5,604,730 Members 31,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

best stylus for use with the prime

Tip us?

Zephyrot
Old
(Last edited by Zephyrot; 9th April 2012 at 08:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanpudding View Post
hey guys,

so I received my jot classic a couple days ago and first impressions were incredible, best stylus I have ever held. The clear disc took no time to get use to and it was accurate, plus it just worked unlike the other foam nibs.

However after using it for about 30 minutes it became less accurate and the TFP would only register the jot intermittently. I thought it was just because the tip needed to be replaced because it was worn out? I then tested it on my GF's Ipod to double check and it worked like it did when i first opened it which is weird. This leads me to think it must be either the TFP or android os. quite the mystery.

I am going to try the touchscreentune app to see if I can get it to work with the jot, I'll report back with what I am able to figure out.

I will post a video of this issue on youtube.

(just found out I cant post links yet hmm)

With latest patch (.21) Im sure they changed the filter value for the Screen, since my Stylus stoped working correctly, the lines are straighter, but that is cause the filter is stronger now.

I had to change my TouchScreen Tune settings a bit after new patch, and it is working better now as before.

you need to play a bit with settings to get good results.

Here are my settings:

- Min movement amount: 0
- Disable movement filtering: checked
- Touch sensitivity: 30
- Palm detection: 0 (recommended for stylus writting).

then go to the menu (top-right) button, tap on "Set filter off value" and set it to 0.

and that's it, super awesome Stylus performance on .21
The Following User Says Thank You to Zephyrot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

briian_
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Are there any new recommended settings that people would like to share for touchscreentune for the .28 update?
I've tried playing around with the settings on a friend's stylus, can't really get it to a point I'm satisfied with it.
Also, just to ask another typical question:
Bamboo or Adonit Jot Pro?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

DeBoX
Old
Thanks Meter 24
dont know about the settings, but stylus wise, Adonit Jot all the way.

I have both the bamboo and adonit, check out the mini review l wrote

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1498539&page=2 ( middle of the page)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeBoX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

briian_
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for that DeBoX!
Would definitely consider it! As I'm trying to use the stylus to annotate the lecture notes during lectures, I'm hoping that there are some settings recommended so that the writing on apps like ezpdf (direct annotation) are legible.
Any feedback on the settings of Touchscreen Tune from users would great!
Cheers

Nefariouss
Old
(Last edited by Nefariouss; 17th July 2012 at 07:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by briian_ View Post
Thanks for that DeBoX!
Would definitely consider it! As I'm trying to use the stylus to annotate the lecture notes during lectures, I'm hoping that there are some settings recommended so that the writing on apps like ezpdf (direct annotation) are legible.
Any feedback on the settings of Touchscreen Tune from users would great!
Cheers
Not to be the negative nelly but in my opinion note taking via stylus with the prime is a horrendous experience. I've given up on it. Even with the fancy stylus and touchscreen tune.

Seriously thinking about the Note 10.1 for note taking and annotating pdf files.