Guide to Resetting Accounts without a Hard-Reset
I have found a way to remove the main Windows Live account associated with the phone and insert another one without having to Hard-Reset the device.
Removing the main WL account might be indicated in the following conditions
- Improper Region Selected with Your Account
- Switching between 2 Windows Live accounts
- Problem with Contact Sync through Windows Live
- Problem with Contacts stored locally on phone
- Dev-Unlocked Windows Phone
- WP7 Root Tools
- Goto WP7 Root Tools or any other file explorer on the device
- Navigate to \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Stores\DeviceStore\
- Rename store.vol to store.vol.txt (or anything else) - can be used as a backup
- Restart the phone
- WP might indicate that there was a problem with updating and all your messages, contacts and accounts data have been removed.
- Now you can manually add them again.
Please note that, all your stored emails, messages, locally stored contacts and other data associated with your setup accounts will be erased from the device (can backup by restoring store.vol.txt to store.vol). Make sure you sync your contacts before proceeding with this.