OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 932

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatt86

The problem is flashing Froyo I think. I tried running RUU and it keeps telling me that it cannot find my phone (all drivers are installed properly) same thing with HTC Sync so I am updating Sync now see if that helps I agree on starting over but I'm stuck because I can't successfully flash Froyo with the RUU. It will load the PB31IMG.zip then it says parsing then goes back to hboot menu.

Mabey a bad download or you may need to backup and reformat the sdcard fat32, and try again.
21st July 2012, 07:25 PM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
More
Any benefit to going past 0.92 if I have S-Off, didn't know if this was asked already?
21st July 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #93  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFxBA

Any benefit to going past 0.92 if I have S-Off, didn't know if this was asked already?

Only advantage would be being able to use extended fastboot commands, such as flashing remote img's. It also can be unlocked to get root, but if your already s-off you can flash anything you want already.
24th July 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #94  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello! I'm new to this whole droid rooting thing and it seems very confusing... I have about a 1 year old Droid Incredible with 2.3.4 and I would like to root it with s-off and be able to download and install apps on it. Will this tutorial on page 1 work for me? Anything I should know/do before I try? It's risky messing with your phone, something you use all the time. Thanksssss!!!
25th July 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #95  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunisaurus

Hello! I'm new to this whole droid rooting thing and it seems very confusing... I have about a 1 year old Droid Incredible with 2.3.4 and I would like to root it with s-off and be able to download and install apps on it. Will this tutorial on page 1 work for me? Anything I should know/do before I try? It's risky messing with your phone, something you use all the time. Thanksssss!!!

Yes this will work for anyone. Nothing really important to know, just follow the steps making sure you get no error messages along the way. This is not to risky, the first half of the instructions (rooting) is actually supported by htc. The s-off steps are a little more dangerous but still not to risky.
30th July 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #96  
Flag Franklin

43 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Mabey a bad download or you may need to backup and reformat the sdcard fat32, and try again.

I took your advice and reformatted the SD card then started the process over at step 27.

Got another strange error when I nav to adb on command prompt when I typed "adb shell" instead of going to the $ it skipped ahead to the # sign. I'm going to just paste the result.

c:\adb>adb shell
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
#

The first thing I thought was I put the flash and MTD img on the wrong SD card but they are correctly on the root of the SD unzipped I can't figure out why the phone wont recognize them I redownloaded the files multiple times formatted the SD card. I've done everything I can think of short of unrooting and starting the whole process over. I also tried running the unrevoked forever.zip but I this error this is copied from the soff.log

unrEVOked forever S-OFF patch v1.3

Verifying system type...
Got device:
@PID: 69,"INCREDIBLE_C"
Got radio version:
E:unsupported radio version
E:Update failed. Check /sdcard/soff.log.

Again I formatted and I am back on 2.3.4. I just wish to get back to stock 2.2 but I can't find a good dl link anywhere to a stock ROM. Also I tried running the RUU and I get an error there as well. Will post a screenshot of that.

Last edited by bhatt86; 30th July 2012 at 07:18 PM.
1st August 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #97  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatt86

I took your advice and reformatted the SD card then started the process over at step 27.

Got another strange error when I nav to adb on command prompt when I typed "adb shell" instead of going to the $ it skipped ahead to the # sign. I'm going to just paste the result.

c:\adb>adb shell
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
#

The first thing I thought was I put the flash and MTD img on the wrong SD card but they are correctly on the root of the SD unzipped I can't figure out why the phone wont recognize them I redownloaded the files multiple times formatted the SD card. I've done everything I can think of short of unrooting and starting the whole process over. I also tried running the unrevoked forever.zip but I this error this is copied from the soff.log

unrEVOked forever S-OFF patch v1.3

Verifying system type...
Got device:
@PID: 69,"INCREDIBLE_C"
Got radio version:
E:unsupported radio version
E:Update failed. Check /sdcard/soff.log.

Again I formatted and I am back on 2.3.4. I just wish to get back to stock 2.2 but I can't find a good dl link anywhere to a stock ROM. Also I tried running the RUU and I get an error there as well. Will post a screenshot of that.

If it goes straight to the # sign that is ok, your just getting root permission right off the bat.

You cant flash the 2.2 ruu untill you get the flash_image to work. The flash image flashes a froyo misc partition that makes the ruu think it is not "downgrading" and so lets you downgrade to 2.2

You cant flash the s-off patch untill you downgrade to the froyo radio via the 2.2 ruu.
1st August 2012, 06:42 AM   |  #98  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Yes this will work for anyone. Nothing really important to know, just follow the steps making sure you get no error messages along the way. This is not to risky, the first half of the instructions (rooting) is actually supported by htc. The s-off steps are a little more dangerous but still not to risky.

Thanks!!

So is the tutorial on page 1 up to date or is there another one on another page or thread I should follow?
1st August 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #99  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunisaurus

Thanks!!

So is the tutorial on page 1 up to date or is there another one on another page or thread I should follow?

It is up to date. There is also one by scotty called something like htcdev unlock and root.
1st August 2012, 08:02 PM   |  #100  

6 posts
I'm getting this right off the bat... I've done all the previous steps. I'm doing everything very carefully.
ERROR [170]: USB CONNECTION ERROR

cant post pictures yet..
But my USB connection is fine. I can charge and use it as a harddrive accessing the files..
I tried running RUU while my phone was in charge only, htc sync, and mount drive and none worked. And i am in USB debugging.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread