Originally Posted by Ipse_Tase
My first ICS ROM on a Galaxy Fascinate (Telus)...BIG THANKS (button pushed, I think I'll donate too, this is impressive work!!!)
Works perfect so far, GPS seems OK so far - I had corrections made in gps.conf anyways. Someone mentioned "clear agps" - how would one do that?
Second, my OC and governor don't get applied after reboot, they show selected in Semaphore but I have to go every time and re-aply the same scripts. So they only get executed manually?
Third, JuiceDefender doesn't like this ROM, no big deal, I have GreenPower Pro.
Last, I'm in Canada, on Bell Mobility and was wondering if anyone here has a better suggestion for modem. I use KG3 ATM.
I asked the question in the Telus SGH-T959D as well...sorry for the repost:
<<the radio signal level is a bit low in my house where my old Optimus gets Max (5bars) 90% of the time. The Galaxy gets 2-3 bars most of the time- but it might just be that LG and Samsung have different view on "max". My signal is -95dBm to -105dBm on the Galaxy which is 10dBm LOWER than the LG.
- I checked and I'm now on WCDMA 1900 band 2, but 850 is enabled too, so that selection should be a matter of tower - which is the same for both phones.
- my data rates are around 6Mbps down and 1.8Mbps up - is this the best I can get from this phone and HSDPA+? The Optimus gets slightly lower rates but it's a low end phone.>>
1. As you said, you already made some corrections in the gps.conf file (for example, setting the server to your country).
This should be enough. If you're still not satisfied, change your modem (there are many ways to do it >> google / xda).
2. The OC and governor could be a kernel issue as this is handled all by the kernel (Semaphore kernel dev).
The next DarkyROM v11.1 Black Edition will use the newest kernel.
3. I don't use such apps as I always handle WiFi, screen brightness, Bluetooth and other battery-sucking things manually.
I suggest you do it the same.
Radio signal level: As mentioned in 1., this could also be related to the modem you're using. Try another one - you can always go back.
And it can well be that older devices have better reception - old phones are mostly better for just calling.
[SIZE=1] >> Visit www.darkyrom.com
for more addons and help! <<<
Follow me on Twitter!
Darky's Facebook Group - Community Support.
Darky's Facebook Group
You can donate to support DarkyROM.