[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v. 2.1.9

Search This thread

FiveOhFour

Jun 29, 2012
New Orleans
Haha. Then that is the solution. Wow. It is always the little things.

Ok. Let me explain.

So, when you start adb for the first time, it goes through all of that starting daemon blah blah...

Well my toolkit is running string checks on the output, but its looking for patterns it doesn't recognize because the first time your run it, it outputting that daemon stuff. That is why its getting stalled.

The solution: Simple. To run adb start-server in the background when you start the toolkit. That's it.

For now. Everyone who is having stalling problems. Please restart the toolkit. Open manual input, and type adb start-server

Then proceed to use the tools. I bet it works with the autodrivers that weren't working before for some people.

{{ WugFresh }}
Awesome, and you should clarify when you add that to the OP that to access manual input click launch under advanced utilities, it took me a minute before i looked there for it and most using the tool arent familiar with it to know that. I will uninstall the drivers that are sucessfuly working and see if the auto driver install works when using the cmd line. So you are saying just auto install but dont trust the adb check failing and when run manually you suspect it will find the device just fine?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I just tried :-
pluged in nexus
In the toolkit opened the manual input and type adb start-server
then went to Step 4 Tab- List All ADB devices
And it worked!

Upuntil now listing the adb devices always threw up two adb.exe's

Progress Im sure - I wish I knew what it meant
Great news bro congrats!!!! Love seeing success through community effort and teamwork, and i love that its the little things

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
I just tried :-
pluged in nexus
In the toolkit opened the manual input and type adb start-server
then went to Step 4 Tab- List All ADB devices
And it worked!

Upuntil now listing the adb devices always threw up two adb.exe's

Progress Im sure - I wish I knew what it meant

I know exactly what it means. Not just progress. A solution. Totally an oversight by me. But now my mind is at peace. Now I would really like people with 64bit machines to just use the auto-installed drivers and see if it still works using the

Code:
adb start-server

Solution.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

t-readyroc

Jul 19, 2007
St. Leonard, MD
I'm unlocked & rooted using this program, but I think the permanent CWM flash may have failed. After rebooting after root (verified through installation of ROM mgr), I tried to use the instructions in this post (p.25 this thread) to flash the new CWM. It didn't look like it failed, so I used ROM mgr to reboot to recovery, & I got the image of the dead alien w/the red exclamation point.

Then I held in power & up-volume, & saw the stock recovery instructions to reboot. What step do I need to take next?

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I'm unlocked & rooted using this program, but I think the permanent CWM flash may have failed. After rebooting after root (verified through installation of ROM mgr), I tried to use the instructions in this post (p.25 this thread) to flash the new CWM. It didn't look like it failed, so I used ROM mgr to reboot to recovery, & I got the image of the dead alien w/the red exclamation point.

Then I held in power & up-volume, & saw the stock recovery instructions to reboot. What step do I need to take next?

I would advise simply trying to flash it again.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Added to the OP (please refer users to this post or the OP if the question is asked again):

IF THE PROGRAM IS STALLING ON YOU (FOR ADB CHECK):

1. Restart the toolkit
  2. On the main interface hit the "Launch" button to open Advanced utilities
  3. In the advanced utilities interface; hit the "Launch CMD Prompt" button
  4. Type the following cmd
    Code:
    adb start-server
  5. Now you should be able to use any of the utilities in the toolkit without it stalling.
This extra step is just a temporary solution, until I release v1.5.3; then this won't be necessary.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: DarkEnd

FiveOhFour

Jun 29, 2012
New Orleans
I know exactly what it means. Not just progress. A solution. Totally an oversight by me. But now my mind is at peace. Now I would really like people with 64bit machines to just use the auto-installed drivers and see if it still works using the

Code:
adb start-sever

Solution.

{{ WugFresh }}
Victory is mine, successful ADB check using the auto install drivers

Reactions: WugFresh

Fall Guy

Jan 19, 2010

Code:
adb start-sever

Solution.

{{ WugFresh }}

Shouldn't that be adb start-server

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
Just a hunch. For all of you who are saying that the toolkit is spawning two instances of adb for you; do you have the SDK installed on your machine?

My guess is that adb is added to your systems path variable and although my program is pointing to the local file, the globally accessible adb gets spawned as well causing the problem.

This is just a guess by the way, but if it were true, the solution would be for me to rename adb and fastboot to adb-wug.exe, and fastboot-wug.exe.

To confirm whether or not my theory is correct, temporarily rename adb.exe in your sdk folder.

This makes way more sense than drivers. Why would drivers have anything to do with the toolkit spawning two processes. My guess is that the they are fixing it because it allows the first instance to get resolved more quickly, before you get hung up.

{{ WugFresh }}
Yep, SDK is installed. I saw you found the solution, but still wanted to reply. :p

I ran into this same exact problem when I tried to flash TWRP. I ended up using the Root & CWM feature on this tool to flash CWM over the bad recovery flash.

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
Check it out yourself! That shouldnt sound negative, its a ringing endorsement of one of IMO the best features of this tool, everything you may click comes up with a little info bulletin further outline the process that lies ahead, its safe to explore to a satisfying degree without having a device plugged in, and if you need it plugged in you can almost always just unplug while its rebooting before any processes have completed though thats unadvisable. Normally we have to worry about knowing what the next step is before we even click to be sure we are prepared for all the possibilities but this tool remains powerful yet simple enough with clarification at each step, the little clarifications are my favorite feature. Anyway when you click and then click ok to start another window comes up asking you if you have your own source locally or if you want to downlaod the stock 4.1 for the asus tablet.

Capture

Thanks for the confirmation, I'm at work, didn't want to install the toolkit on this PC, would prefer to play with it at home. But since the "official" CWM recovery is available in Rom Manager, I wanted to try it out, but wanted to verify I could revert if need be before doing so ;)

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for the confirmation, I'm at work, didn't want to install the toolkit on this PC, would prefer to play with it at home. But since the "official" CWM recovery is available in Rom Manager, I wanted to try it out, but wanted to verify I could revert if need be before doing so ;)

I saw this conversation earlier. The stock recovery is actually included in the package. What you are showing in that screenshot is the pre-screen for downloading the full factory image. You do not have to download any additional files to just restore the stock recovery. You can just use the restore stock recovery button in the advanced utilities.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: clockcycle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGjk3UTsOYMSzkx4KT3SZlCiruqY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGDhJYE8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FpzfGGfwJWl0dnds_9og1tODaVzU%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fq1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
    For those of you who have 1.5.5 already, the 1.6.0 update package is officially live now. I am updating my site right now with new information and the full version.

I was able to do everything I set out to do in this release. Support for the Nexus 10, 4, new 3G Nexus 7. 4.2.0 support, and what I spent the most time on - a fully web backed system, that autograbs the latest files the toolkit needs, and populates everything from text files I maintain on the web, making keeping the toolkit updated with the latest files nearly instantaneous.

Lots more info coming. Enjoy ^_^

p.s. thank you all for your patience.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Working on it now. Been really busy though with another project though; https://capsules.io/ks.html

I will try my best to get the toolkit updated asap in my limited free time. There are some other changes/updates I need to integrate as well, but not too many. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Coding went pretty smooth this round. v1.8.3 is up. (Yes, it supports 4.4.3)

Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Ok, so my coding is going really well today. I really think I will be done tonight. Yay!

A word to the wise though; The program now uses Goo.im as the backend for everything because my host just couldn't handle it. They were nice enough to allocate me a large quantity of direct downloads (more than enough) through the program, but there is a daily cap; 30 per day per unique IP. That said, triggering a check for update, will register as a download because it downloads a small text file. So I recommend against checking for updates repeatedly today because your IP will get blocked and when the update is actually out later tonight you won't be able to use the updater, and will have to download the full version.

That said, the full version is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. The toolkit will now be entirely backed by an automated file list on the web. This means, the toolkit will only grab the files it needs. So if you only have a Gnex, it won't come with all the files for every single nexus device, but rather.. it will download them when you select that in the toolkit (if it doesn't detect them already in the local directory).

The device and build lists will now be populated from a text file that the toolkit can grab from the web. That means, in the future when a new build comes out, I can make it so the toolkit self updates within 20 minutes with everything it needs, and that build will be listed. Same goes for autoupdating CWM, TWRP, and SuperSU. The toolkit will therefore will always be up to date with the latest files. And I wont have to go crazy hard coding all of this like I have been.

Ok.. Back to coding for me. Thank you all for your patience. The slight delays in this release will ultimately speed up all future updates forever. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}