Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Deep sleep

OP balintmaci

28th April 2012, 02:08 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunavarsány
Thanks Meter: 189

1,642 posts
More
so this means it doesnt process calls messages anything during deep sleep like you said before

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
8th July 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #22  
Flag Grayson
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Storage wake intertupt
Has anyone found the interrupt handler for external input that wakes from Deep Sleep or the jump vector for basic IO interrupt handler. Also any have contact for custom prom dev for modifying the values if the jump table for this can be accessed?

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Additionally, has anyone attempted to modify the copy of the IO interrupt table that should be in memory?
8th July 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
II dont know what u really mean deep sleep .hibernate ?
[B]
In sleep mode Normally in a windows pc the cpu would go completely dead and only the ram and the bios will remain powered. The bios wake up the processor the hard drive and the peripherals.
As soon as the processor wakes up ,the system will immediatelly continue from where it stopped.
Assuming tegra ii is a soc the system either is on or all the hardware is off power. Real sleep mode is impossible as the processor would still get power.

In hibernate the content from ram is saved in the internal storage, everything is shut down ,and the system draw 0 power. To continue image stored on storage moves again in ram .This* loading * takes some time and thats why deep sleep is slower
8th July 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dunavarsány
Thanks Meter: 189

1,642 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixlis

II dont know what u really mean deep sleep .hibernate ?
[B]
In sleep mode Normally in a windows pc the cpu would go completely dead and only the ram and the bios will remain powered. The bios wake up the processor the hard drive and the peripherals.
As soon as the processor wakes up ,the system will immediatelly continue from where it stopped.
Assuming tegra ii is a soc the system either is on or all the hardware is off power. Real sleep mode is impossible as the processor would still get power.

In hibernate the content from ram is saved in the internal storage, everything is shut down ,and the system draw 0 power. To continue image stored on storage moves again in ram .This* loading * takes some time and thats why deep sleep is slower

do you actually have any kind of knowledge about the way SoCs work? i don't see why turning off only some of the hardware would be a problem. i think it is pretty much the same as with the PCs... i'm not sure tho.
9th July 2012, 03:04 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 15

143 posts
More
If I recall sleep mode kills your data permanently (bug)....
10th July 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 220

699 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by balintmaci

so this means it doesnt process calls messages anything during deep sleep like you said before

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Don't forget the baseband is its own little computer. It can use any radio related events (eg calls etc) to wake the CPU.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread