HELP! Stuck on some weird screen

Search This thread

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I just used the all in one tool kit to flash CWM I have a virgin mobile one v. I went into the fastboot after and clicked on recovery, and now I am stuck on a screen with the HTC quietly brilliant. Underneath it says in red letters "this build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC's written permission, etc. Any idea how to get out of it? I tried all the buttons I could think of.

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I put it in the data folder for the all in one tool kit, under recoveries and flashed it with the toolkit. I also tried to do it through the fastboot cmd. I also tried TWRP. I was able to get into the custom recovery, but when I make any selection they are all empty(reboot, install zip, wipe date, wipe cache.)

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I never use the one tool kit, so I can't comment anything.

But I always use fastboot command. For your CDMA recovery as it is named as cwmrecovery.img
the fastboot command will be:

fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot erase cache

the go to recovery through hboot menu.

what I understand the cwmrecovery.img is non-touch version so you need to use the volume button to scroll and power button to select.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28577991&postcount=13

Or you can try the touch recovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1764183

fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot erase cache

If still problem, post your problem in their related thread. The OP may help you.
I can't do much as I own only a GSM device.

Last edited:

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
ok I followed those instruction, got to the custom recovery and at the bottom it says:
cwm-based recovery v5.5.0.4
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last-log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last-log

Nickdroid86

May 22, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
ok I followed those instruction, got to the custom recovery and at the bottom it says:
cwm-based recovery v5.5.0.4
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last-log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last-log

I should also mention I tried flashing the 1.5Ghz kernel. Through the all in one tool kit, and also tried flashing it through fastboot by renaming it to Boot.img and typing the command for it.

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
There is no custom kernel for CDMA yet.... that is for GSM only. It will not work for your device, and it won't boot.
And don't worry about those E:Can't mount/cache..bla..bla... , we have that for GSM too.

I think you should stop using the One Tool Kit before it bring more harm to your device. It's nothing wrong with the tool but a user must know how to use it properly for a CDMA device, you need to change a few files on your own before you can safely using it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts