The GoogleServicesFramework.apk installed in /syste/app/ is 777 (for owner, group and others), i.e., rwx for all three users.
---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------
Well, 4 days and running into roadblocks. I was probably chasing my tail. However, when the nice guy that posted a reply asked "what were the permissions of googleservicesframework, and I checked that they were 777, I decided that maybe..., just maybe, I had a bad .apk. All of the .apks that were in the folder were 644. So I downloaded a new version of googleservicesframework.apk from media source fire (the one that I had was from a link posted previously.) I noticed that most of the .apk files were around 600 kb. The one that I had downloaded previously was about 2mb.
After copying over the small .apk into /system/app, my google play started working perfectly! I'm VERY sorry for being a NOOB! However, thank you all at xda for being here for all of us! Keep up the good work!!