Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 42,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Tip us?

inpherknow
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorstew View Post
I just tested this and it's working for me. When I copy it says 'copied to clipboard', and when I long press somewhere else the clipboard shows up with the text that I copied. I then click on it and it pastes.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Not trying to be smart but the best recommendation is to download both and just test each one with a speed test. I've found that all are similar but most people find one faster than the other. It can be done fairly quickly since all you have to do is flash them 'on top' of the ROM then reboot and test.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Here's TDJ's last post from 5 days ago. Either he's busy with life, busy with this ROM, or heaven forbid - both. Don't stress about it, when it's done it'll be posted.

I have an update that I will be releasing within the next few days. It should fix any GPS issues, as well as fix some of the other little bugs that have been hanging around (ie: the unresponsive app bug) After this next update, any development from me will be slowing down, or really not happening at all for a while. I have a lot of RL things to deal with and I just dont have the time right now for android. So with that being said, keep your eye peeled for an updated before the end of this week.. ~TDJ

Odd... I don't get the copied to clipboard message at all, but when I cut text, it disappears.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

dex1701
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul69.atl View Post
Arrg I check everyday for V8 and "nada"

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
Perhaps you'd like to make your own ROM, then...?
Samsung Galaxy S4
Warpdrive 4.4 Edition
NB4 baseband
T-Mobile USA Network
The Following User Says Thank You to dex1701 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jak Crow
Old
Thanks Meter 7
With this ROM, I'm seeing weaker cell signal strength, and whenever making a call or sending a text, the signal strength drops way more than I've ever seen on other ROMs. I'm running with radio UVLE1, which I was also running on the previous ROMs. In my current location, I should be seeing 4 bars of 4G, but I'm seeing 3 bars of Edge.

Dugan1017
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I had more luck with the UVLC8 radio for whatever that's worth. T-Mobile in Phoenix, AZ. Also worked well last week in NYC.

dirtybudha
Old
Thanks Meter 624
Default Radio radio radio

The radio has nothing to do with the ROM. There are quite a few radios to try out;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=radio

Before you ask which is good, try one for a day, then try another, and so on. Each radio is different for each area. There was a thread created to help find who had good results in what areas with what radios. I can't find it, it's almost time to leave work.

Just remember kids...you can shoot the moon, but you're gonna have to slap the gorilla to dive in the milk and cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Crow View Post
With this ROM, I'm seeing weaker cell signal strength, and whenever making a call or sending a text, the signal strength drops way more than I've ever seen on other ROMs. I'm running with radio UVLE1, which I was also running on the previous ROMs. In my current location, I should be seeing 4 bars of 4G, but I'm seeing 3 bars of Edge.
Dirty Budha
My Website
I'm a graphic designer and not a programmer, I understand how this can be confusing.
Hit "Thanks" if I said something informative or funny...or both.

Phone:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T
Retired:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 M919
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 T889
- Samsung Galaxy S2 T989
- HTC Vision ( T-Mobile G2)
- iPhone 4Gig (huge mistake)

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages."
-- Terry Pratchett "Wyrd Sisters"

thedark1337
Old
(Last edited by thedark1337; 13th July 2012 at 11:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
This is a logcat of what happens when there is an incoming call for me. theres a bunch of errors in there though. i called from the house phone for a second and then i hung up. strangely the sound works for an outgoing call but not an incoming when using go dialer. if i use the default phone.apk dialer there is no sound whatsoever from incoming and outgoing. Hm tweaking with the settings for catlog and setting the buffer to radio shows RIL with hundreds of errors.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2012-07-13-17-18-51.txt - [Click for QR Code] (10.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: txt 2012-07-13-17-34-40.txt - [Click for QR Code] (132.4 KB, 3 views)

Raul69.atl
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylker View Post
Any recommendations on radio? There are 2 in the OP I didn't see any comparisons of them...
I would recommend the first
Faster speed and more bars in more places

inpherknow
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Anyone else having problems with titanium being granted superSU rights after updating from the market?

chirojunkie
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Everything has been working great here even the app freezing problem hasn't happened in like a week

G1ForFun
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpherknow View Post
Anyone else having problems with titanium being granted superSU rights after updating from the market?

Open task manager and clear memory anytime u get a su hang. Works everytime.

Phone: Nexus 5 16GB Black
ROM: Purity
Kernel: Code Blue
Recovery: TWRP
Radio: Stock

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G1ForFun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
darkside venom
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe