I have the proper file. Now my question is does anyone here know anything about a .wvm file ?
Where is the file stored?

thanks
 
gerizafa
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 52
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Portland
Default wvm

okay, so from what I can tell the file is stored in:

/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.videos/files/Movies/****.wvm

I downloaded the file, and opened it in VLC Media Player and it shows:
- Stream 0
---Type Audio
---Codec: MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3 (mpga)
---Sample rate: 22050 Hz
---Bitrate 80kb/s

I can only think that this is either the audio file and the video file is sitting somewhere else, or that this is the video and audio file and it is encrypted in such a way that it is only recognized as audio.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gerizafa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mistermentality
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 245
Posts: 1,408
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pontypridd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerizafa View Post
okay, so from what I can tell the file is stored in:

/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.videos/files/Movies/****.wvm

I downloaded the file, and opened it in VLC Media Player and it shows:
- Stream 0
---Type Audio
---Codec: MPEG Audio layer 1/2/3 (mpga)
---Sample rate: 22050 Hz
---Bitrate 80kb/s

I can only think that this is either the audio file and the video file is sitting somewhere else, or that this is the video and audio file and it is encrypted in such a way that it is only recognized as audio.
You should be able to tell if it is really just audio by the files size in megabytes.

If it is small it is likely just audio.

Dave

( http://www.google.com/producer/editi...bigfatuniverse )

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk 2
 
jb0ne
Old
(Last edited by jb0ne; 29th November 2012 at 10:20 PM.)
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 429
Join Date: Dec 2011
i was wondering the same thing. Found the movie in the place mentioned, it's called framwork_345345_blahblah.wvm

I can play the opening "20 the century fox" part in any media player then it hangs. However, Gallery can play it fine. I am going to try and move it out and put it in my movies dir and see if gallery sees it .. nope, it will play from that directory if I use Gallery as the player, but the Gallery up doesn't show it as a movie in my movies list. Wonder if I play with the extension...
Edi: nope, even changing the extension to mp4 didn't work. Unless gallery didn't refresh or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to jb0ne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Windiddy
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 143
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Removing Google movie from local storage

Hi...after unticking the pin, the downloaded movie should be removed from my tablet, correct?
With Kind Regards:

Windiddy (DroidDiddy)
 
450Thumper
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windiddy View Post
Hi...after unticking the pin, the downloaded movie should be removed from my tablet, correct?
Yes, the movies are removed.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra - rooted, waiting for CM!
HTC One
Sony Xperia Tablet Z - rooted, CM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes