[4.0+][APP][THEMING][ROOT]FrameworkTool - Theming on the go!

Search This thread

janis605

Apr 3, 2010

gxvesj8i.png

newui.png

This app will make Theming your phone as easy as tapping on a button. The concept is easy:
You tap the MOD you want, and my app will apply it for you. Currently there are about 20 functions, but I am willing to improve the app even more. Now it is your turn! Test it on your device and let me know what you think, if you are not very happy, tell me, if you are, tell me too. This is a communitiy project, so lets see how far we can get and create more hot features as the possibility to use your own backgrounds (Settings as an example) for the system, with just a few taps, and no computer required! This app needs Root! This App can now run on versions below 4.0, BUT it can leed to strange things

Wait! If you download this app, please do write a review here or in the Play Store!

Click here to download from PlayStore, this is recommended

Report bugs and suggestions here, if you would like to, you can also donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TSSBRD6A6FNSC

Last edited:

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Placeholder

Changelog:

Version 49:
- Redesigned: startscreen, workbench and "ANIM SPEEDCHANGER"
- Settings: reset database, (flashable zip will come next update)
- compatibility checker
-Framework Tool will now automatically detect what system backgrounds are possible to apply (images/gardients) , instead of just guessing by the version of android.
[You can check this using the compatibility checker]
-"Info" is now a part of the settings
-layout changes
-rebooting the userspace on HTC and some Sony devices should now work

Version 48:
-new system backgrounds for Jelly Bean 4.2 devices
-new app start animation
-the apply mechanism changed a bit, this may cause the google accounts to "vanish" after applying. This is not my fault, it is a security mechanism by Google

Version 43:
-spelling correction
-your gmail account and security settings should no longer get lost
-uses Split Action Bar
-Stopping the UI from stalling in certain situations
-App will check if BusyBox is installed

Version 42:
-this app should now work on Samsung ROMs, tested on JB leak for i9100
-your gmail account should no longer get lost (if it did)
-App now uses both no compression and zipalign to push the devices perfomance even higher
-switching between modifications, *should* be a bit faster now
-2 applying methods, you can either edit the current framework or edit the stock framework.
-info screen
-2 new app start animations (Unlocker only)

Version 40:
-animation composer for the lockscreen
-updated the unlocker
-downloads now possible on highly customized ROMs
-... much more...

Version 35:
-new UI
-recent apps animations added
-much more...

Version 34:
- unused extentions have been deleted
- updated ad framework
- app is a bit smaller now

Version 24-33:

-mainly copyprotection
-bugfixes
-UI optimisations
-things I don't know anymore

Version 24:
-iOS like app start animation (Unlocker only)
-way faster "Applying"
-new backgrounds (plain black, ...)
-change reboot method used by animation speed changer (HTC only)

Version 22/23:
-Framework Tool will use the old reboot method again, this will speed up the flashing process and should help with compatibility.
-other things. (piracy)

Version 21:
-you can now send me an error report to investigate problems with the application
-Theme changes
-new logging abilities
-if you get sluggish performance, use "SuperSU" instead of "Superuser" (Download from Play Store)
-The application will check for SU and BusyBox now.
(Not finished yet.)

Version 20:
-layout of animations speed changer is now working in landscape
-new animations options(you need to be unlocked)
-other things

Version 19:
-small changes
-contact button

Version 18:
-fix for delete old data dialog showing up after picking an image from the gallery
-for the user irrelevant things

Version 17:
Jelly Bean is now compatible (I hope it does not break ICS! I couldn't test it))
Applying a Theme will now take a bit longer as the system will do a full restart.
Creating a backup zip and exporting Theme to zip-file have both been completly removed, due to unfixable compatibility problems.
"smooth spinner" - option has been remove, it was unfixable to run on different ROMs as expected by the user.
Added a semi transparent background to the app, in order to make text more readable in bright situations.

Beta 11-16:
Statusbar animations (need to be unlocked!)
bug fixes

Beta 10:
added 2 new Task Switch animations
added 2 new Dialog animations
changed language related things
cwm-flashable backups should now stay, even if the database gets updated
other more irrelevant things

Beta 8:
news ticker will now scroll
backups will be also be available for flashing using CWM Recovery (if you want to force a new backup, delete the file:
/system/framework/frameworktool.indicate

Beta 4 - 7:
Too much. Basically new animations speed changer, fixes for GB and UI enhancements

Beta 3:
Added info-screen
removed disorienting ads by a company that pisses me off.
Hope someone will reply so the thread, so won't stay on site 99999 of this forum.
Changed App Theme

Beta 2.1:
Added new blue skinned loading spinner
Added new AppStartup animations (Gingerbread and Jelly Bean)
Ad behaviour changed
------

Beta 2:
Added Backup feature, it will also ask you atomatically for a backup if you update your ROM.
Added Clean Up feature, without it strange things could happen.
App can now run on versions below 4.0, BUT I do not support it!

------
Initial Beta release - Beta 1

Last edited:

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Looking forward to seeing this further developed. Keep it up :)

R4B4ZZ

Sep 7, 2009
Are these all the changes which are included in the flashable zip (so ticking every option would be like flashing the zip), or are there some extra features?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

janis605

Apr 3, 2010
Are these all the changes which are included in the flashable zip (so ticking every option would be like flashing the zip), or are there some extra features?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Basically at the moment it is kind of true. Not really because at most points you can choose and do not have to use the one I would have picked! And remember it is not final, just Beta, so people can test the Way it works.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

mutia

Feb 4, 2011
Jakarta ID
tested on aokp #40
- all animations doesnt work
- after reboot, google account was remove
- cant back to original framework
- spinner not smooth

good job!

Last edited:

Mikros

May 31, 2011
ok, played enough with some of the option. Now, how can i go back to default options?

_Sofos_

Sep 9, 2011
Thessaloniki
All animations seem to work correctly except the spinners, sometimes it gives me the blue ics one but sometimes it shows an ugly Orange box!

Other than that no issues so far, everything seems to be working fine. Nice work.
It Would you be nice If there was an option to change back to your default settings

ParanoidAndroid based on CM9.

" And remember, when nothing goes right.. go left.. "

Last edited:

Obartuckc

May 29, 2009
St. Petersburg, FL
Does this only work on CM9? I'm on CM7 based ROM and when trying to install .apk, it says "problem parsing".

~Sent from my Unlocked, Rooted, Faux 1.45gHz Motorola Atrix 4G~

barome

Sep 5, 2010
Very impressive ! Works great ! I'll added effect to my custom ROM :) But why my google accounts are deleted after install ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

gxvesj8i.png

newui.png

This app will make Theming your phone as easy as tapping on a button. The concept is easy:
    You tap the MOD you want, and my app will apply it for you. Currently there are about 20 functions, but I am willing to improve the app even more. Now it is your turn! Test it on your device and let me know what you think, if you are not very happy, tell me, if you are, tell me too. This is a communitiy project, so lets see how far we can get and create more hot features as the possibility to use your own backgrounds (Settings as an example) for the system, with just a few taps, and no computer required! This app needs Root! This App can now run on versions below 4.0, BUT it can leed to strange things

Wait! If you download this app, please do write a review here or in the Play Store!

Click here to download from PlayStore, this is recommended

Report bugs and suggestions here, if you would like to, you can also donate:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TSSBRD6A6FNSC

Placeholder

Changelog:

Version 49:
    - Redesigned: startscreen, workbench and "ANIM SPEEDCHANGER"
    - Settings: reset database, (flashable zip will come next update)
    - compatibility checker
    -Framework Tool will now automatically detect what system backgrounds are possible to apply (images/gardients) , instead of just guessing by the version of android.
    [You can check this using the compatibility checker]
    -"Info" is now a part of the settings
    -layout changes
    -rebooting the userspace on HTC and some Sony devices should now work

Version 48:
    -new system backgrounds for Jelly Bean 4.2 devices
    -new app start animation
    -the apply mechanism changed a bit, this may cause the google accounts to "vanish" after applying. This is not my fault, it is a security mechanism by Google

Version 43:
    -spelling correction
    -your gmail account and security settings should no longer get lost
    -uses Split Action Bar
    -Stopping the UI from stalling in certain situations
    -App will check if BusyBox is installed

Version 42:
    -this app should now work on Samsung ROMs, tested on JB leak for i9100
    -your gmail account should no longer get lost (if it did)
    -App now uses both no compression and zipalign to push the devices perfomance even higher
    -switching between modifications, *should* be a bit faster now
    -2 applying methods, you can either edit the current framework or edit the stock framework.
    -info screen
    -2 new app start animations (Unlocker only)

Version 40:
    -animation composer for the lockscreen
    -updated the unlocker
    -downloads now possible on highly customized ROMs
    -... much more...

Version 35:
    -new UI
    -recent apps animations added
    -much more...

Version 34:
    - unused extentions have been deleted
    - updated ad framework
    - app is a bit smaller now

Version 24-33:

-mainly copyprotection
    -bugfixes
    -UI optimisations
    -things I don't know anymore

Version 24:
    -iOS like app start animation (Unlocker only)
    -way faster "Applying"
    -new backgrounds (plain black, ...)
    -change reboot method used by animation speed changer (HTC only)

Version 22/23:
    -Framework Tool will use the old reboot method again, this will speed up the flashing process and should help with compatibility.
    -other things. (piracy)

Version 21:
    -you can now send me an error report to investigate problems with the application
    -Theme changes
    -new logging abilities
    -if you get sluggish performance, use "SuperSU" instead of "Superuser" (Download from Play Store)
    -The application will check for SU and BusyBox now.
    (Not finished yet.)

Version 20:
    -layout of animations speed changer is now working in landscape
    -new animations options(you need to be unlocked)
    -other things

Version 19:
    -small changes
    -contact button

Version 18:
    -fix for delete old data dialog showing up after picking an image from the gallery
    -for the user irrelevant things

Version 17:
    Jelly Bean is now compatible (I hope it does not break ICS! I couldn't test it))
    Applying a Theme will now take a bit longer as the system will do a full restart.
    Creating a backup zip and exporting Theme to zip-file have both been completly removed, due to unfixable compatibility problems.
    "smooth spinner" - option has been remove, it was unfixable to run on different ROMs as expected by the user.
    Added a semi transparent background to the app, in order to make text more readable in bright situations.

Beta 11-16:
    Statusbar animations (need to be unlocked!)
    bug fixes

Beta 10:
    added 2 new Task Switch animations
    added 2 new Dialog animations
    changed language related things
    cwm-flashable backups should now stay, even if the database gets updated
    other more irrelevant things

Beta 8:
    news ticker will now scroll
    backups will be also be available for flashing using CWM Recovery (if you want to force a new backup, delete the file:
    /system/framework/frameworktool.indicate

Beta 4 - 7:
    Too much. Basically new animations speed changer, fixes for GB and UI enhancements

Beta 3:
    Added info-screen
    removed disorienting ads by a company that pisses me off.
    Hope someone will reply so the thread, so won't stay on site 99999 of this forum.
    Changed App Theme

Beta 2.1:
    Added new blue skinned loading spinner
    Added new AppStartup animations (Gingerbread and Jelly Bean)
    Ad behaviour changed
    ------

Beta 2:
    Added Backup feature, it will also ask you atomatically for a backup if you update your ROM.
    Added Clean Up feature, without it strange things could happen.
    App can now run on versions below 4.0, BUT I do not support it!

------
    Initial Beta release - Beta 1
    You can now download Beta 2.1:

-It changes the ads behaviour
    -Adds new app startup animations
    -Changes the way the "blue spinner" looks

Other news:
    I found the definite problem with previous app builds and the random "su-shell" behaviour, it was JavaScript beeing executed in the WebView.
    Ok, here is a little update on my progress:

The whole day, I tried to find out, why my app began to execute su-commands only randomly. And it turns out, that if I add another Activity, to the app, this akward behaviour returns. This means, the app will stay "one-activity" only. This is bad for me, and will lead to long loading times and "App not responding"-Notifications sometimes.

The good thing about this is, that I don't have to rewrite everything. :laugh:

EDIT:
    Expect Beta 2 to be available tomorrow!
    tested on aokp #40
    - all animations doesnt work
    - after reboot, google account was remove
    - cant back to original framework
    - spinner not smooth

good job!
    Give me a download link to your ROM, or just framework-res.apk, and I am sure I will fix it. I am working on a Backup feature, but it will take at least 1 hour until, I am done with it. Anyhow, please don't use sarcasm and be nice, a "beta" is supposed to be nowhere near a final product.

ok, played enough with some of the option. Now, how can i go back to default options?
    Stay tuned! If everything goes as expected you will be able to restore from the app itself. But first of all, you will need to reflash your ROM. I thought people would create an backup on their own first.

sometimes it gives me the blue ics one but sometimes it shows an ugly Orange box!
    I am sure this is due to ParanoidAndroid and its akward dpi-usage. But it should be possible to fix it.

But why my google accounts are deleted after install ?
    Ehm, I guess it is some kind of security mechanism by google. It seems to happen only on some ROMs. For me as an example on CM9, it is not happening.

very nice app
    can u make another app like this but for status bar and notification bar
    The SystemUI.apk is too different from one phone/rom to another, so it is not on my ToDo-List.

Check the video and you'll see an orange box while loading.
    http://db.tt/5YEYds8a

Any clue which png's are these into res/ folder? I want to manually replace them.

I am sure it is because your ROM normally uses the resources which are not used by the modded xmls. But this is something that can be done.

NOW MY QUESTION:
    An update for the app which adds a backup functionality first, or a bigger one, that will also patch the "orange boxes" as an example together with the backup. The 2nd will require more time. ??