Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] Splashtop HD on Nexus7

OP Lttlwing16

11th July 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

199 posts
More
Anyone tried it out yet, or would be willing to try it out, or think it will work with the n7? If so, could this be the best option(?) for media for those with the 8gb model. I plan on trying it out when I get mine.

http://goo.gl/Bc74e
11th July 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,063

3,748 posts
More
Threads about Apps go in the Themes & Apps section
The Following User Says Thank You to Step666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2012, 03:35 AM   |  #3  
Texas
Thanks Meter: 10

72 posts
More
Yeah, I'm very interested in this also. Another reason I am not too worried about being limited to 8GB. It would be great if someone who has access to a Nexus 7 could test this out and share their experience with it, if not I will probably just buy it and check it out myself when I finally get mine. I'm interested to see how well it works for basic tasks, gaming, and watching videos/movies. My ultimate dream would be to stream my Xbox 360 games to a tablet like this, and play something like MW3 on the go.
11th July 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittens

Yeah, I'm very interested in this also. Another reason I am not too worried about being limited to 8GB. It would be great if someone who has access to a Nexus 7 could test this out and share their experience with it, if not I will probably just buy it and check it out myself when I finally get mine. I'm interested to see how well it works for basic tasks, gaming, and watching videos/movies. My ultimate dream would be to stream my Xbox 360 games to a tablet like this, and play something like MW3 on the go.

I agree.. I downloaded PLEX and it's been keeping me looking for more.. I wonder if Splashtop HD will support JB and how long it will be discounted 8.99 (usually 19.99) in the play store.. I hope until the n7 delivers
11th July 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step666

Threads about Apps go in the Themes & Apps section

you can delete this thread..there is a more in depth thread about the same app..
14th July 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 23

211 posts
Splash top HD is listed as not compatible with the nexus 7 but the regular splash top is. Also there's a splash top two coming out for android soon. I think I will get this with my credit but I want the kinks to be worked out first.

Anyone try it already?
15th July 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #7  
Flag Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Thanks Meter: 322

2,825 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll try loading up my backup from my tab when its comes next week

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
15th July 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,498

2,138 posts
More
What's the difference between the HD version and the regular version? I can't really find anything on their website or from Play Store (other than "optimization" for Android 3.x or 4.x tablets).
15th July 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #9  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 25

165 posts
More
As far as I can tell the regular splash top is designed for smaller screens.

I wouldn't mind buying this as long as it is still on sale when they have made it compatible

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
15th July 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
Afaik hd users will be getting free lifetime subscription to the new version when it comes out (at least they are doing that for ipad people). I got an email about it since I own the standard version. Seems like otherwise it's like 1.99 for the app and 9 dollars a year, which still isn't terrible.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread