Root for 4.0.4 on 4.1.b.0.43

OP freakboy101

18th July 2012, 08:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Hi,
I searched around everywhere for a root for my xperia neo v running ICS 4.0.4 on 4.1.b.0.43 but, all I could find where techniques that required me to flash 4.0.2.a.0.62 kernel and then root it. Is there any technique that doesn't require this flashing?
I'm not that comfortable with flashing tricks and mortally afraid of bricking my phone. Somebody please help me out

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app
18th July 2012, 08:23 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,495

2,399 posts
Donate to Me
1) no other way for locked bootloaders
2) you read it wrong, its not .62 kernel
3) its highly unlikely that you will break something
4) i see you already did research, so why not continuing discussion in thread where you found that info instead new thread? Always good thing is to keep discussion at less place as possible
The Following User Says Thank You to Madfysh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
I posted it here as I found the trick on some other site and was not sure of their credibility. Anyways thanks for the quick reply. I try with the flashing technique and post the outcome. Btw could u suggest a good custom ROM based on Sony Ericsson stock one. I like some of their features but, it's the lag that's killing my experience.

Sent from my MT11i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to freakboy101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2012, 09:38 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,495

2,399 posts
Donate to Me
Ah I see.
Well there is sticky thread in general section, so follow those instructions. Good luck.

As for your question on best custom rom, that I leave to you, test them and find which one you like most. There is no best rom, there is only rom that best fits your needs.
Often people come and ask for best rom, which ends up with various replys from people about various rom's
The Following User Says Thank You to Madfysh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread