[UTIL][12/JUL/12] Samsung Galaxy S3 Chlorine. (bloat remover cwm-update generator)
Status: Online *
If you've updated any stock apps, the updated versions won't be removed.
Now that I have my own Galaxy S3, I figured it was time to add that to the Chlorine mix.
Basically it's a web based tool that will generate a CWM compatible update.zip to remove
pre-installed apps (bloat).
As always, backup and be confident with restoring your phone via download mode or CWM.
SGS Chlorine (mobile)
SGS2 Chlorine (mobile)
SGS3 Chlorine (mobile)
What this does:
This is a little bit of PHP that will generate a customised CWM3 compatible update.zip which will remove specific apks (and associated .odexes).
* Choose which APKs you want the update.zip to remove and hit the Generate button.
- You can also select a preset to save some clicking.
* Copy the generated .zip file to your phone.
* Apply it with CWM.
The SGS list of APKs was grabbed from the public google docs spreadsheet.
The SGS2 APK list was grabbed from this public google docs spreadsheet
The SGS3 APK list was grabbed from this public google docs spreadsheet
. XDA thread
* Requires busybox for mounting /system.
* The APK list shouldn't let you remove anything 'vital' to booting the phone (Only green "yes" marked items are in the list). If there's any bloat that does need to be added to the database, let me know. Likewise if you remove something that borks your phone.
* If you have any particular ideas for good presets, also let me know and I'll see to adding them.
* Stock apps that have been updated (either via play store or in app updates) will not be "fully" removed. You can manually remove the updates though