Broken Screen, what todo?

Tip us?

craftsvision
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Broken Screen, what todo?

Hi

I have HTC Touch Pro 2 and today I broke its screen, it have 3 cracks on it now but strange touch screen is completely working without any problems. I also had screen protector on.

Now what do I have to do? Do I have to replace complete screen or I think I will just need to replace the screen digitizer?

Please guide so I can order it from ebay or if you could recommend any store from where I can buy quality products.

Thanks

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Yep, been there done that. You have broken the digitizer glass most likely. I suggest that you get a LCD&Digitizer replacement from ebay like this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Digitize...item2c62be3b24
Do some shopping around I only paid ~$12 for my replacement.
Learn from my mistakes and get the set. It is next to impossible to separate the lcd and digitizer. You can usually swap around the various kinds of lcds too. On my sprint tp2 I installed a at&t tilt screen with no issues.

It is not to bad of a job to replace, but the first time is a little nerve racking as you have to do a total tear down. There are videos on the tear down around online. If you live near Seattle WA, I can give you a hand.

craftsvision
Old
(Last edited by craftsvision; 15th July 2012 at 06:19 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Yep, been there done that. You have broken the digitizer glass most likely. I suggest that you get a LCD&Digitizer replacement from ebay like this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Digitize...item2c62be3b24
Do some shopping around I only paid ~$12 for my replacement.
Learn from my mistakes and get the set. It is next to impossible to separate the lcd and digitizer. You can usually swap around the various kinds of lcds too. On my sprint tp2 I installed a at&t tilt screen with no issues.

It is not to bad of a job to replace, but the first time is a little nerve racking as you have to do a total tear down. There are videos on the tear down around online. If you live near Seattle WA, I can give you a hand.
Hi

Thanks, thats what I thought too, so your personal experience says its impossible to separate LCD and digitizer.. thats too sad as it can save me some money but I wonder why they are selling so many digitizers alone all over internet, and that is just for $8 to $10 with delivery.....

So finally you replaced both LCD+Digitizer or you were you able to replace just the digitizer?

and I live in Pakistan so I could only use help here or on any IM

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Impossible, no. You will go through probably a dozen before you get to a point where you could separate them 50-75% of the time successfully. You will spend way less money if you get a screen set, or a phone with a bad board/esn number to pull parts from. There is an adhesive between the lcd and the digitizer (usually along the edge). The lcd does not have a protective glass layer, and it is sooooo easy to pull the lcd coating right off the lcd base it is not funny. You could tear apart the one you have as a free learning experience. It is not going to cost you anything but your time.

craftsvision
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Saw this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYqNlM68_as

Well if its just that then its a piece of cake for me too, Im a technical person.... So what Im going todo is to open my mobile first before ordering and try to separate the digitizer from the screen and if I was successful then I will just order the digitizer and if I was not then I will order a complete screen set like the one you mentioned in your link.

What is this 1st Generation screen and 2nd generation screen... I have the international unlock version of TP2... which one do I order?

wizardknight
Old
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsvision View Post

What is this 1st Generation screen and 2nd generation screen... I have the international unlock version of TP2... which one do I order?
No idea.