5,598,086 Members 41,224 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trident Aegis Case for HTC One S

Tip us?

jacewt
Old
(Last edited by jacewt; 30th May 2012 at 04:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default Trident Aegis Case for HTC One S

So I received my Trident Aegis Case today and I love it. On the one hand it is bulkier than both the Cimo and Diztronic cases. It doesn't feel as grippy as the Cimo which is what I have been using.

On the other hand the phone feels like it could take a bigger hit. Also, the buttons are a lot easier to press than with a case or even without a case. The power button was a bit of a frustration for me but not so with this case. The cover also has covers for the ports.

To answer another question in another thread, you can attach a lanyard to this case, two little holes on the same side as the volume bar.

I will update when I use it some more to get my impressions for every day use. I took pictures.

It also comes with a screen protector, but I have not used it since I already had a different one on the phone.

Here's a link http://www.tridenteer.com/categories...7%7DHTC-VILLE/ It comes in black, blue, green, pink and red.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front litup.jpg
Views:	1459
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1094078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	1326
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1094082   Click image for larger version

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	1492
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	1094088   Click image for larger version

Name:	topangle.jpg
Views:	1224
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	1094089   Click image for larger version

Name:	top open.jpg
Views:	1207
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	1094090  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	1094091   Click image for larger version

Name:	usb closed.jpg
Views:	1053
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	1094096   Click image for larger version

Name:	volume.jpg
Views:	1044
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	1094097  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacewt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CzarDestructo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just to chime in, I've been using this case for about a week and I can echo that the buttons are MUCH easier to press in this case. It was frustrated with the power button, especially with the D3O case from T-Mobile. This new case is like night and day.

Trident does a really good job of balancing silicone and hard shells so that the phone still has plenty of cushioning in case you drop it while not being too 'sticky' from the silicone. This is a welcome from the typical gel/silicone cases that get caught in your pockets.

I'm really quite gentle on my phones but having this same type of case on my last phone gave me plenty of confidence is not having to baby it. Tossing it around and dropping it doesn't make me even wince anymore. The One S case is no exception.
HTC One S
NookColor - CyanogenMod 7
HTC Sensation 4G (retired)
Samsung Vibrant (retired)
HTC G1 (retired)

MrMinh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Love this case! I have the blue one also. Best color imo.

CephiroX
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I managed to get a black Trident Aegis off ebay for my phone and so far i'm loving it. Works really well and it's alot easier for me to handle now. As a lefty, I always had issues with the power button but now since it's more prominent, I can reach it pretty quickly.

mfinn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CephiroX View Post
I managed to get a black Trident Aegis off ebay for my phone and so far i'm loving it. Works really well and it's alot easier for me to handle now. As a lefty, I always had issues with the power button but now since it's more prominent, I can reach it pretty quickly.
I received my green aegis awhile back. Love the color and feel of the case. Not bulky and as mentioned earlier, easy to push power and volume buttons easily. (Lefty also)

Only issue I have, and it may not be one, the corners, though covered with the silicone, seem like if I were to drop the phone on a corner, how much impact resistance will it absorb... Again, it may be enough for a normal 3-5 foot drop.. though not willing to test it out intentionally.

Highstorm
Old
Thanks Meter 0
does anybody knows if there is a possibility to purchase one of the trident Aegis for my One S in Europe, especialy Germany?

would be very nice.

greetings,
H.

carlos16119
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I want this , I have the black 1S so I would get the red one XD

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

Kawaisa
Old
Thanks Meter 180
does this case lift the screen protector?
Motorola V300 > Sony Ericsson K700i > Panasonic VS3 > Sony Ericsson W850i > HTC G1 > iPhone 2G > Samsung Vibrant > Samsung Galaxy S2 > HTC One S > Samsung Galaxy Note II + LG Nexus 4> Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Note 3

CzarDestructo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaisa View Post
does this case lift the screen protector?
Depends, it lifted mine a little bit on the bottom of the phone near the capacitive buttons so I just trimmed the next screen protector corners before placing it.

I think this has more to do with the curved glass screen than the screen protector.
HTC One S
NookColor - CyanogenMod 7
HTC Sensation 4G (retired)
Samsung Vibrant (retired)
HTC G1 (retired)

jacewt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
I have not noticed this.

Tags
aegis, case, htc one s, trident