The all-in-one Play Store orders/shipping/etc thread

OP Step666

18th July 2012, 11:25 AM   |  #15901  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 11

99 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got the 'shipped' email at 6am this morning. Nothing yet on tracker.

Just off the phone with TNT, lovely lady explained A LOT:

She told me first that my package isn't yet in their system, disappointing but sure. She told me that there has been a delay at their end due to Computer2000, which are the ones handling the passing of the item to TNT. When they sent through their electronic data on the packages, the FIRST ADDRESS line of EVERY package was replaced with 'Gordon House', which she described as 'causing a nightmare for TNT logistics'.
She further informed me that my package is likely in ones given a 'short stay' by Computer2000, so that the data will be properly transmitted with proper address information, and is therefore unlikely to come today, but if picked up today will come tomorrow for sure as the shipping is all 24 hour for Google orders. There's clearly been some communication between TNT and Google on this, as she told me "Although I can't give you more information on your package, you can call Google and they might be able to tell you more."

Very interesting conversation. SO, at least in part, some blame for the shipping is with Computer2000.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gyaku_zuki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2012, 11:26 AM   |  #15902  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
More
So are we suspecting that the UK distributor has made a mail merge mess with the addresses? Maybe they've also ordered by Surname rather than on order date...

16 GB UK 28 Jun (One of the forgotten)
18th July 2012, 11:28 AM   |  #15903  
Flag Caerphilly South Wales
Thanks Meter: 38

57 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine arrived when I was on the phone with my gf gunna go home at lunch and pick it up in work ATM

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
18th July 2012, 11:29 AM   |  #15904  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 14

216 posts
More
Anyone is Scotland got theirs?
18th July 2012, 11:29 AM   |  #15905  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
All smiles here now, the N7 is in the house!!!

All the address has is my name, flat number, suburb and post code, they should have been able to figure it out from that, but I'm just happy the guy came back!

Excuse me while I go play :D
18th July 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #15906  
Flag Tiptree
Thanks Meter: 21

70 posts
More
16Gb 27/6 UK
I'm heading off to the Gordon House Surgery in Ealing, reckon they will have an entire skip full of Nexus 7s by the end of today.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aliburns For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2012, 11:32 AM   |  #15907  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 129

200 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vossitch

All smiles here now, the N7 is in the house!!!

All the address has is my name, flat number, suburb and post code, they should have been able to figure it out from that, but I'm just happy the guy came back!

Excuse me while I go play :D

Enjoy it buddy! Hopefully the rest of us can join you soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to EVIL JIMMY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th July 2012, 11:32 AM   |  #15908  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 137

504 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyaku_zuki

I got the 'shipped' email at 6am this morning. Nothing yet on tracker.

Just off the phone with TNT, lovely lady explained A LOT:

She told me first that my package isn't yet in their system, disappointing but sure. She told me that there has been a delay at their end due to Computer2000, which are the ones handling the passing of the item to TNT. When they sent through their electronic data on the packages, the FIRST ADDRESS line of EVERY package was replaced with 'Gordon House', which she described as 'causing a nightmare for TNT logistics'.
She further informed me that my package is likely in ones given a 'short stay' by Computer2000, so that the data will be properly transmitted with proper address information, and is therefore unlikely to come today, but if picked up today will come tomorrow for sure as the shipping is all 24 hour for Google orders. There's clearly been some communication between TNT and Google on this, as she told me "Although I can't give you more information on your package, you can call Google and they might be able to tell you more."

Very interesting conversation. SO, at least in part, some blame for the shipping is with Computer2000.

Thanks for the tip. I'm comforting myself by telling myself that mine hasn't been shipped because they're fixing the address issue. Hopefully I'm right....
18th July 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #15909  
Thanks Meter: 40

192 posts
dupe
18th July 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #15910  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 417

474 posts
Donate to Me
More
SO I phoned TNT and they said that my tracking number is not a TNT tracking number and that my Name is not on their system, so who the hell has my package?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1and this is crazy..so ship it maybe?, 7 inches of nexus, apple sucks, bring forth my nexus!, can't touch nexus 7... ooooh ohhhh oooooh ohhhh, embrace our furry! i want my tablet!, i s2 u justin bieber, ipad is better, livid, must.. have.. nexus 7, nexus 7, ocd, only hedgehog really knows! shhhhhh!, pissed, play store reliability, send google 'logistics for dummies', should you buy devices from play store? no!, the nexus 7 is a lie!, there is no nexus 7 only zuul, this thread is a riot, woot woot go sams club woot, yay-chance-to-build-character, your mamma was here, zxoxo thank you gamestop xoxo, [[ remember - mods can see who tags belong to ]]
Previous Thread Next Thread