Originally Posted by ckpv5
I agree to this. Excessive press power button will lead to a hard brick.
That is why I never use power + volume down to go to bootloader, it is quite dangerous because user tend to keep holding the power button until the bootloader screen comes out. When the bootloader screen fail to come out, user keep pressing the power button then it will break the device.
This is my way of going to bootloader:
1) press power button until the three keys flashing and the device shutdown (around 5-7 second)
2) release the power button
3) hold the volume down button
4) the bootloader screen will be up (around 4-5 second after holding the volume button)
Exactly so, I have used many HTC devices : HTC Touch HD, HD2, Desire, Desire HD, Sensation, EVO 3D, ONE X
How to enter Bootloader always :
* Power Off ( Always remember switch off the fast boot mode in Setting/ Power
) Because You will never enters the bootloader to enable fast boot if >>> This will result in you inadvertently long holding the Power and Volume- ( not penetrate the bootloader and can cause damage you device such as OP warning )
* Hold down the Volume - ( Never hold volume +) and press only once Power button ( not hold )
* Continue to hold Volume - when until the bootloader entry
This is architecture expression of me after using multiple device of the HTC, hope it helps get you.
Sorry for my poor english