Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 38,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Splashtop HD on Nexus7

Tip us?

Lttlwing16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default [APP] Splashtop HD on Nexus7

Anyone tried it out yet, or would be willing to try it out, or think it will work with the n7? If so, could this be the best option(?) for media for those with the 8gb model. I plan on trying it out when I get mine.

http://goo.gl/Bc74e

Step666
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,061
Threads about Apps go in the Themes & Apps section
The Following User Says Thank You to Step666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kitten Mittens
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Yeah, I'm very interested in this also. Another reason I am not too worried about being limited to 8GB. It would be great if someone who has access to a Nexus 7 could test this out and share their experience with it, if not I will probably just buy it and check it out myself when I finally get mine. I'm interested to see how well it works for basic tasks, gaming, and watching videos/movies. My ultimate dream would be to stream my Xbox 360 games to a tablet like this, and play something like MW3 on the go.

Lttlwing16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittens View Post
Yeah, I'm very interested in this also. Another reason I am not too worried about being limited to 8GB. It would be great if someone who has access to a Nexus 7 could test this out and share their experience with it, if not I will probably just buy it and check it out myself when I finally get mine. I'm interested to see how well it works for basic tasks, gaming, and watching videos/movies. My ultimate dream would be to stream my Xbox 360 games to a tablet like this, and play something like MW3 on the go.
I agree.. I downloaded PLEX and it's been keeping me looking for more.. I wonder if Splashtop HD will support JB and how long it will be discounted 8.99 (usually 19.99) in the play store.. I hope until the n7 delivers

Lttlwing16
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step666 View Post
Threads about Apps go in the Themes & Apps section
you can delete this thread..there is a more in depth thread about the same app..

morphiend
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Splash top HD is listed as not compatible with the nexus 7 but the regular splash top is. Also there's a splash top two coming out for android soon. I think I will get this with my credit but I want the kinks to be worked out first.

Anyone try it already?

BrianDigital
Old
Thanks Meter 310

DONATE TO ME
I'll try loading up my backup from my tab when its comes next week

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mwalt2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,498
What's the difference between the HD version and the regular version? I can't really find anything on their website or from Play Store (other than "optimization" for Android 3.x or 4.x tablets).

ghost-5
Old
Thanks Meter 25
As far as I can tell the regular splash top is designed for smaller screens.

I wouldn't mind buying this as long as it is still on sale when they have made it compatible

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

shamowfski
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Afaik hd users will be getting free lifetime subscription to the new version when it comes out (at least they are doing that for ipad people). I got an email about it since I own the standard version. Seems like otherwise it's like 1.99 for the app and 9 dollars a year, which still isn't terrible.