[SIZE=+4]This thread has been dedicated for
Questions and Answers[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Dealing with[/SIZE]

CyanogenMod-10-1CM.png

Arrow%20right2.gif
ATT%20Rogers%20Telus_logo2.png
Arrow%20left1.gif

[SIZE=+2]
This thread has been created for people to share issues and question they may encounter while using this version of CM10.1[/SIZE]​

Finger%20pointing%20down_animated.gif

[SIZE=+1]Download ROM here [/SIZE]
PLEASE make sure to thank the CyanogenMod team for their dedication to this body of work

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non related development chatter

Last edited:

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
[SIZE=+2]This thread is designed ONLY for the support of the
devices.[/SIZE]​

This thread is designed to help keep the dev thread clean and clear for the dev's to do their magic. So please feel free to ask any questions about the ROM, but trolling and flaming will not give great results and will be reported.

The main Dev thread is located HERE
GAAPS can be found HERE
ClockworkMod can be found HERE listed as "Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)"

THE NIGHTLY's Can be found HERE

Post your findings/fixes with your install procedure, along with your CWM version, your kernel and any mods

Thank you kangi26 for having created this informational thread

Fixes and Mods:

First Circle Battery Mod by Tiffany84! :)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29092238&postcount=1070

Crysis Battery Icon CM10 Build 7/29 by tiffany84:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29761975&postcount=23
http://d-h.st/2oH

JT Inverted Productions JusTunBean Inverted JB
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29343474

Bypass Exchange Security settings:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117452
Thanks r0ckvn for the link

LogCat thanks to sublimejosh2000:
Open your terminal on your phone and type:
su
logcat > /sdcard/log.txt

It will continue to write to the file as long as terminal is open and when you experience the bug, it will catch it. When you reboot you should have a nice text file for uploading to the thread

*** If you are getting errors playing Media Files or are seeing multiples of the same image or Grey items. This is "Ghosting", for some reason(what/why this is is unknown to me). The Fix:
Go to Settings/Apps/All/scroll down to Media Storage, and Clear Data. Reboot, and Scan your media again. Depending how much you have will determine how long it takes. This will happen again when rebooting, maybe not the first or second reboot, but it'll happen again

[SIZE=+3]I am having trouble installing/running/updating CM10[/SIZE]

If you're seeing any problems other than the issues that are posted by the ROM dev's. Try this method.
Big thanks to QuasiModem

Wipe Data \ Factory Reset
Wipe Cache
Advanced => Wipe Dalvik Cache
Mounts and Storage => format /system & format /data & format /cache
Advanced => Reboot Recovery
Wipe Cache
Mounts and Storage => Mount /system
Mounts and Storage => Mount /data
Flash ROM
Flash Gapps
Advanced => Fix Permissions

Reboot system now.

All steps must be followed

Last edited:
Reactions: hellmag and matt_b

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Great bit of info put together by unit_vector

I have consolidated some information regarding frequent issues with the most recent nightly releases. Hopefully someone finds this useful, since I've dealt with most of them myself and I see someone ask about these things daily. If any of the info here is wrong or misleading please don't hesitate to correct me (just kidding, I know you won't) ;)

GPS
-When the option was added to use an external GPS it broke the default source to be undefined. Go to "System Settings-> Location Services-> GPS Source" and make sure "Use Internal GPS" is selected.
-Some other update changed something with the permissions of the location services settings. Uncheck and recheck all the options on the above screen to force it to ask for the proper permissions again.

4G LTE/Wireless Data
-Currently you need to reboot after installing for the first time or upgrading to a new nightly in order to get any data signal.
-Make sure you are aware of the difference between the service providers' terminology and the "real"/CM terminology (AT&T 4G is actually HSPA+, AT&T 4G LTE is actually 4G).
-Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks" and make sure LTE is selected under Network Mode.
-Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks->Access Point Names" and verify versus known good LTE APN settings.
-You may have lost your IMEI. "Check System Settings->About Phone->Status". If your IMEI shows 0 you may have to follow the instructions in the IMEI recovery thread http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1801997. After restoring your IMEI you may still need to do additional steps to restore LTE. To avoid this headache back up your IMEI before you lose it using the above thread. Make sure you try just rebooting first to see if that fixes the missing IMEI.

Wi-Fi
-Some people report problems with Wi-Fi signal or connection. Try going to "System Settings->Wi-Fi->Menu/Advanced" and un-check "Avoid Poor Connections".

Volume/Sound Problems
-Audio drivers are currently a work-in-progress. Updates are still coming all the time.
-If you have no sound try turning the volume all the way down then up again for alarms, calls, notification, etc.
-Try re-selecting your ring tones in the app or clearing cache and/or data for that app.
-Call volume is known to be a bit loud now.
-There seems to be an issue with Google Now voice recognition mic volume. Try talking in to the noise cancellation mic (top).
-If your phone is not speaking Google Now results or street names in Navigation properly make sure you are using English (US) in the language settings (other languages/nationalities are currently not supported).

Camera/Gallery
-Swipe to gallery feature was "broken" by the addition of pinch to zoom. To get it to work swipe outside of image and buttons (in the grey area). **Reverted and reportedly fixed in 9/10**
-There is currently no option to store to external SD (yet).
-The built in gallery does not sync to Picasa. This is a known bug.

Battery Life
-Battery calibration is wiped after first installing or upgrading. Wait a full cycle before trusting percent reported.
-Install BBS http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1179809 to track alarms and wake locks.
-Battery use after clearing caches after upgrading is high. Wait til it is finished rebuilding before gauging drain.
-Other kernels give more control over battery and performance. You can try those but don't report any other bugs here if you do.

Screen Flicker
-Has improved recently but can be seen occasionally, particularly with 3rd party keyboards or graphics intensive apps.
-Going to "System Settings->Developer Options" and choosing "Disable HW Overlays" fixes the flicker at the expense of performance.

USB Storage
-There is no UMS (Generic USB Mass Storage) mode by default on our phones. You may need to install MTP drivers or a different OS that supports it. There are apps http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1711009 that allow UMS access but there are drawbacks.
-If you followed any of the procedures in the IMEI thread and did not properly revert to MTP mode you may need to do so before being able to access your storage via USB.

Home button wake
-Going to System "Settings->Performance->Processor" and increasing the minimum CPU frequency from 384 to 486 is reported to fix it.

64GB+ SD Cards
-CM will not directly support the exFAT format due to licensing restrictions
-You can format as FAT32 (with the restriction of not being able to have files over 4GB each)
-Not sure if it is supported at the moment, but in the future you should be able to format as ext (fixes the 4GB file problem, but makes the card unreadable by Windows without special tools)

Anything gapps related involving non-recommended gapps
-For example problems with text messaging when using inverted gapps
-Use recommended gapps.

Anything system related involving non-CM kernels
-Use the default kernel.

Installing/Upgrading
When updating from Nightlies MAKE SURE you are downloading the CM10 zip file. The CM9 weekly files show up in the same list.

The M flagged zip files are the same as every other nightly, except care is taken in the days/week before releasing the M edition to not introduce any new features into Nightlies that might break the system. This means that if you flash only the M files you are less likely to run into "show-stopping" bugs. After the M edition is released developers will continue adding new features to the Nightlies that may or may not result in instability.

The recommended nightly upgrade procedure should be:
-Backup/Nandroid
-Format /system (under Mounts and Storage)
-Wipe cache
-Wipe Dalvik cache (under Advanced)
-Install Nightly ROM zip
-Install gapps zip
-Reboot System

You may be able to get away with only:
-Backup/Nandroid (not technically required, but you're a crazy-pants if you don't)
-Wipe cache (It looks like dalvik-cache is included in the /cache partition on our phones - it isn't for all phones - so a /cache wipe should cover Dalvik as well. I'm no expert though, so don't take my word for it if you have problems NOT wiping Dalvik cache specifically)
-Install Nightly Rom zip
-Reboot System

Apps Force Closing/Other Strange Behaviour That Other People Are Not Reporting
-Try running Fix Permissions from recovery
-After backing up, try a Factory Reset combined with the above flashing steps to see if the error occurs on a clean system (Factory Reset does not wipe/format your SD card(s), only erases all apps and app/system data

-Use the default kernel.

Last edited:

malaeum

Jan 6, 2011
Charlottesville, VA
Copied from the other Q&A thread.

Hopefully this will resolve alot of thread clogging.. plz point people here for their questions and answers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

First of all, thank you for trying to do this! I don't think that the herd will care and they will continue to clog up the development thread, but you're trying and that definitely counts for something.

Do we have a current bug list that isn't just a bunch of "me too!" and random one off bugs? I'm talking about things that are consistent across all users who have properly installed? I think a well maintained list would be beneficial to the CM team (read Steve) rather than having them cull through the steaming 100 page pile of pure fetid "awesome".

I've read that entire thread up to this point but I've been trying not to engage too much due to the state of things over there. But here is my small and likely incomplete list of verified bugs at this point. Please help add to it with valid citations. I don't want to put things onto the list until they are verified by at least two users who can state the issue clearly in a post. I will try to keep this updated but please feel free to rip it away from me and keep it in tip-top shape.
  • Tethering does not work in either WPA or WPA2 modes (but it does work in insecure mode) [1, 2, 3, 4]
  • A2DP isn't working [1]
  • Camera focusing bug (that is known and is going to be fixed upon next build) [1]
  • LTE in Canada seems to be a common complaint. [1,2]
  • MTP not working for Mac users. [1,2]
  • Picasa sync doesn't work [1]

So since this is the Q&A thread, I have two questions:
  1. What bugs have I missed? (please provide a single post link as a citation)
  2. Whats the best way to find out when/where to find the latest gapps builds? I always find them from fellow forum users posts but it seems to me that they have to originate somewhere and I'm less than clear on that process.

Last edited:
Reactions: tux821 and mharmon

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
First of all, thank you for trying to do this! I don't think that the herd will care and they will continue to clog up the development thread, but you're trying and that definitely counts for something.

Do we have a current bug list that isn't just a bunch of "me too!" and random one off bugs? I'm talking about things that are consistent across all users who have properly installed? I think a well maintained list would be beneficial to the CM team (read Steve) rather than having them cull through the steaming 100 page pile of pure fetid "awesome".

I've read that entire thread up to this point but I've been trying not to engage too much due to the state of things over there. But here is my small and likely incomplete list of verified bugs at this point. Please help add to it with valid citations. I don't want to put things onto the list until they are verified by at least two users who can state the issue clearly in a post. I will try to keep this updated but please feel free to rip it away from me and keep it in tip-top shape.
  • Tethering does not work in either WPA or WPA2 modes (but it does work in insecure mode) [1, 2, 3, 4]
  • A2DP isn't working [1]
  • Camera focusing bug (that is known and is going to be fixed upon next build) [1]

2. Whats the best way to find out when/where to find the latest gapps builds? I always find them from fellow forum users posts but it seems to me that they have to originate somewhere and I'm less than clear on that process.

Yeah, I saw it right AFTER I posted this one :s

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
Is there anyway we can improve the gps? It's gotten worst after every update. I just wanted to know if there's anything we can do to fix it.

sent from my GALAXY SIII

malaeum

Jan 6, 2011
Charlottesville, VA
Is there anyway we can improve the gps? It's gotten worst after every update. I just wanted to know if there's anything we can do to fix it.

Can you help quantify this? Its been working just fine for me. Can you run GPS Test to determine how many satellites are in view, in use, and your accuracy? Beyond that, can you elaborate what symptoms you are referring to by it "worse"?

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
Can you help quantify this? Its been working just fine for me. Can you run GPS Test to determine how many satellites are in view, in use, and your accuracy? Beyond that, can you elaborate what symptoms you are referring to by it "worse"?

Well for some reason. It takes a while to get a signal after a reboot. I know on stock or aokp it wasn't like that. I'd get a lock in 3-5 seconds. Any ways. once it gets a lock. Like 10 seconds later it loses signal and it comes back almost instantly.

Also, Even when I use the navigation app it freezes for a couple of seconds and the it goes back to normal. It's weird. I tried using gps fix but it doesn't fix the problem.

Edit: just ran gps test. I have 17 satellites in view and only using 9-10.

sent from my GALAXY SIII

Reactions: laughingT

malaeum

Jan 6, 2011
Charlottesville, VA
Well for some reason. It takes a while to get a signal after a reboot. I know on stock or aokp it wasn't like that. I'd get a lock in 3-5 seconds. Any ways. once it gets a lock. Like 10 seconds later it loses signal and it comes back almost instantly.

Also, Even when I use the navigation app it freezes for a couple of seconds and the it goes back to normal. It's weird. I tried using gps fix but it doesn't fix the problem.

Well I don't want to sound too callous here, but 10 seconds is plenty fine for a lock. I guess I'm more patient than some folks, but at this point, it seems like a very minor issue. I do wonder if it was even "locking" in AOKP or if they just institute a lower threshold of accuracy to be designated as "locked". (Pure conjecture on my part, I could be wrong).

Using 9-10 is absolutely normal. Seeing as how you have a 12 channel receiver in your device, using 10 is great. You should be accurate to within 10 feet within a few seconds of starting up. Also, taking longer after a reboot is normal. There are a lot of different start-up "states" for GPS based on how long since the last lock and things like the phone being power cycled.

Last edited:

bigmike34

Jul 2, 2012
Burke
I've noticed on the 7/20 build, the play store link in the top right corner of the app drawer doesn't work. You have to actually select the shortcut from the app list.

EDIT: Seems to be an intermittent thing.

Are there plans to return universal search?

Has anyone found a way to transfer data (contacts, call log, mms log, data usage, etc.) from stock rom to CM10? Whenever I try (through TB) to restore data, i get an error saying "android.process.acore has stopped working". I did a search and made sure the "restore system data" option was selected in preferences both when i backed up and when I restored. I've also tried AppExtractor but that has done nothing. I've tried turning off auto sync and removing google account prior to restoring, all to no avail.

Last edited:

malaeum

Jan 6, 2011
Charlottesville, VA
I've noticed on the 7/20 build, the play store link in the top right corner of the app drawer doesn't work. You have to actually select the shortcut from the app list.

Are there plans to return universal search?

The link in the top right of the app drawer works just fine for me. On the 7/20 build. Which gapps did you install? I'm using the 7/16 build of them.

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
All I can say is that the GPS, for me at least, is AMAZING, actually even better than stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

manny05

Feb 21, 2011
Well I don't want to sound too callous here, but 10 seconds is plenty fine for a lock. I guess I'm more patient than some folks, but at this point, it seems like a very minor issue. I do wonder if it was even "locking" in AOKP or if they just institute a lower threshold of accuracy to be designated as "locked". (Pure conjecture on my part, I could be wrong).

Using 9-10 is absolutely normal. Seeing as how you have a 12 channel receiver in your device, using 10 is great. You should be accurate to within 10 feet within a few seconds of starting up. Also, taking longer after a reboot is normal. There are a lot of different start-up "states" for GPS based on how long since the last lock and things like the phone being power cycled.

Well that's why I compared it to aokp and stock. Even after a cold boot the gps still came on and locked within 4 seconds. On cm10 its much longer. And like I said alot of times it can't keep a lock. It loses the signal and gets it back 10-15s later. It's nothing serious. Just annoying since I use it very often (taxi driver)

sent from my GALAXY SIII

RudeTexan

Jul 21, 2012
anybody faced these?

• A2DP isn't working [1]

1) auto focus and camera itself works perfect for me, after applying the flashable fix though, however it force closes if you try to change the picture size now and then
2) phone app force closed a couple of times, once on MTP connection and once with speaker on.
3) tethering work for me.
4) lockscreen custom background dosent work if you have a different homescreen wallpaper
5) soft key lights turn off if you try to change the screen brightness(changing the brightness to auto will fix it though)
6) volume rocker work perfect

I am om CM10_20120720 build, Gapps_20120720, flashed with CWM 5.8.4.5. I had quite good number of unsuccessful attempts when tried to flash with CWM 5.8.4.7 (ext sd dosent show up in CWM recovery)
Also restored to stock rom with a nandroid on all CM10 builds

Last edited:

bmanilow13

Jul 21, 2012
Good overall with a few issues

Just flashed my ATT S3 with the preview build, awesome overall, so much faster than TouchWiz.

Having a few issues tho:

1) camera is borked (app was erroring then disappeared?)
2) gmail doesnt sync properly (worked fine with stock rom)
3) exchange activesync doesnt work (worked fine with stock rom)
4) notifications for gmail dont work (worked fine with stock rom)
5) menus show Galaxy S2, not S3 (minor)

bigmike34

Jul 2, 2012
Burke
The link in the top right of the app drawer works just fine for me. On the 7/20 build. Which gapps did you install? I'm using the 7/16 build of them.

Yeah it all works fine for me now with 7/20, both the Play link and universal search. From the first release I've been flashing 7/15 gapps (for gmail) then 7/16 (next time 7/17)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    An amateur FAQ

I have consolidated some information regarding frequent issues with the most recent nightly releases. Hopefully someone finds this useful, since I've dealt with most of them myself and I see someone ask about these things daily. If any of the info here is wrong or misleading please don't hesitate to correct me (just kidding, I know you won't) ;)

GPS
    • When the option was added to use an external GPS it broke the default source to be undefined. Go to "System Settings->Location Services->GPS Source" and make sure "Use Internal GPS" is selected.
    • Some other update changed something with the permissions of the location services settings. Go to "System Settings->Location Services" and uncheck and recheck all the options to force it to ask for the proper permissions again.

4G LTE/Wireless Data
    • Make sure you are aware of the difference between the service providers' terminology and the "real"/CM terminology (AT&T 4G is actually HSPA+, AT&T 4G LTE is actually 4G).
    • Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks" and make sure LTE is selected under Network Mode.
    • Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks->Access Point Names" and verify versus known good LTE APN settings. Currently Rogers LTE APN is missing or incorrect. You will have to enter it manually or wait for the proper defaults to be merged.
    • You may have lost your IMEI. Check "System Settings->About Phone->Status". If your IMEI shows 0 you may have to follow the instructions in the IMEI recovery thread. After restoring your IMEI you may still need to do additional steps to restore LTE. To avoid this headache back up your IMEI before you lose it using the above thread. Make sure you try just rebooting first to see if that fixes the missing IMEI.
    • ** Seems to be fixed on 09/12 ** Currently you need to reboot after installing for the first time or upgrading to a new nightly in order to get any data signal.

Wi-Fi
    • Some people report problems with Wi-Fi signal or connection. Try going to "System Settings->Wi-Fi->Menu/Advanced" and un-check "Avoid Poor Connections".

Volume/Sound Problems
    • Audio drivers are currently a work-in-progress. Updates are still coming all the time.
    • If you have no sound try turning the volume all the way down then up again for alarms, calls, notification, etc.
    • Try re-selecting your ring tones in the app or clearing cache and/or data for that app.
    • Call volume is known to be a bit loud now. Try pulling the phone away from your face during the call so that the screen turns on and turn up/down the volume.
    • There seems to be an issue with Google Now voice recognition mic volume. Try talking into the noise cancellation mic (top).
    • If your phone is not speaking Google Now results or street names in Navigation properly make sure you are using English (US) in the language settings (other languages/nationalities are currently not supported).

Camera/Gallery
    • There is currently no option to store to external SD (yet).
    • The built in gallery does not sync to Picasa. This is a known bug.
    • **Reverted and reportedly fixed in 9/10** Swipe to gallery feature was "broken" by the addition of pinch to zoom. To get it to work swipe outside of image and buttons (in the grey area).

Battery Life
    • Battery calibration is wiped after first installing or upgrading. Wait a full cycle before trusting percent reported.
    • Install BBS to track alarms and wake locks.
    • Battery use after clearing caches after upgrading is high. Wait til it is finished rebuilding before gauging drain.
    • Other kernels give more control over battery and performance. You can try those but don't report any other bugs here if you do.

Screen Flicker
    • Has improved recently but can be seen occasionally, particularly with 3rd party keyboards or graphics intensive apps.
    • Going to "System Settings->Developer Options" and choosing "Disable HW Overlays" fixes the flicker at the expense of performance.

USB Storage
    • There is no UMS (Generic USB Mass Storage) mode by default on our phones. You may need to install MTP drivers or a different OS that supports it. There are apps that allow UMS access but there are drawbacks.
    • If you followed any of the procedures in the IMEI thread and did not properly revert to MTP mode you may need to do so before being able to access your storage via USB.

Home button wake
    • Going to System "Settings->Performance->Processor" and increasing the minimum CPU frequency from 384 to 486 is reported to fix it.

64GB+ SD Cards
    • CM will not directly support the exFAT format due to licensing restrictions
    • You can format as FAT32 (with the restriction of not being able to have files over 4GB each)
    • Not sure if it is supported at the moment, but in the future you should be able to format as ext (fixes the 4GB file problem, but makes the card unreadable by Windows without special tools)

• For example problems with text messaging when using inverted gapps
    • Use recommended gapps.

• Use the default kernel.

Installing/Upgrading
    When updating from Nightlies MAKE SURE you are downloading the CM10 zip file. The CM9 weekly files show up in the same list.

The M flagged zip files are the same as every other nightly, except care is taken in the days/week before releasing the M edition to not introduce any new features into Nightlies that might break the system. This means that if you flash only the M files you are less likely to run into "show-stopping" bugs. After the M edition is released developers will continue adding new features to the Nightlies that may or may not result in instability.

• Backup/Nandroid
    • Format "/system" (under Mounts and Storage)
    • Wipe cache
    • Wipe Dalvik cache (under Advanced)
    • Install Nightly ROM zip
    • Install gapps zip
    • Reboot System

• Backup/Nandroid (not technically required, but you're a crazy-pants if you don't)
    • Wipe cache
    • Wipe Dalvik cache (under Advanced)
    • Install Nightly Rom zip
    • Reboot System

• Try running Fix Permissions from recovery
    • After backing up, try a Factory Reset combined with the above flashing steps to see if the error occurs on a clean system (Factory Reset does not wipe/format your SD card(s), only erases all apps and app/system data)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
    Great bit of info put together by unit_vector

GPS
    -When the option was added to use an external GPS it broke the default source to be undefined. Go to "System Settings-> Location Services-> GPS Source" and make sure "Use Internal GPS" is selected.
    -Some other update changed something with the permissions of the location services settings. Uncheck and recheck all the options on the above screen to force it to ask for the proper permissions again.

4G LTE/Wireless Data
    -Currently you need to reboot after installing for the first time or upgrading to a new nightly in order to get any data signal.
    -Make sure you are aware of the difference between the service providers' terminology and the "real"/CM terminology (AT&T 4G is actually HSPA+, AT&T 4G LTE is actually 4G).
    -Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks" and make sure LTE is selected under Network Mode.
    -Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks->Access Point Names" and verify versus known good LTE APN settings.
    -You may have lost your IMEI. "Check System Settings->About Phone->Status". If your IMEI shows 0 you may have to follow the instructions in the IMEI recovery thread http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1801997. After restoring your IMEI you may still need to do additional steps to restore LTE. To avoid this headache back up your IMEI before you lose it using the above thread. Make sure you try just rebooting first to see if that fixes the missing IMEI.

Wi-Fi
    -Some people report problems with Wi-Fi signal or connection. Try going to "System Settings->Wi-Fi->Menu/Advanced" and un-check "Avoid Poor Connections".

Volume/Sound Problems
    -Audio drivers are currently a work-in-progress. Updates are still coming all the time.
    -If you have no sound try turning the volume all the way down then up again for alarms, calls, notification, etc.
    -Try re-selecting your ring tones in the app or clearing cache and/or data for that app.
    -Call volume is known to be a bit loud now.
    -There seems to be an issue with Google Now voice recognition mic volume. Try talking in to the noise cancellation mic (top).
    -If your phone is not speaking Google Now results or street names in Navigation properly make sure you are using English (US) in the language settings (other languages/nationalities are currently not supported).

Camera/Gallery
    -Swipe to gallery feature was "broken" by the addition of pinch to zoom. To get it to work swipe outside of image and buttons (in the grey area). **Reverted and reportedly fixed in 9/10**
    -There is currently no option to store to external SD (yet).
    -The built in gallery does not sync to Picasa. This is a known bug.

Battery Life
    -Battery calibration is wiped after first installing or upgrading. Wait a full cycle before trusting percent reported.
    -Install BBS http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1179809 to track alarms and wake locks.
    -Battery use after clearing caches after upgrading is high. Wait til it is finished rebuilding before gauging drain.
    -Other kernels give more control over battery and performance. You can try those but don't report any other bugs here if you do.

Screen Flicker
    -Has improved recently but can be seen occasionally, particularly with 3rd party keyboards or graphics intensive apps.
    -Going to "System Settings->Developer Options" and choosing "Disable HW Overlays" fixes the flicker at the expense of performance.

USB Storage
    -There is no UMS (Generic USB Mass Storage) mode by default on our phones. You may need to install MTP drivers or a different OS that supports it. There are apps http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1711009 that allow UMS access but there are drawbacks.
    -If you followed any of the procedures in the IMEI thread and did not properly revert to MTP mode you may need to do so before being able to access your storage via USB.

Home button wake
    -Going to System "Settings->Performance->Processor" and increasing the minimum CPU frequency from 384 to 486 is reported to fix it.

64GB+ SD Cards
    -CM will not directly support the exFAT format due to licensing restrictions
    -You can format as FAT32 (with the restriction of not being able to have files over 4GB each)
    -Not sure if it is supported at the moment, but in the future you should be able to format as ext (fixes the 4GB file problem, but makes the card unreadable by Windows without special tools)

-For example problems with text messaging when using inverted gapps
    -Use recommended gapps.

-Use the default kernel.

Installing/Upgrading

-Backup/Nandroid
    -Format /system (under Mounts and Storage)
    -Wipe cache
    -Wipe Dalvik cache (under Advanced)
    -Install Nightly ROM zip
    -Install gapps zip
    -Reboot System

-Backup/Nandroid (not technically required, but you're a crazy-pants if you don't)
    -Wipe cache (It looks like dalvik-cache is included in the /cache partition on our phones - it isn't for all phones - so a /cache wipe should cover Dalvik as well. I'm no expert though, so don't take my word for it if you have problems NOT wiping Dalvik cache specifically)
    -Install Nightly Rom zip
    -Reboot System

-Try running Fix Permissions from recovery
    -After backing up, try a Factory Reset combined with the above flashing steps to see if the error occurs on a clean system (Factory Reset does not wipe/format your SD card(s), only erases all apps and app/system data

-Use the default kernel.
    Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you find things to be thankful for; because there is always something to be grateful for.
    Thanks for all of your contributions to this thread, you've all made our experiences better with CM
    Hi all,

For those of who on Rogers Wireless and having problem on WiFi tethering under LTE network on their CM 10.2, here is the solution I found on CM forum. Credit goes to op of http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/76413-wifi-tethering-and-cm-102-issues/.

I tested it on my Rogers rooted SGS3 with the latest NIGHTLY "10/04" and working well to share WiFi under LTE network to my TouchPad!!!

Cheers!
    [SIZE=+2]This thread is designed ONLY for the support of the
    devices.[/SIZE]​

This thread is designed to help keep the dev thread clean and clear for the dev's to do their magic. So please feel free to ask any questions about the ROM, but trolling and flaming will not give great results and will be reported.

The main Dev thread is located HERE
    GAAPS can be found HERE
    ClockworkMod can be found HERE listed as "Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)"

THE NIGHTLY's Can be found HERE

Post your findings/fixes with your install procedure, along with your CWM version, your kernel and any mods

Thank you kangi26 for having created this informational thread

Fixes and Mods:

First Circle Battery Mod by Tiffany84! :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29092238&postcount=1070

Crysis Battery Icon CM10 Build 7/29 by tiffany84:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29761975&postcount=23
    http://d-h.st/2oH

JT Inverted Productions JusTunBean Inverted JB
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29343474

Bypass Exchange Security settings:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117452
    Thanks r0ckvn for the link

LogCat thanks to sublimejosh2000:
    Open your terminal on your phone and type:
    su
    logcat > /sdcard/log.txt

It will continue to write to the file as long as terminal is open and when you experience the bug, it will catch it. When you reboot you should have a nice text file for uploading to the thread

*** If you are getting errors playing Media Files or are seeing multiples of the same image or Grey items. This is "Ghosting", for some reason(what/why this is is unknown to me). The Fix:
    Go to Settings/Apps/All/scroll down to Media Storage, and Clear Data. Reboot, and Scan your media again. Depending how much you have will determine how long it takes. This will happen again when rebooting, maybe not the first or second reboot, but it'll happen again

[SIZE=+3]I am having trouble installing/running/updating CM10[/SIZE]

If you're seeing any problems other than the issues that are posted by the ROM dev's. Try this method.
    Big thanks to QuasiModem

Wipe Cache
    Mounts and Storage => format /system & format /data & format /cache
    Advanced => Reboot Recovery
    Wipe Cache
    Mounts and Storage => Mount /system
    Mounts and Storage => Mount /data
    Flash ROM