Uitzending Gemist (Dutch app) keeps freezing

Search This thread

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010
I've tried the TF700 in the local MediaMarkt and the first app I installed was "Uitzending Gemist". It's a Dutch app to view television shows.

Unfortunately it kept freezing, both during startup and while actually using the app. It continously gave me the "application is not responding" popup.

As you can imagine this was a pretty horrible first experience, and I decided to not buy the tablet yet.

Is this issue caused by the IO problems, and do other apps suffer from it as well? Anyone else tried to use this app on the TF700?

Also, is the problem just as severe on the TF300?

chocoprins

Aug 9, 2006
I have the TF700 for a week now and 'uitzending gemist' was one of the first apps I installed. It runs quite good and I have not experienced any problems.

The problems you have seen are probably due to a bad network connection.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010
I have the TF700 for a week now and 'uitzending gemist' was one of the first apps I installed. It runs quite good and I have not experienced any problems.

The problems you have seen are probably due to a bad network connection.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

That seems extremely unlikely, I'm not talking about watching videos or anything. The home screen of the app doesn't even load before I get a freeze with the "Uitzending Gemist is not responding" message.

Good news that you don't seem to have the issues though..

chocoprins

Aug 9, 2006
Well, my experience on other devices is that the app tends to crash when a wireless network connection is not stable. Just tried it here by moving away from my access point and the app again has problems, but in my opinion the TF700 is not to blame.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I've tried the TF700 in the local MediaMarkt and the first app I installed was "Uitzending Gemist". It's a Dutch app to view television shows.

Unfortunately it kept freezing, both during startup and while actually using the app. It continously gave me the "application is not responding" popup.

As you can imagine this was a pretty horrible first experience, and I decided to not buy the tablet yet.

Is this issue caused by the IO problems, and do other apps suffer from it as well? Anyone else tried to use this app on the TF700?

Also, is the problem just as severe on the TF300?

Hi Tom, only now have had the opportunity (and energy ;) ) to give the app a run, and I do not experience any issues with it. Starts up fast, runs nicely. OK, granted, on my mobile data, video is just plain crap, but I was testing aboard a train, so it might have had something to do with the cell tower changing or something. I do not know what the issues was, of course, but I'm at least not having issues with the app. (Haven't had this installed for ages, as I do not watch television -- I already have a severe shortage of hours in my day ;) ).

tommedema

Nov 6, 2010
Ok, that's good to hear! Sounds like the MM unit was borked. Not a very good way to sell a product hehe.

Thanks!