Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Official BBC Olympics App - Updated to 1.1.0

Tip us?

charliebigpot
Old
(Last edited by colossus; 3rd August 2012 at 03:29 PM.) Reason: edited info about live streaming.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Thumbs up [APP] Official BBC Olympics App - Updated to 1.1.0

Moderated.
... and if this post was useful feel free to press the "thanks" button
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Following 100 Users Say Thank You to charliebigpot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 269
Dude... exactly what I need. You are awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to john9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nyssa1104
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Thanks was just reading about its release else where.
Made for sharing as they say...

Samsung Galaxy S lll 9305
Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
Stock phone -Rooted
Samsung Galaxy S II
(x2) ROM: Stock XWLSW
Kernel: Phil XWLSW v5.06.6 with CWM 6.0.3.2 -exFat 64GB
Samsung Star S5230 Stock still in use!

aaronwe
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Awesomesauce. The really strange thing is that while the Play Store won't even let you install the app if you're in the US, the app itself appears to be geographically aware -- I see a front page section called "Team USA". I can't imagine that's hard coded.
The Following User Says Thank You to aaronwe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6mill
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default works on stock jelly bean

Thanks for this. I tried Market Enabler and had the message it wasn't compatible with my device (GNex Jelly Bean). This apk installed fine and I can open the app and watch videos. No live streams yet, so see what happens then.
The Following User Says Thank You to 6mill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FlyinHi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yea, it obviously knows where I am, but who cares, the NBC official app is horrible...

Sent from my White Hot Galaxy S3 on AT&T

eibbed0001
Old
(Last edited by eibbed0001; 13th July 2012 at 09:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwe View Post
Awesomesauce. The really strange thing is that while the Play Store won't even let you install the app if you're in the US, the app itself appears to be geographically aware -- I see a front page section called "Team USA". I can't imagine that's hard coded.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/wor...2olympics.html - Information about the personalization by country but not much about the "international" app.

charliebigpot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6mill View Post
Thanks for this. I tried Market Enabler and had the message it wasn't compatible with my device (GNex Jelly Bean). This apk installed fine and I can open the app and watch videos. No live streams yet, so see what happens then.
Yeah, it was kinda strange for me too. On the market (via Chrome) it said that my device isn't compatible, when I scanned a QR code it said that I can't download it outside the UK, but Market Enabler did the trick.
It's such a good app!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

charliebigpot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by eibbed0001 View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/wor...2olympics.html - Information about the personalization by country but not much about the "international" app.
Thx for the link. It's kind of a cool feature, but unfortunately not so handy if you are an expatriate.. I live in Sweden but I'm Italian.. so "unfortunately" I'll get all the news about the Swedish team and not about the fabulous Italian athletes

AndIKnow
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Thanks a ton mate. You're the best.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe