Modified RC30 - full version
I've uploaded a new version (v1.2) of the modified RC30 update.
(see forum post for link to actual file)
You must have the modified recovery image
installed before trying to install this.
Install as per usual - copy to sd card, rename to update.zip, reboot, enter recovery mode and hit alt+s.
(here's a guide
on how to install in Italian - thanks Deedend!)
The primary new features in this version are
- adb shell now works in recovery mode
- a real su (instead of the setuid copy of sh in the last version)
- lots of new goodies in /system/xbin and /system/modules
Other things that have changed from v1.1
- This version has a kernel compiled by Saurik, with more core stuff "turned on", to support more modules (Specifically, /dev/mem and /dev/kmem are available now)
- new features in init
- support for mounting to loop devices
- move flag for mount
- mknod that can wait for a device
- chdir, chroot, usleep, include, trigger
- Changed the init.rc so that it will include /system/init.rc and /data/init.rc, so you can easily add new startup stuff, without having to rebuild/reflash boot.img
- Changed the boot-up recovery flash to look for a file at /data/recovery.img instead of /system/recovery.img, and also to delete recovery.img after a successful flash
- changed the "mount" symlink to be busybox's mount instead of toolbox's mount
- added an /etc/fstab file that busybox's mount can use, that lists the standard system partitions.
- changed the fingerprint back to the official RC30 fingerprint (don't want to let google know you're using a modified build)
- using a newer version of busybox
- moved busybox from /system/bin to /system/xbin
Note: A big thanks to Saurik (the "debian on Android" guy
) for all the changes to init and the kernel, as well as the modules in /system/modules. He also tweaked and recompiled a newer version of busybox. He recently posted his own update
that I shamelessly stole this stuff from (with his permission
It also includes the changes that were made in v1.0 and v1.1. namely
- set ro.secure=0, ro.debugable=1, and persist.service.adb.enable=1 in /default.prop, to enable adb to run as root
- Added the ability to mount to a loop in init
- Mount /system/xbin/xbin.cramfs into /system/xbin in init.rc
- Looks for a recovery image to flash at /data/recovery.img instead of /system/recovery.img, and deletes the recovery image after a successful flash
- added back in the telnetd command from RC29
For those who have installed the stock RC30 update: no, you cannot install this update. You must have a modified recovery image installed to apply the update, and you have to have root access to install a modified recovery image. You can't get root access in stock RC30, so you can't install a modified recovery image, and so you can't install this update.