Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle FIre and Google Play Store

Tip us?

montoyat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Google Play force closes, Google Framework won't install

I've rooted my Kindle Fire running version 6.3. It's running the stock OS. I used the Kindle Fire Utility version 0.9.5. It rooted and loaded TWRP but was unable to push the google apps (extras) as 'permission denied'. So I installed rootbrowser.apk. It works with superuser privileges. I downloaded GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Vending 3.5.16.apk and then with Windows Explorer I dragged them into the /sdcard/Download directory. With rootbrowser I copied them over into /system/app. I tried to install the google apps. Google Play installs but crashes. GoogleServicesFramework.apk will not install. Using Rootbrowser, I was not able to delete the GoogleServicesFramework.apk. I booted the Kindle Fire into recovery mode, mounted /system, then used ADB to push the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and the Vending 3.5.16.apk into /system/app. The files were successfully copied into /system/app. I rebooted the Kindle, using rootbrowser I installed Google Play (Vending 3.5.16.apk) but GoogleServicesFramework just shows "Application Not Installed". When I launch Google Play I'm prompted to add my account info on the device to continue. When i select "Yes", it closes and I'm unable to get past this point. I have the "Go Launcher EX" installed. I also went into recovery with TWRP and fixed permissions. Still nothing worked.

I've watched the NOOB video, and read Kindle Fire For Beginners and a whole bunch of other stuff. I've scoured the posts but though i've tried everything that everyone else has done in order to get Framework installed and Google Play to work, I cannot get passed this point. I'm now 4 days into the process of 'rooting' this device. Like I said, it's rooted, but not completely functional with the desired apps.

Does someone have anymore ideas on how to get GoogleServicesFramework.apk to install and Vending 3.5.16.apk to work after it's installed?

Thanks!!!

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by montoyat View Post
I've rooted my Kindle Fire running version 6.3. It's running the stock OS. I used the Kindle Fire Utility version 0.9.5. It rooted and loaded TWRP but was unable to push the google apps (extras) as 'permission denied'. So I installed rootbrowser.apk. It works with superuser privileges. I downloaded GoogleServicesFramework.apk and Vending 3.5.16.apk and then with Windows Explorer I dragged them into the /sdcard/Download directory. With rootbrowser I copied them over into /system/app. I tried to install the google apps. Google Play installs but crashes. GoogleServicesFramework.apk will not install. Using Rootbrowser, I was not able to delete the GoogleServicesFramework.apk. I booted the Kindle Fire into recovery mode, mounted /system, then used ADB to push the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and the Vending 3.5.16.apk into /system/app. The files were successfully copied into /system/app. I rebooted the Kindle, using rootbrowser I installed Google Play (Vending 3.5.16.apk) but GoogleServicesFramework just shows "Application Not Installed". When I launch Google Play I'm prompted to add my account info on the device to continue. When i select "Yes", it closes and I'm unable to get past this point. I have the "Go Launcher EX" installed. I also went into recovery with TWRP and fixed permissions. Still nothing worked.

I've watched the NOOB video, and read Kindle Fire For Beginners and a whole bunch of other stuff. I've scoured the posts but though i've tried everything that everyone else has done in order to get Framework installed and Google Play to work, I cannot get passed this point. I'm now 4 days into the process of 'rooting' this device. Like I said, it's rooted, but not completely functional with the desired apps.

Does someone have anymore ideas on how to get GoogleServicesFramework.apk to install and Vending 3.5.16.apk to work after it's installed?

Thanks!!!
What are your "GoogleServicesFramework.apk" permissions set to?
The Following User Says Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

montoyat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The GoogleServicesFramework.apk installed in /syste/app/ is 777 (for owner, group and others), i.e., rwx for all three users.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Well, 4 days and running into roadblocks. I was probably chasing my tail. However, when the nice guy that posted a reply asked "what were the permissions of googleservicesframework, and I checked that they were 777, I decided that maybe..., just maybe, I had a bad .apk. All of the .apks that were in the folder were 644. So I downloaded a new version of googleservicesframework.apk from media source fire (the one that I had was from a link posted previously.) I noticed that most of the .apk files were around 600 kb. The one that I had downloaded previously was about 2mb.

After copying over the small .apk into /system/app, my google play started working perfectly! I'm VERY sorry for being a NOOB! However, thank you all at xda for being here for all of us! Keep up the good work!!
The Following User Says Thank You to montoyat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nayoula
Old
Thanks Meter 0
montoyat, please share the link with us for the GoogleServicesFramework version that's working for you. I'm having issues too, and have been through over 10 gapps and different apk files. going nuts here!

thanks

kevorski
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayoula View Post
montoyat, please share the link with us for the GoogleServicesFramework version that's working for you. I'm having issues too, and have been through over 10 gapps and different apk files. going nuts here!

thanks
That would be awesome. Thanks!

sbhboi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Since it was Android, it should works. Ok, my device isn't the same, but problem is. I only follow the instructions from this post & it worked.

Update all my apps endlessly is a blissful day afterward. :3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1329014

Is your permission set the same like the above post ?