[ROM]ClassicJewel v1 [Sony style](7/12 updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JerryGNYC

Jun 28, 2010
You can't get here from there...
Had to restore from nandroid... :(

I use Audio Manager Pro, and the interface won't load (app stops). I have this app tied in to several Tasker profiles (meetings, etc), and really depend on it.

Unfortunately, I forgot to get a logcat. I'll try and reflash and test when I've got time, later this week. FWIW, I did try clearing all data (restored from TB, which works fine elsewhere). TTYAL...

smatherlee

Mar 5, 2011
Behind my M24 (Retired)
Loving the ROM, thank you! I am having an issue with friend stream and Facebook. Its not listed as part of friend stream. Is anyone else having this issue or maybe I'm just missing something really simple.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Loving the ROM, thank you! I am having an issue with friend stream and Facebook. Its not listed as part of friend stream. Is anyone else having this issue or maybe I'm just missing something really simple.

Because it is in the Xperia app.

Sent from my ClassicJewel

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
ok, got time scape finally working right. Was a fine balance of a few different device apps. only a few fc on some apps to fix and we should be looking at somethin fun.

Reactions: NaterTots

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Had to restore from nandroid... :(

I use Audio Manager Pro, and the interface won't load (app stops). I have this app tied in to several Tasker profiles (meetings, etc), and really depend on it.

Unfortunately, I forgot to get a logcat. I'll try and reflash and test when I've got time, later this week. FWIW, I did try clearing all data (restored from TB, which works fine elsewhere). TTYAL...

I haven't used Audio Manager Pro. But if i had to guess it's due to the sony xperia music changes in the rom causing conflict with the app.

JerryGNYC

Jun 28, 2010
You can't get here from there...
I haven't used Audio Manager Pro. But if i had to guess it's due to the sony xperia music changes in the rom causing conflict with the app.

Well, basically it's an app for setting sound profiles (ringer, media, voice, etc). I have a shortcut to my default profile in QuickDesk Pro, and it applied the profile (saw the toast and widget updated), but trying to go in through the main app doesn't work. I'll have to try a totally clean install when I have time to test. Any particular form of logcat to run?

Thanks/cheers,
-Jerry

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Should have an update tonight for those interested.

Got some stuff working finally

* Walkman eq working
* Sony Xperia Play working
* PS app working
* TimeScape fully functional
* Fidelity mods
* More tweaks.
* working on Landscape lockscreen next up
Whut!

If you can figure that out, I'd be extremely happy. How about Landscape Dialer, too ;)?

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Rom updated and so is OP along with a few more screen shots in post #2

Hope you all enjoy.

Edit. I removed Sony's home app for now. Will be working on a straight up port here when I can and when Sony ion releases a Rom or two.

~Leo

Last edited:

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Running v1 now its really nice thanks Leo :)

request u think u can add the select input option next to the paste like it was on the og thanks anyways if u can't :) ur Rom still rocks!!!! :D

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Reactions: Leoisright

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
thanks, Leo!

one thing that is in the new OTA is the fact that the wi-fi disconnect bug was fixed. will flashing the radio fix this or does only getting the OTA do this?

From what ove been reading, there are still issues with WiFi disconnect. It's weird cause mine is solid. But also read issues with wallet from some as well. So I can't answer that. Sorry. Feedback would be good tho.

I do plan on updating to the new base but just need a little time is all.

Sent from my ClassicJewel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Classicnerd's addition of the Jewel​
    Team Includes
    TommyTomatoe (lead Dev and AOSP guru)
    Leoisright (Developer, AOSP dev, some websupport)
    MiSfit (Kernel Dev, Porting skills)
    MindSplit (graffix guru and website dev)
    TMartin (Porting guru)
    Chubbzlou01 (porting guru)
    ewalk (touchpad dev)

After much thought, it was decided to go ahead and release our interpretation of the Jewel. This is based strickly on the RUU so many thanks goes out to Football and crew for being such an awesome force at bringing about every RUU known to us. There aren't enough thanks on his profile so it's urged heavily to seek him out and thank him for all he's done.

Usually we start off with v0.0.1 but since a few people (mainly ewalk) have been testing this build for us, we've already jumped up to v0.0.4. :) that's how we roll.

First boot will take a little bit so be patient.

Goodies

Download: HERE

Here is a great review for those that want to look before trying. Thanks bmtdan!
    http://therootofallevo.com/2012/07/lte-evo-add-sony/

* Walkman eq working
    * PS app working
    * HQ Camera mod (thanks williamfold)
    * multitasking mod included thanks to calkulin
    * Rosie infinity scroll and landscape
    * Fidelity sound (thanks window x)
    * JB Google Wallet (don't know if it works)
    * JB Gapps including magazing app
    * Sony Xteria integrated music system
    * Sony Bravia img engine
    * Sony Timescape working (facebook, texts, phone, and twitter all sync fine with it)
    * Xperia Launcher added (most sony widgets depend on this launcher)
    * JB wallpapers and live wallpapers
    * Xloud sound system (partial integration)
    * Infinity music extentions
    * Sony Walkman music system with infinity controls
    * Playstation app functional now
    * New Dockstation/alarm with widgets
    * Landscape/smooth scroll Rosie
    * Updated quicksettings (thanks aamikam)
    * Music track volume controls (thanks Freeza/one_love)
    * Removed Menu bar
    * Remapped recent apps to menu/longpress home to recent apps
    * Halfpress camera button for search
    * Tweaked ramdisk
    * MMS mods
    * Browser tabs increased
    * Removed Cache from Rosie
    * Classicnerd Init.d scipts at bootup (read ahead, memory optimization, and many more goodies)
    * Zipaligned at boot
    * Moved some apps to data during install
    * Camera mods (non compression now)
    * based on RUU 1.13.651.1
    * Removed GoogleFeedback/HTC feedback apps to sdcard
    * 6-1 reboot menu (thanks vin)
    * Memory tweaks in ramdisk (thanks to TreVe and MiSfit)
    * Battery, it's good man. will last well over 24 hours under normal use. Listen to music and videos all day, maybe not so long. Thankfully it came with a charger...lol

What Needs Attention

Things to do:

* Fidelity sound will be added in next update

Please don't ask for Updates. We get to things when we get to them. Everyone on this team is married (except one and you know who you are...lol) and we have families that come first, work second, hobbies and life third. But the good part is, this is a hobby :) So it's pretty high on the list. Also, Don't ask to slim down the ROM cause that aint happenin. If you want to remove stuff, please review the rom before you flash and delete unwanted apps from system/app and data/app. Then you won't bug us or the thread about too much stuff. These phones have plenty of memory and we are gonna push it to the limit.

Also, we shall be adding our AOSP source found HERE. So for those that are github educated, feel free to sync up and start building. Currently it supports the HP Touchpad, Evo 3D, and OG Evo also somewhat working for the Kindle Fire.

Donations: Well, we won't say no for sure. It will help us drink lots of coffee, Mountain Dew, and throw some cash to our wives so we can keep our hobbies alive (hint hint, less the wives are mad and out doing things, the more we get done). But donations aren't necessary. A simple hit of the Thanks button is a prefect way to show your appreciation.

Credit: Man, there are so man. Donators (you guys rock) Ewalk comes to mind, hehe...thanks bro. Myn, Virus, Joelz, Cyanogenmod, Evervolv, OMJ, tommytomatoe, misfit, mindsplit, tmartin, chubbzlou, outerdepth, Justin, platty, sac, preludedrew, aamikam, vin, Freeza, one_love, flex, the team, XDA, evolutionmod, wives, family, the mods, the themers, and everyone who responds in a positive way and respects everyone in here.

Thanks and enjoy!

Oh, this isn't perfect but it flashes and works nicely. If coming from a different rom follow the instructions below.

** NAN Backup
    * Factory reset
    * flash rom
    * Enjoy

Coming from a previous release if you were lucky to use it already (this is a little different)

* Wipe cache
    * Wipe dalvik
    * Flash Rom.
    * Enjoy.
    Yeah I will start updating it. Sorry, was pretty solid first release...give me a little time. All my stuff has been deleted and need to rebuild the computer drive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
    Should have an update tonight for those interested.

Got some stuff working finally

* Walkman eq working
    * PS app working
    * Fidelity mods
    * More tweaks.
    * working on Landscape lockscreen next up
    Party like a rock star!