[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

OP Dees_Troy

3rd May 2012, 05:23 PM   |  #251  
Thanks Meter: 554

451 posts
More
Cyanogen plans(if not already in use) on having root as a option via settings. He did have the options on the gerrit a while back, i havent been keeping up on all the stuff being reviewed for ics. So its not like root will be completely gone. So one can easily turn off root and back on when needed.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by one_love_420; 3rd May 2012 at 05:26 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to one_love_420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #252  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,850

8,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_love_420

Cyanogen plans(if not already in use) on having root as a option via settings. He did have the options on the gerrit a while back, i havent been keeping up on all the stuff being reviewed for ics. So its not like root will be completely gone. So one can easily turn off root and back on when needed.

Oh alright thanks for the explaination. I as well have not been on gerrit much lately.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
3rd May 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #253  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 305

1,090 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_love_420

Honestly if it works perfectly I like this option. I can think of a few people who would be better off without root but a custom rom like CM adding a lot to the Android experience... But at the same time.. I also feel that its just extra crap that not really needed..

Shifted from Outer Space
3rd May 2012, 08:34 PM   |  #254  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,114

1,305 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thronnos

Honestly if it works perfectly I like this option. I can think of a few people who would be better off without root but a custom rom like CM adding a lot to the Android experience... But at the same time.. I also feel that its just extra crap that not really needed..

Shifted from Outer Space

Just an extra step for rooted users.... Root permission is off by default so it has to be enabled.

4th May 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #255  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,850

8,281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thronnos

Shifted from Outer Space

It makes your phone more secure in a lot of ways to not have superuser enabled all the time like miui does, but it's required if you have/use a lot boot-up apps that require root on boot.

12th July 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #256  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO
Thanks Meter: 9,468

1,602 posts
Donate to Me
More
Updated to 2.2.0!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #257  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 6,952

10,222 posts
More
Thanks
12th July 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #258  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 278

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dees_Troy

Updated to 2.2.0!

Thanks, and while I really wish the Hardware keyboard would, I somehow doubt it ever will with TWRP...

Also, is it possible to customize the keyboard prior to flashing? or is it compiled within the recovery partition? To do things like remove the Voice talk icon and adjust spacing and remove/disable all those other things that dont actually work in recovery.

/TYVM
13th July 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #259  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 305

1,090 posts
More
Serious question what if the stock keyboard is removed. Is this built into the recovery or.. Will I somehow mess up everything.

Shifted from Outer Space
13th July 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #260  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO
Thanks Meter: 9,468

1,602 posts
Donate to Me
More
The keyboard is built into the recovery and does not depend on anything you might install or remove from your ROM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread