FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

How do you add audio to boot animation (AOPK 7.3)

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By KC37, Junior Member on 20th July 2012, 07:39 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

(do I need to convert the mp3 to an OGG file?)
Last edited by KC37; 20th July 2012 at 07:51 PM.
 
 
20th July 2012, 10:28 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
I'm pretty sure it takes an mp3 file? Just put your mp3 file at /system/media/ and name it "boot_audio.mp3"

The instructions are repeated under Rom Control > General UI (they're greyed out under "disable call volume")
21st July 2012, 02:43 AM |#3  
KC37's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Ahhhhh I made a folder boot_audio.mp3, lol. Now the only system/media folder I have is in the ROM zip itself. Is that the one I put it in and reflash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
21st July 2012, 03:07 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Kapowsin, WA
Thanks Meter: 380
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC37

Ahhhhh I made a folder boot_audio.mp3, lol. Now the only system/media folder I have is in the ROM zip itself. Is that the one I put it in and reflash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

or just put the file itself into that folder in the phone. adb, root explorer, or any other root access file explorer.
21st July 2012, 03:46 AM |#5  
KC37's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Cool, I think this is in my wheelhouse.

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
21st July 2012, 05:32 PM |#6  
KC37's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMudder77

or just put the file itself into that folder in the phone. adb, root explorer, or any other root access file explorer.

Well I thought I had it but when I was checking my failed work I noticed that my" boot_audio.mp3" is now a " boot_audio.mp3.ogg". I used Ghost Commander to move the file.

Just to clarify it isn't or is the system/media from the ROMs zip itself?

Thanks again, this battle is now a personal challenge, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to KC37 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2012, 01:29 AM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Ok, this is what you do.

1. Find an mp3 file you like (MP3 file, not an Ogg Vorbis file)
2. Name it "boot_audio.mp3" (case-sensitive)
3. Copy it into /system/media/ on your actual phone (NOT in the ROM zip unless you want to have to reflash your zip)
4. Change the permissions of the file to rw-r--r--.
5. Go to Settings > ROM Control > General UI and make sure that "Disable Boot Audio" is UNCHECKED
6. Reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to tocirahl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2012, 07:57 PM |#8  
KC37's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thanks for the total walk through. Got it working this morning!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app
22nd July 2012, 08:08 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Kapowsin, WA
Thanks Meter: 380
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocirahl

Ok, this is what you do.

1. Find an mp3 file you like (MP3 file, not an Ogg Vorbis file)
2. Name it "boot_audio.mp3" (case-sensitive)
3. Copy it into /system/media/ on your actual phone (NOT in the ROM zip unless you want to have to reflash your zip)
4. Change the permissions of the file to rw-r--r--.
5. Go to Settings > ROM Control > General UI and make sure that "Disable Boot Audio" is UNCHECKED
6. Reboot.

marked in red is only in AOKP. So unless you know that the user is running AOKP, this is unnecessary

Just an FYI post.
23rd July 2012, 06:31 PM |#10  
traumbrecher's Avatar
Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 4
 
Donate to Me
More
Is there a way to increase the volume of the boot_audio.mp3? Mine is playing ridiculously low for some reason.
24th July 2012, 02:18 AM |#11  
AzHavicx's Avatar
Member
Flag Tyler
Thanks Meter: 34
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by traumbrecher

Is there a way to increase the volume of the boot_audio.mp3? Mine is playing ridiculously low for some reason.

I think the boot sound volume fix is already been applyed,the best fix is in the build prop: persist.sys.boot_volume=100. that's the loudest i, think it can get until the AOKPs find a way to increase it some other way. But as far as my understanding of this its a temporary hit and miss kinda deal. I maybe wrong here,if I am I'm sorry for the missleading post and will remove and or edit with correct info...(if needed but I think I'm right...lol..lol )


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 On RootBox v1.7 Rom w/Fluxi Xx kernel using xda premium

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes