Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Deep sleep

Tip us?

balintmaci
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189
so this means it doesnt process calls messages anything during deep sleep like you said before

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

SvetteSoc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Storage wake intertupt

Has anyone found the interrupt handler for external input that wakes from Deep Sleep or the jump vector for basic IO interrupt handler. Also any have contact for custom prom dev for modifying the values if the jump table for this can be accessed?

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Additionally, has anyone attempted to modify the copy of the IO interrupt table that should be in memory?

mixlis
Old
Thanks Meter 2
II dont know what u really mean deep sleep .hibernate ?
[B]
In sleep mode Normally in a windows pc the cpu would go completely dead and only the ram and the bios will remain powered. The bios wake up the processor the hard drive and the peripherals.
As soon as the processor wakes up ,the system will immediatelly continue from where it stopped.
Assuming tegra ii is a soc the system either is on or all the hardware is off power. Real sleep mode is impossible as the processor would still get power.

In hibernate the content from ram is saved in the internal storage, everything is shut down ,and the system draw 0 power. To continue image stored on storage moves again in ram .This* loading * takes some time and thats why deep sleep is slower

balintmaci
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixlis View Post
II dont know what u really mean deep sleep .hibernate ?
[B]
In sleep mode Normally in a windows pc the cpu would go completely dead and only the ram and the bios will remain powered. The bios wake up the processor the hard drive and the peripherals.
As soon as the processor wakes up ,the system will immediatelly continue from where it stopped.
Assuming tegra ii is a soc the system either is on or all the hardware is off power. Real sleep mode is impossible as the processor would still get power.

In hibernate the content from ram is saved in the internal storage, everything is shut down ,and the system draw 0 power. To continue image stored on storage moves again in ram .This* loading * takes some time and thats why deep sleep is slower
do you actually have any kind of knowledge about the way SoCs work? i don't see why turning off only some of the hardware would be a problem. i think it is pretty much the same as with the PCs... i'm not sure tho.

thantos
Old
Thanks Meter 15
If I recall sleep mode kills your data permanently (bug)....

consolation
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by balintmaci View Post
so this means it doesnt process calls messages anything during deep sleep like you said before

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Don't forget the baseband is its own little computer. It can use any radio related events (eg calls etc) to wake the CPU.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
HTC TyTN II, iPhone 2G, Palm Pre+, iPhone 3G, HTC Magic, Moto Dext, Moto Milestone, Sony Xperia X10i, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, Moto Atrix 4G, HTC Sensation, iPhone 5, LG Nexus 4